Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBI - Your Premises Is Not Included in the National Rollout

Options
  • 06-12-2021 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm just wondering is anyone else having a similar issue regarding your premises not being eligible to be connected to the NBI highspeed broadband plan. Basically, the network is going live in my village within the next few weeks and the problem we face is that according to NBI, we are not eligible to get the highspeed broadband as they say commercial providers can provide speeds of 30mbps or more, which isn't the case, we can get a maximum of 15mbps. The other thing is that, we are located on a cul-de-sac road and 2 of the 14 houses on the road are getting the NBI, those houses being the last 2 houses on the road. I noticed NBI vans on the road outside the house last week and I asked the workers who confirmed that the fibre lines were in place as far as the manhole on the road outside our gate.

I was also in contact with NBI two months ago and they advised me to email the relevant Government department about the issue, which I did. They said our premises would be re-evaluated. There are no updates on that yet.

If anyone has had a similar issue or can maybe provide some further information, that would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭trant

The DCCAE review process takes 6-9 months, from experience. You'll then need to be surveyed by NBI, the timeline for which is undetermined.

Keep onto DCCAE and contact your local county council broadband officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Yeah we'll have to see what we can do as 6-9 months is quite a while. I don't see what the hold up should be as the infrastructure is in place and it's clear to see that we can't get more than 30mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭trant

There's a formal review required before they can add you, and it's only done a few times a year. It's not as simple as making a change on the map unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Best of luck. I've been chasing the department of comms for 2 years now trying to be added. My house is down as being capable of 40mb. I was getting 20-25mb and now a bunch of new houses have been added to my estate and I'm lucky to see 10mb. My area has since been included in Eir's extended roll out, but who knows if that will ever actually happen.

Email your local broadband officer, a PDF contact list is available here.

This thread has some details for Eir's expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Yeah I might give that a go and see if I get anywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement