Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sesh0nm0m

Fe179user wrote: »
    Does anyone have the paper/topic from November 2020 tort, criminal, and constitutional exam? Also tort august 2020 topics/exam? Appreciate it if anyone could help!

Don't have the tort paper on me but in August there was a prob q on trespass to the person, prob q on trespass/Rylands v Fletcher, essay q on defamation in the time social media, prob q on passing off and honestly cannot remember what else rn but will let you know if I do

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Sesh0nm0m wrote: »
    Don't have the tort paper on me but in August there was a prob q on trespass to the person, prob q on trespass/Rylands v Fletcher, essay q on defamation in the time social media, prob q on passing off and honestly cannot remember what else rn but will let you know if I do

If this was the in person one there was an essay on res ipsa loquiter

There was also a question on defective products

And there was also an essay on limitations

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FE1Eire

Looking for some insight on what people are studying for the upcoming Property Paper!

I'm studying -
    - Co-Ownership
    - Succession
    - Easements
    - Adverse Possession

Unsure what to study out of these four to have myself well covered!
    - Licenses and Related Interests
    - Freehold Covenants
    - Family Property
    - Landlord and Tennant

I cannot wrap my head around mortgages so I have left it behind me!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the OPW are still only accepting orders for legislation over the phone between Wednesdays & Thursdays between 10am – 12.30pm like last year?

They are, I ordered about two weeks ago and it took around a week to come. I think they are dispatching orders one day a week.

Anyone make any progress with the LS today? My soul is destroyed rn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

I really hope the Law Society reveal *before* applications open, exactly how the exams will be conducted this time around.

My better examinations logins are basically deleted from what I could see back in December so I don't know are they using the same website with the same format.

It's key that we know how the exams will be conducted, and if there's any changes to this sitting compared to the last.

Lallers96 wrote: »
    I really hope the Law Society reveal *before* applications open, exactly how the exams will be conducted this time around.

My better examinations logins are basically deleted from what I could see back in December so I don't know are they using the same website with the same format.

It's key that we know how the exams will be conducted, and if there's any changes to this sitting compared to the last.

tbh like what's even the point of sitting them again if they're not even gonna be honest that they messed up (or did something immoral) and could very well pull this bs again? I actually just cannot cope

FE1Eire wrote: »
    Looking for some insight on what people are studying for the upcoming Property Paper!

I'm studying -
    - Co-Ownership
    - Succession
    - Easements
    - Adverse Possession

Unsure what to study out of these four to have myself well covered!
    - Licenses and Related Interests
    - Freehold Covenants
    - Family Property
    - Landlord and Tennant

I cannot wrap my head around mortgages so I have left it behind me!

I’d do finding as well it’s very short and easy

I’d definitely look at family property and then landlord and tenant and if time licenses

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

Hi all, have noticed people saying that EU is quite easy to cut down on topics but cannot find which ones! Is anybody able to advise ? Thanks ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

FE1million wrote: »
    Hi all, have noticed people saying that EU is quite easy to cut down on topics but cannot find which ones! Is anybody able to advise ? Thanks ! :)

Id be grateful for this too :)

• Advertisement

FE1million wrote: »

Free movement of goods
    Free movement of workers
    Citizenship
    Direct effect
    Judicial review
    Institutions

All a must

There have been 4 papers set last year so idk if the examiner will change it up now but that’s what usually comes up

But I wouldn’t be surprised if topics like the preliminary reference procedure or infringement proceedings come up

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

Free movement of goods
    Free movement of workers
    Citizenship
    Direct effect
    Judicial review
    Institutions

All a must

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the OPW are still only accepting orders for legislation over the phone between Wednesdays & Thursdays between 10am – 12.30pm like last year?

I emailed yesterday and was told they’re attending the office on January 20th to post out legislation. I was able to list the legislation I wanted to order and they said I’ll be contacted about payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

TCPIP wrote: »
    Has anybody started getting word on access requests yet?

No and I emailed at 11:02am so I’d imagine I was close to the top of the list, if they’re doing them first-come-first-served!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bozzer198

Iv sent emails with no reply , not sure how others are getting on, not sure how many people actually emailed them tho either. Iv done nothing since results except send emails and look at boards, honestly dont see the point because i dont know how i could improve the answers i gave. have 3 more to sit and cant even get started.

bozzer198 wrote: »
    Iv sent emails with no reply , not sure how others are getting on, not sure how many people actually emailed them tho either. Iv done nothing since results except send emails and look at boards, honestly dont see the point because i dont know how i could improve the answers i gave. have 3 more to sit and cant even get started.

I've emailed two of the teachers at my college, I've emailed the owner of the college to warn him of how this could affect his business, I've emailed the LS, I've rang, I've reached out to Eoin O Broin and Richard Chambers. I'm just so drained. I am now terrified of my two new subjects (which were supposed to be my last) after reading through here and the thought of repeating the two I failed which I thought I passed is unbearable. They either made a mistake or they did something completely immoral and tons of us and our futures and careers have been impacted severely. We are paying for a service. This is unbelievable. I am trying to focus on my two new ones for now as I have to sit them obviously. I've requested my scripts and applied for a recheck and gonna focus on the new subjects for the next couple weeks anyways but the thought of not having a future makes me severely depressed and my mental health is non-existent rn.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

I've sent them a few emails - the only one they've responded to so far was my recheck request, they were asking for the fee

LawLearnin wrote: »
    I've sent them a few emails - the only one they've responded to so far was my recheck request, they were asking for the fee

I didn't even get so much as a response to my recheck form just ignored ignored ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bozzer198

I didn't even get so much as a response to my recheck form just ignored ignored ignored

same, i have requested rechecks but havnt paid, has anyone done any different regarding rechecks without seeing the paper? got the same request for fees but thats all and it was before i started sending emails, probably will hold off sending yours if you complained first because they cant ask for money and ignore your other emails.

bozzer198 wrote: »
    same, i have requested rechecks but havnt paid, has anyone done any different regarding rechecks without seeing the paper? got the same request for fees but thats all and it was before i started sending emails, probably will hold off sending yours if you complained first because they cant ask for money and ignore your other emails.

Yeah that's possible. I emailed on Thursday before I sent the recheck form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Juryisout1996

law1234567 wrote: »
    Can anyone who sat constitutional in November remember the case note cases that came up? Cant find a copy of the paper anywhere :/

1. McGee v AG - Privacy.

2. Connolly v An Bord Pleanala - Fair Procedures (heightened duty to give reasons by administrative decisions makers).

3. DPP v Doyle - Trial in Due Course of law (right to have a solicitor present during questioning).

4. Can't remember.

If you DM your email I can forward on what I prepped, even just to get an idea of the length, depth and detail required for Con notes. I went with Connolly and Doyle on the day and did quite well in the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

I sent the re-check form and I got a response looking for the fee.

I sent three separate emails sending off for my scripts (surely this shouldn't take so long since they don't need to scan every paper. Also, they have them from BetterExaminations because they needed to give them to the examiners to mark). So, I really see no reason for any of their delay with those scripts. They have less to do than normally.

I have called the LS reception and the staff's individual numbers. Nobody answers.

I know a lot of people including myself have submitted complaints along the lines of ombudsman, LSRA. One more I would suggest complaining to the European Data Protection Supervisor regarding the GDPR scripts/data.. particularly the fact that they are not communicating to our requests for the scripts, 30 days be damned. Especially that person who got a dodgy email regarding impersonation, you definitely should make sure they're giving you info what thats about:

https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-role-supervisor/complaints_en

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Zlatorog

1. McGee v AG - Privacy.

2. Connolly v An Bord Pleanala - Fair Procedures (heightened duty to give reasons by administrative decisions makers).

3. DPP v Doyle - Trial in Due Course of law (right to have a solicitor present during questioning).

4. Can't remember.

If you DM your email I can forward on what I prepped, even just to get an idea of the length, depth and detail required for Con notes. I went with Connolly and Doyle on the day and did quite well in the exam.

Edit: Final one was Roche v Roche

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fe1student2803

1. McGee v AG - Privacy.

4. Can't remember.

The 4th was Roche v Roche I’m almost certain

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Fe7 wrote: »
    Heres the Conference 2020 thing for constitution that was discussed a few pages back I purchased. Not worth the 20EUR and I have attached it below, so save yourselves.

Any donations of SA or examiner reports or exams October 2019 and later for Constitution or EU greatly appreciated :o

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Honestly thank you so much for this. I'm broke atm and wasn't gonna be able to justifying spending Є20 on this so you're a live-saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Here's a copy of the Nov constitutional paper if anyone needs it

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    Here's a copy of the Nov constitutional paper if anyone needs it

How did you get the paper may I ask ? Wondering if anyone has the contract one

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Zlatorog

The 4th was Roche v Roche I’m almost certain

Whoops, yeah I think you're right.

How did you get the paper may I ask ? Wondering if anyone has the contract one

I don't but from memory: 2 qs on frustration - one essay and one prob q about frustration due to covid, undue influence, essay about connection between promissory estoppel and consideration, prob q on misrep/mistake, prob q on consumer protection/exemption clauses and some weird q on acceptance or something like that but I didn't have a breeze what was going on and I avoided it, also an essay q on Dunlop principles and a prob q on mixed types of damages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FE1Eire

I’d do finding as well it’s very short and easy

I’d definitely look at family property and then landlord and tenant and if time licenses

Brilliant, thanks so much :)

Advertisement