Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2020 - AH Official Thread *READ OP BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Luis Enrique lost his 8 year old daughter last year to bone cancer, I always liked him, looks great for his age now too, so does Mancini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Amazing to see Vialli there.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Football is the loser tonight. Roll on Italy…

Lol. They will beat Denmark.

Pedri will be even better in the World Cup and hopefully they figure out how to score goals. Next world cup should be great, is there anyone in South America that's even any good these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

Tough on Spain. But their GK’s antics annoyed me during the penalties and I don’t think I’d have enjoyed seeing them play England in the final (assuming it’s England).
    Customary Italia 90 jersey….

557853.jpeg

And the red head in front of him… I’m going on a limb here and saying he’s also a Paddy.

God, I cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

archfi wrote: »
    Rio ferdinand saying England can take both Spain and Italy...without a doubt...

He’ll get a shock if Denmark do a number on the English ... he might want to consider that first..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Belotti looks like Nate Diaz.

Spain were better and they did great in this tournament but I think Italy would have a better chance of beating England.
    The Wembley crowd wont spook them as much. Ideally Italy win 1-0 and spend the last 15 minutes messing and total sh*thousery, I'd love that.

That sounds just about perfection. A sloppy goal that shouldn’t stand and most of the end of the game lying down and rolling around for maximum effect.

God, I cringe.

Did you cringe at the Algerian flags and English fans singing there tonight too?

• Advertisement

That sounds just about perfection. A sloppy goal that shouldn’t stand and most of the end of the game lying down and rolling around for maximum effect.

And an England goal unfairly ruled out by VAR

One can but dream. That’ll keep me going until
    Sunday anyway.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Football is the loser tonight. Roll on Italy…

Lol. They will beat Denmark.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'll miss those cheery trumpets on RTE's coverage next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'd fancy Italy to beat England. Even if they were second best for long periods tonight - but, yet, here we are with Italy as the winners.

I fancy England for tomorrow, but, I wouldn't rule the Danes out either.

I wonder if it's because of the 3 year break but I can't remember ever enjoying a tournament as much as I have this one

• Advertisement

In the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

What a night.

I want Chiellini lifting that trophy, the mad bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

archfi wrote: »
    Only side with 100% record in the tournament -wins all the way.

Tonight will officially be a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Swaine wrote: »
    What a night.

The zany fcuker

I wonder if it's because of the 3 year break but I can't remember ever enjoying a tournament as much as I have this one

I think some of it has to do with the contrast between the sterile and endless feel of the club season during the year. The tournament feels far more vibrant and meaningful, but, I think, objectively, it has been a great tournament. Good football, great games. Best tournament since maybe WC98 IMO.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    In the last minute.

If all this happened they’d have another referendum on
    Brexit. Just to confirm it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

The Italian defence shouldn't cope with anyone's pace. But it does

They conceded far too many gilt edge chances tonight. Spain's woeful finishing let them off. There is nothing even remotely water tight about that Italian rear guard.

Swaine wrote: »
    What a night.

The Italians have a wild streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Denmark will beat England tomorrow.....

Take it to the bank....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

They conceded far too many gilt edge chances tonight. Spain's woeful finishing let them off. There is nothing even remotely water tight about that Italian rear guard.

What was the record coming into this?

That Italian defence won't live with England's pace.

Known Southgate, he probably won't pick Walker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Denmark will beat England tomorrow.....

Take it to the bank....

I'm holding you and said financial institution to this.

I say Brady love to be there.

I don't know if England will create as many chances. It's been a feature of Spain throughout that they create endless chances, but you don't know if they'll score five goals or struggle to get one - seems to depend on the mood they're in.

I can't see England being as fluid as that. They were stodgy in the groups, fairly pedestrian until the final 20 against Germany and I don't think I'd put much into them hammering Ukraine, honestly, Ireland could have probably taken that Ukraine team on the night.

I think Italy's hardest game was tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

So who's in the running for Player of the Tournament now? For Italy you'd have to say Bonucci and Chiesa. England probably Shaw and Sterling. Dolberg for Denmark.

Be interesting to see who wins that accolade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

An awful lot of expectation on England to get the job done tomorrow. No pressure on the Danes.

I'm just starting to wonder......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    An awful lot of expectation on England to get the job done tomorrow. No pressure on the Danes.

I'm just starting to wonder......

I just hope "for Damien Duff's sake" that the Danes beat England tomorrow night, otherwise he'll be totally gutted (after spending a full two years building a portfolio on the Danish National squad), who he claims are amazing and or brilliant!

He said all this on RTE at the end of the Italy-Spain game.

