Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

European Senior Team Ch

Options
  • 30-06-2021 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

EUROPEAN SENIOR TEAM CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP 2021
    29th August – 8th September 2021
    Categories 50+ and 65+

AVE-KONTAKT was commissioned by the European Chess Federation to organize this important chess event.

With this event, we want to follow up on the successful World Championship of senior teams from last year. This year, the event will move to the beautiful Hotel Don Giovanni (where the 3 years of the prestigious Prague International Chess Festival have taken place here), which offers great conditions for play, accommodation, meals and leisure activities. We also managed to negotiate interesting prices for accommodation (eg 1 bed in a 2-bed room with breakfast for 30 EUR, etc.) Take advantage of the unique opportunity to play with chess legends.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭RooksPawn

Full details won't be available until 5 July I hear. Teams of four (+ optional reserve) in each age group is the usual rule.

Also the European individual senior championships will be in Sardinia, starting 25 September.

Anyone up for these events?
    Inessential travel, Delta variant, lots of testing, possible quarantine...

No, I don't think so.

Prague would be easier to get to than the Sardinian venue but the risk of entering a team event and then having last-minute drop-outs is rather high.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

RooksPawn wrote: »
    I don't think it's that bad.

Inessential travel, sure, but international travel restrictions are due to lift from 19th July anyway. Even if that's delayed a couple of weeks, the vaccine roll-out means it should be raised ahead of the tournament.

Delta variant - indicators are the vaccine is effective against delta, so if you're vaccinated, then you should be fine.

Lots of testing - meh. So what. Takes a few moments.

Possible quarantine - Czech Republic is in the EU, so the digital vaccine pass is due to be operational by then, which would mean no quarantine. Anyway, how bad would two weeks' quarantine really be given we've effectively all been doing it the past 18 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Joedryan

Isn't it in Slovenia?

edit -no thats the normal one, not Seniors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

RooksPawn wrote: »
    Full details won't be available until 5 July I hear. Teams of four (+ optional reserve) in each age group is the usual rule.

Also the European individual senior championships will be in Sardinia, starting 25 September.

No, I don't think so.

Prague would be easier to get to than the Sardinian venue but the risk of entering a team event and then having last-minute drop-outs is rather high.
    Sardinia in September would be nice. I've spent more time in Prague than I have in Cork, Kilkenny and Galway combined so, beautiful and all as it is, the seaside and somewhere new is much more tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Joedryan

sodacat11 wrote: »
    Sardinia in September would be nice. I've spent more time in Prague than I have in Cork, Kilkenny and Galway combined so, beautiful and all as it is, the seaside and somewhere new is much more tempting.

Sardinia is the European Senior Individual?

Was thinking of giving that a bash some year

• Advertisement

Joedryan wrote: »
    Sardinia is the European Senior Individual?

Was thinking of giving that a bash some year

We had great craic in Croatia two years ago when a group of nine of us went and four or five of us brought partners. If we could organize something like that again it would be good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭macelligott

I’d be interested if I can get off work 😀

I am going to play in the individual championship in Sardinia instead.

Advertisement