Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no upload speed? + help finding a ISP

Options
  • 19-02-2022 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

PS if you want to skip all the moaning you can go straight to the last line !

Looking at Vodafone, Eir, and etc, nobody seems to display the upload speed, at any stage (not even on the T/C).

I know from experience that speed are not symmetrical in Ireland (in most of the case for FTTH) .... (The max I ever managed was 1Gbps down and ONLY 100 mbps up)

I just can't understand how they are allowed to sale contract without let customers know the line characteristics, I mean the upload is pretty basic....

the only one I found so far (and you have to scroll down to find it) was in Blacknight, and yet the upload is ridiculous https://www.blacknight.com/broadband/for-home/

talking about Eir, they display the speed as "Mb" for the last few years, I tried to let them know at the time that this is wrong (the unit is missing)... but they never understood... I mean I was trying to get a static IP from them, NOBODY from sales or customers support understood what a static IP was.... or not to mention that when I was with digiweb and I had an issue with my FTTH, a manager from openEIR came to my house and was trying to connect with a EIR modem (while I was with digiweb) and was expecting to get an IP, I had to change the PPPoE setting for him so I can do his test...

anyway on an another topic, anyone is aware of a FTTH offer with at least 200Mbps symmetrical and a static IP? (and if possible with no router or any hardware) -- west cork / openeir network / I don't think SIRO is available here.

Comments

Advertisement