If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" TV Recommendation

Options
  • 19-07-2021 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there I am looking to upgrade to a 55" (my old 32" is looking very small in the new living room). I have done some research and am having a hard time deciding - please help! My budget is in and around €1000 and tv will be used: mostly for movies/netflix - occasionally for sport - never for gaming. At the moment I am trying to decide between OLED and LED... 1. Entry level OLED - I have always heard the hype around OLED so very interested in this option, the budget could do the Philips 55OLED705 and maybe be convinced to go for the LG OLED55CX5LB -- What is the advantage of the LG? I see the Philips supports HDR10+ and the LG does not (though have seen negative reviews of the Philips implementation - has this been fixed?). Is not having HDR10+ a deal-breaker? 2. Mid-range LED - In what situation would I opt for an LED TV when the OLEDs are just in reach with my budget? The Sony KD55XH9505BU and LG 55NANO806PA have caught my eye here. -- Is there any other LED worth considering? What are the better options between the two above? Lastly - are there any good deals right now? or ex-display models that I should be considering?

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.