Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere good in Sligo

Options
  • 24-06-2021 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭

Heading down to rosses point in a week camping, kids bringing their bikes of course, anywhere decent nearby for me to warrant bringing mine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

coolaney mtb is suitable for kids look it up on youtube. Trails are official ones by coilte.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Reckon a 6 year old on a no sus bike could handle the blue trails? Has me plagued to go mountain biking with me, so far have got him up the fireroad in ticknock and a couple of goes on pumptrack

kenmc wrote: »
    Reckon a 6 year old on a no sus bike could handle the blue trails? Has me plagued to go mountain biking with me, so far have got him up the fireroad in ticknock and a couple of goes on pumptrack

Yeah probably, the suspension probably isn't too much of an issue just ensure the bike has some form of knobby tires as the grip will be different to the pumptrack.
    If they can go down ticknock fireroad themselves controlling there own speed theres probably not too big of a difference.
    https://youtu.be/DvXxcZAIMVw?t=176

This video can give you a good idea of what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

I think union wood used to hold a round of the NPS xc series back in the day. I suspect someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

Mr Turnip, is there anyone renting bikes at Coolaney? Hoping to talk the gf into trying it out

• Advertisement

None that I'm aware of, best to ask some bike shops in Sligo town I'd reckon, see what they can do.

Advertisement