Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EI Business Class

• 20-07-2021 2:48pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Flying to Chicago in Sept and before I book my flight can anyone tell me if the full business class product is being offered with Covid or is it a very much trimmed down service.

Many thanks,

TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Seems that the Aer Lingus T2 lounge is currently closed for refurbishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭jhegarty

51st and green still closed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

One of those youtube travel reviewers reviewed Chicago Dublin on Aer Lingus recently, thought the flight was back in March I believe as there was still snow on the ground at O'Hare, it seemed like a full service Business Class from what I remember of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92XSkTXumnk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Jack1985

The full Business Class experience on board is as normal, however as pointed out some lounge closures are still in effect.

Shame, the 51st and Green is a lovely little lounge, always enjoyed a few drinks while sitting watching the planes out of the big windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Indoor dining reopens on Monday so I'd assume the lounges can apply the same rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭basill

Time will tell. Still only 1 coffee shop open when I was in T2 this week. Not sure what the lie of the land was down at the gates. Wouldn't be surprised if there are issues with leases behind the scenes before there is a full return of the concession holders.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Thanks for all the replies everyone I have just started to look at flights and the big question do you have to quarantine still on arrival even though I am fully vaccinated and have my travel digital passport.

We are still largely banned from the US as it stands at least last I checked unless you have US citizenship or similar. Maybe it changed recently, it was still in place when the G7 met in late June.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Great hopefully it changes or no trip in September for me.

• Advertisement

Believe it or not Trump's proclamation from way bac when is still in place

Entry of foreign nationals who were physically present within the following list of countries within 14 days prior to their entry or attempted entry into the United States is suspended, per Presidential Proclamations 9984, 9992, 10143 and the Presidential Proclamation of April 30: India; Brazil; The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe; The Republic of Ireland; South Africa; The 26 countries that comprise the Schengen Area (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland); The Islamic Republic of Iran; The People’s Republic of China.

Please click here to review Presidential Proclamation 10143 in full for detailed information.

The travel restriction does not apply to American citizens, legal permanent residents, most immediate family members of U.S. citizens, and other individuals who are identified in Presidential Proclamation 10143. Travelers are advised to visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for further guidance on U.S. travel restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Noxegon

The short version of the above - if you're not a US Citizen, then you can only enter the US if you haven't been in Europe in the last 14 days.

I booked a flight last night and was interested to see that most of the business class cabin is occupied. I guess that means that there are plenty of Americans coming here.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Differences back in November were no lounge, no bottle of water at the seat, but you can ask for one. No pre-departure drinks, they're served after take off when they would normally bring canapés. Everything else was as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Apropos of nothing –

• Booked Thursday night.
    • First schedule change mail received Friday night.
    • Second schedule change mail received tonight (Saturday) night.

Wonder how many more I'll get...

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Advertisement