I just hope "for Damien Duff's sake" that the Danes beat England tomorrow night, otherwise he'll be gutted (after spending two years building a portfolio on the Danish National squad), who he claims are amazing and or brilliant!

Was watchin' the Beeb, missed that.

I just hope "for Damien Duff's sake" that the Danes beat England tomorrow night, otherwise he'll be totally gutted (after spending a full two years building a portfolio on the Danish National squad), who he claims are amazing and or brilliant!

Was that when Eriksen turned us inside out?

Denmark beat England in Wembley all of 9 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'd fancy Italy to beat England. Even if they were second best for long periods tonight - but, yet, here we are with Italy as the winners.

I fancy England for tomorrow, but, I wouldn't rule the Danes out either.

I was seriously impressed with the Italy defense, how they defend as a team, so strong and organized it looked like a blue wall...they needed to endure serious pressure too.

The stats on Forza show that over the match they only had 35% of possession, usually a team with that little control of the football is loosing the match.

Strumms wrote: »
    I was seriously impressed with the Italy defense, how they defend as a team, so strong and organized it looked like a blue wall...they needed to endure serious pressure too.

The stats on Forza show that over the match they only had 35% of possession, usually a team with that little control of the football is loosing the match.

Yeah, I wouldn't have come away from the game thinking the Italian defence looked ropey. Spain did create chances, but they were always likely too, by and large the Italian defence did the business and they were under the cosh for long long periods. It was especially impressive, I thought, how they handled extra time. I was sure the game was likely to go to Spain, but Italy controlled them and saw it out. And their organisation and shape was always clear, apart from when Morata got the run on them. And look at their record - they just don't concede many goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

YFlyer wrote: »
    Was that when Eriksen turned us inside out?

Did Duff mention that game? You must mean the 5-0 drubbing at the hands of the Danes in the World Cup quarter finals in 2017 ... which then presumably turned Duff into hero worshiping the Danes, prompting him into spending two years building a portfolio on them?

Did Duff mention that game? You must mean the 5-0 drubbing at the hands of the Danes in the World Cup quarter finals in 2017 ... which then presumably turned Duff into hero worshiping the Danes, prompting him into spending two years building a portfolio on them?

I don't know. Wasn't watching the analysis the whole time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Denmark beat England in Wembley all of 9 months ago.
    When England played 4 or 5 debutantes due to covid and Maguire was sent off?

Customary Italia 90 jersey….

557853.jpeg

And the red head in front of him… I’m going on a limb here and saying he’s also a Paddy.

Bomber Liston mentioned the Kerry lad on his Twitter.

dinorebel wrote: »
    When England played 4 or 5 debutantes due to covid and Maguire was sent off?

That's the one alright.

Look, I expect England to win tomorrow, but I don't think a shock would be all that shocking.

That's the one alright.

Look, I expect England to win tomorrow, but I don't think a shock would be all that shocking.

Going for Denmark because of the Spurs connection.

If I was asked to put "your mortgage" on one team tomorrow, I would put it on England.

They have travelled comfortably enough through this tourney, including navigating Germany( always a nervous game), conceded no goals and they also have some individual talent in the team (a match winner in a tight game).

Philips and Rice are giving their defense extra cover.

Yet, the expectations seem to be that it was either Italy or Spain in a final. Both two teams that England would have a healthy respect /fear of meeting.

Their media seem to be dismissing the Danes.

Denmark must be lapping up the coverage. England must be feeling the weight of expectation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Denmark must be lapping up the coverage. England must be feeling the weight of expectation.

Why would this be the case? Id imagine nerves will be a factor in both camps and i envisage a game that will reflect this, with england coming through in a similar fashion as they did against the czechs, albeit after losing the clean sheet record maybe. If that comes to pass I think they will win it out.

• Advertisement

Why would this be the case? Id imagine nerves will be a factor in both camps and i envisage a game that will reflect this, with england coming through in a similar fashion as they did against the czechs, albeit after losing the clean sheet record maybe. If that comes to pass I think they will win it out.

On paper ,in the media, England are a shoe - in. Defeat to Italy is acceptable. Defeat tomorrow would be a deflating bubble-bursting anti-climax.

If Carlsberg did Semi-Finals ..........

Night-Night...Brazil V Argentina final in the Copa America ( Argentina through on pens.). Been a long night for me...see ya all tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

England are the gift that keep on giving!

THANK YOU ITALY!!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

So much has happened since this site went offline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

At least John Delaney got good seats at the final…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

maybe he led the charge of the ticketless😉

• Advertisement
Advertisement