Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on keep number after going aboard

Options
  • 07-03-2023 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am currently with gomo right now and I have a plan to go to China for three month from June to the start of September (1/6–1/9), I want to still use the same number when I coming back from China but I would not want to pay €14.99 per month for three month which is just a waste of money. They have a roaming service in China which for mobile data €0.03 per MB and €29.99 per GB which is not worth it and there are charge for the calls separately which I think €2.99 per minute for both make and receive calls. And GoMo does not have a sim pause service which I can’t pause the service for 3 month, what is the better solution for me to keep the number?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

There is no other solution. If you want to keep the number you pay the line rental monthly charge

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Confirm your email address so you can post properly, then I'll move this to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Have you looked at the possibility of transferring the number to another provider that offers a pay as you go plan and then transfer it back after you return....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LinXi

Sry about this, I have confirmed the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LinXi

Thats what me and my friend thinks, I might move to another provider in May just to keep my number and move back to gomo when I come back, thats the only way I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you leave gomo and return later, they'll probably charge the activation fee.

You could switch to 48 which is 12.99 per month, that also has an activation fee but because it's PAYG you can skip a few months while keeping the number active.

If you just want to keep the number active for the time being (and figure out plans after returning), switch to Vodafone by ordering a new PAYG SIM & selecting KEEP MY NUMBER.

Advertisement