Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the sub forum gone?

• 19-07-2021 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, don't know if this is the correct place - not liking this 'new look' boards, but does anyone know where the private forum has gone to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Lots of comments on the new look...but just give them a change to sort it. But yes the sub forums are currently gone for everyone.

Also worth watching the help & feedback for updates

https://boards.ie/discussion/2058199223/just-bugs-missing-functionality-reports-no-griping#latest

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Try this: https://boards.ie/group/1836-online-teaching-resources

Because the subforum was private on the old site it's now a "Group" rather than a forum as Vanilla does not support access restricted or private forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just saw this hop up on the homepage under the new threads. I think the old Private or Restricted Forums have now become groups, it's probably easier to manage user access that way. If you go to https://boards.ie/groups do you see what you would have previously had access to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

This, not happy with the site at all, can’t find anything I usually follow, hopefully all will return to normal soon !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I can't find anything at all. It's a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

A bit relieved to read this, I thought it was just me doing something fairly stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I can't find anything either. No handy drop down list that you could scroll over and get to things fast. They're doing a great job of killing the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Random sample

If you go into the quick links section at the bottom of the screen and click on bookmarks you can see discussions in there that you have contributed to. You can reach the forum from there.

spoiler alert, there are no new posts lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Random sample

Actually there’s a link for groups down there too which brings you straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Have some of our threads not followed over either.

I've seen one I started simply say 'failed to load' instead.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
Advertisement