Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital Claim rejected by Health Insurer

• 21-07-2021 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just want to see what the general thoughts are on the following before I ring up to argue my end of things.

First of all, last year I switched jobs and my policy lapsed by 1 week before I remembered to renew it so I am now serving the 5 year waiting period for pre-existing illness's etc (thankfully I dont have any!!).

Roll on to this year, I had to go for a scan a couple of months ago. I have had the same scan done twice before and was covered by the health insurance for it.

The scan is not due to any symptoms or conditions that I have, it is more a pre-cautionary / routine scan every 5 years to avoid or detect symptoms as early on as possible as my father suffered from cancer almost 15 years ago. So as I say, the scan is more to detect anything as early as possible.

So the other day, I receive a letter stating that the health insurer has rejected the claim by the hospital stating that "the symptoms and conditions were present before joining the health insurer and therefore a pre-existing condition waiting period applies".

As mentioned above, I neither have any symptoms or condition but it is simply a routine / pre-cautionary scan on a 5 yr basis.

Whats the gut feel here, is this something I have to pay for myself or should it be covered by the health insurance as its not a pre-existing condition????

Thank You!

Comments

Advertisement