Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat bothering neighbor

• 22-07-2021 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have four cats that are allowed out during the day but one has been bothering my neighbor who is an elderly lady. He hasnt been coming home the last few nights and my neighbor call at 10 tonight because he had got in her window and was in her house and frightened her. I don't want an old lady to be scared in her house but I genuinely don't know what to do. I know he would hang out in her garden which she hated and we bought her some deterrents but nothing works.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Get her a water pistol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The only viable and effective way sadly is to keep him in. She needs to have her windows open in this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,611 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is your garden enclosed? There is fencing you can get that will stop the cat climbing out of your garden.

Keep your car in your house or your garden. It's not right to let your cats wander around the neighbourhood

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shanos

I kept my oldest cat inside for 2 years due to apartment living and then she was not very street smart when we moved to a house in a residential area. She adapted over time with the help of a lead at first and now is a much happier cat living outside. She did go through a phase of bothering my neighbour by bawling at his door to be let in but it passed after a month or so. I did have to watch her closely for a while and reward her with a treat when I called her and she came back to the right house. I think it is very unrealistic to say keep the cat in the house or garden, they are very skilled escapees and from experience I have learned they are certainly more happy with space to roam. It's their natural behaviour to have territory and garden's are often not big enough for this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement