Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

It is a small caller about the length of your middle finder.
    It is called Fox Caller UK.
    Place between teeth and blow. Bite down little by little and the pitch will get higher and higher.
    Very handy to keep both hands on the gun but the caller gets in the way of the stock.

DSC00588.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

Just back in and got another vixen.
    60 yards, chest shot, 50 AE HP

DSC00590.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I saw loads of them today

I only got a couple of pics though :D
    attachment.php?attachmentid=149931&d=1298925868

I need a Good Nikon Camera!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=149930&d=1298925690

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭underthetumb

just a few pics from last day of season, sorry there is no deer in any.

Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.feb 2011 (4).JPG

These died of Shock!!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=150109&d=1299025644
    Not a mark on them!
    I said Booooooooooo and they just died

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Went out this evening for a bit of crow shooting and ended up hitting this fello after he shot across the field. hit him in the face with shotgun and he tumbled across the field in full flight right into a ditch:D

Alot of Grey and black on him, on the other side it was nearly 90% grey

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Believe it or not there's a new Beretta Xtrema2 in this picture

img0659p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

my new blaser "off road" in 30 06
    wearing a meopta 7x50
    reinforced to take a bipod
    and absolute cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭J.R.

Here's my Benelli Montrefeltro (left-handed) with a self-adhesive 'Camoclad Cammo Kit' on it in the hide.

23-03-08_1247.jpg

23-03-08_1248.jpg

23-03-08_1151.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

2rpwuo3.jpg

this is a picture i took of the german pointer in january.took the picture and then he put up a big cock pheasant

• Advertisement

Myself Dev110 and Paulo6.5 had a great day/night shooting!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=150714&d=1299469609

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

is that the p7 christened?

garv123 wrote: »
    is that the p7 christened?

Christened on a fox

It has taken many rabbits out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Monet.

He never saw it coming.......................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58832079@N06/5390680399/

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

The sound of Fox Call Uk was the last thing she heard...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭podge.243
    Paul Murphy

Nice luk'n fox there Zlezlius would rifle did ye shoot it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

podge.243 wrote: »
    Nice luk'n fox there Zlezlius would rifle did ye shoot it with?
    Rifle is Tikka T3 in .223 , my shooting mate took this shot from 170yards, I was calling, ranging and lamping at a time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

2drs703.jpg

is this the foot print of a fox ?the one on the right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭J.R.

I'd say it's a large dog.....print looks too big plus back pad looks very big for a fox.

coyote_dog_wolve_fox_prints.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

friend of mine who picked up his new remmy sps in 243 rang me last friday night to know would i go for a lamp with him. this lad that does a lot of coursing asked him could he try and shoot a couple of foxs on his land and this is what we got and it was even better the owner with us . since friday we have got 6 phone calls to know could we shoot there land too! i so wish my 223 tikka would hurry up im getting withdrawel symptoms . tools:u caller , remmy sps 243, light force 170 with lidl battery pack, and dunlop wellies !!!!:D

• Advertisement

Got this vixen this morning.

IMAG0008.jpg

rang the FO today and asked him did he get the substitution i sent in. he said yes and said go pick up the rifle and gave me a cover note . resssssult! i fairly enjoyed opening this box i felt like a child at christmas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

A year old last week and mad to hunt. Training is going better than expected. Couldnt be more happy with a dog.

The day I collected him 3 months old
    img1706n.th.jpg

One year old
    IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

got this vixen last night 6 cubs inside her

vixen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

This has been posted here before, but as a reminder. This is the hunting picture thread. If you do not like or agree with what is pictured here then do not view them.

There is to be no discussion on the morality/humanity of shooting/hunting in general as per charter rules.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Went out today for an hour or 2 with the pup ended up nailing 17 rabbits:D The pup demolished the ditches after them

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

another good night went to meet a farmer tonight who is big into coursing and not so big into foxs!! we were driving down his passage with him in the back and i decided to take a quick lamp on the field to the left of the car and there not ten feet from a small heard of hefers was this lad lying down . one 95 grain hornady sst from the buddys 243 straight in behind the ear and it was lights out, and one happy farmer. distance was roughly 80 yards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

Out Monday trying the ledray 700, got this vixen with a struggle! thought i f"*Ked it up with a misfire but she just crossed back over the river she came from and sat on the far bank! took the shot 100% of a kill next thing away at full speed for about 10 yards and dropped behind briars leaving a huge blood trail!! shot straight threw the chest and out behind the shoulder @ roughly 100 yards!151784.JPG

150~ Yards.

Not much bunnies around today even though the sun was Glorious:D

151826.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

Drove down to Cork last night to do a bit of fox control with Deeksofdoom.
    Deeks was on the lamp and i had the .223
    Got two foxes.
    Got the first one about an hour in to our route, head shot at about 80 - 100m.
    vixen1.jpg

Got the second one straight in the chest again at about 80 odd meters, there where two foxes in the field after i hit the first one i couldn't get on target to take the second one fast enough and it had gone..

dogfox.jpg

Moved on from there and tried an area we got a fox before and sure enough put the lamp on the far ditch and there was a pair of eyes looking back at us, i keeled against the ditch and took the shoot, didn't feel confident after the shot so walked down to check it out and no fox :mad:.

Saw another 3 foxes or so through out the night but they wouldn't come in to the call.

Anyway two foxes down, not so bad on a very bright night for lamping..

Advertisement