Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of trying Ti

• 15-07-2021 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking at maybe buying a Van Nicholas on my next iteration of the BTW scheme, wondering if:

• I'm mad
    • They're worth it

Anyone have any experience of their bikes?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there are a couple of users here; mercian pro definitely anyway.

I asked a similar question a while back,

decided on a different bike in the end,

https://boards.ie/discussion/2058183974/van-nicholas#latest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

No and maybe!

If you want a long-term relationship with your bike and not to be constantly tempted by flashy eye-candy, Ti is for you. Compared to a lot of other frames, it should give you a more comfortable ride particularly over longer distances, hence its popularity with Audax cyclists. Other positives are the retro styling and low maintenance finish.

Negatives would generally be a slight weight penalty vs carbon and price. However, if you shop around, you may find some bargains. Unfortunately Van Nicholas discontinued their entry-level Ventus after a couple of years as it was affecting sales of their more expensive models.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

This thread really needed the title ‘Ti-curious’

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭benneca1

Can fully recommend Ti have had a Van Nick and two enigmas always my go to bike if going long Love the feel on the road no amplification of road buzz.

• Advertisement
Advertisement