Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inmates you have the Asylum

• 15-07-2021 9:28pm

I'm leaving.

This is faceboards.

I do not support this.

I'd close my account but that option no longer exists.

Kind regards,

Liam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Morgan The Moon

Liam, You have added so much to the Motorhome Fraternity here, personally I will miss your colorfull contributions. Why not give it some time and keep kicking this place into shape.

Rgds MTM

Thanks for the kind words MTM. Remember the good 'ole days of yore? When there was a button for that.

Thanks express my sincerity more than like. Liking is trivial.

Long before I was a forum junky. Before I had a camper. I had a clever friend who imparted to me her enjoyment of forums. That unlike many other forms of intellectual exchange it intrinsically held people to account for their posting by the nature of it's pace. Replies can take days. That means people give responses they've invested time in constructing, do potential legwork, verify sources, thought about the answer, reflected on their standpoint, etc...

My excursions to other trendy, click-baity social media leave me feeling hollow at the lack of validity to goings-on. Then I analyse the fundamentals to their success and purpose as an advertisement tuning data collection agency and dispair at that the context is entirely minor and the content often unfounded but serves a purpose to ....solar freakin' roads are a thing {https://theconversation.com/solar-freakin-roadways-why-the-future-of-this-technology-may-not-be-so-bright-51304}

I think our hosts latest move is a push to bring the forum into the media march and lose it's roots in the process.

I gratefully decline the opportunity to facilitate this.

I take disagreement to having twit-face clickies on my posts.

Give it some time...well I figured out solar roadways wouldn't work on the back of an envelope. Governments invested millions.

I have so many disagreements with the execution and topology of the new status quo that I think there's little I can/would want to do to change it.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

I'm also struggling Laim, but just because we're old and grumpy and don't like change doesn't mean that new stuff is not good, I'm going to give it some time... But I fear you maybe you may be right

I like new stuff. But only when it's better.

I drive 20 year old cars with a better power to weight ratio than most modern yolks and none of the problems. I just replaced all the injectors on one for €50.

I use 20 year old low frequency inverters to power my house and installations that modern contraptions can't hold a candle to.

I'm installing lead acid pallet truck batteries because they kick Li-ion bottom from here to Sunday on price, capacity and practical applications.

If it transpires I'm wrong I might rereg as a civi. As far as I'm concerned they had something good and original and now they're transmuting it into a diluted copy of it's antitheses with throwbacks to what made it great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

Liam

Your wit ,knowledge and entertaining delivery over the years has been priceless.

Keep her lit.

Terry

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Now that brings a tear to my eye. Not an ECU or OBD in sight, PS or ABS and stability control was a function of your steering, brake, and throttle control not some mysterious microchip. I love the spots angled out to see around corners too.

Your avatar makes you look about 20 years younger Niloc.

...I've had words about the UI to the powers that be. I've reconsidered throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I'll be under similar machines with a welder while I'm waiting for the UI to mature up a bit. 🤓

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

You can't leave know Liam, just as I am considering solar and may need help😮

I'm still waiting for the like to become thanks and the twitface links to be tucked away. This place is too trendy for me.

• Advertisement

An awful lot of my open source content got nuked too. 100s of hours of public domain content no longer exists.

This is definitely Facebook so. Announced retirement a month ago and is still posting.

As I say I changed my mind in the hope the place would improve. Comments like that are not helping my enthusiasm to remain. Go check my post count and involvement since OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

What do you mean, did they delete stuff or you can't find it?

All site-hosted images and pdfs are no more. This thread with 10s of thousands of views now makes zero sense.

Schematics I uploaded across the site all reflecting 30-40 hours of preproduction each...same.

Sure I have the originals. But the site has lost the content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Craaap, unfortunately archive.org doesn't work either.

I had no idea as haven't been on much due to doing real world stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

What have boards said, there a few golden treads on the site, think classic boat build, classic are find and of course your goodself. Ask Boards in the feedback section. But this is also going on to long they've made an utter cluster **** of it

Advertisement