Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So What Car ya Got...56k Beware...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

thats offically the most sh1te car ever, jasus, imagine driving that :)
    Exactly what are you basing your judgement on? What qualifies you to judge me? Did you really expect all of the cars on Modded motors board to be HKS turbo'd Levins and have discussions about the benefits of water injected turbo cooling? My Cinq project was built on a budget of less than the cost of a stainless exhaust for a Skyline, I learned more about cars in two months than in ten years of driving Hondas and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. If the lists on the doors don't give a clue to how serious it is then you need to get out more ;)

Go somewhere else and be narrow-minded, and while you are at it, imagine driving a very fast Mini which doesn't break down all the time and you have an idea what my Cinq is like.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mine.... No changes made to it yet though, but I think a set of spotlights might be in order.
    Only problem is that the bumper is a solid piece - I thought initially that the piece directly under the headlight was a removeable cutout, so where to mount them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Mine.... No changes made to it yet though, but I think a set of spotlights might be in order.
    Only problem is that the bumper is a solid piece - I thought initially that the piece directly under the headlight was a removeable cutout, so where to mount them?

If your careful you could cut the inserts out with an angle grinder and then sand the last few mm so they fit snug?

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    ....spotlights, where to mount them?
    Your bumper is a moulded ABS panel and can easily be cut to shape with a hacksaw blade and trimmed with a Stanley knife. It is held on with a couple of bolts and some clips where it meets the arches - take it off, run the wiring (use a relay and separate fuse). Using a marker, draw the shape of hole you want to cut, drill a series of holes to start the blade and cut the shape out roughly, then finish with the stanley knife. Remember the bumper isn't strong enough to support large spots so you will need to consider making brackets or fitting small projector spots which can be bolted to the bumper. Measure twice, cut once...

Throw away the wheel trims while you are at it.... Hey, am I in the unmodified cars section by accident?

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Exactly what are you basing your judgement on? What qualifies you to judge me? Did you really expect all of the cars on Modded motors board to be HKS turbo'd Levins and have discussions about the benefits of water injected turbo cooling?

No, i'm just saying its looks like sh1te, where did i judge you? I judged the car, it looks like sh1te :)

• Advertisement

I judged the car, it looks like sh1te :)
    If you can't see any merit in my car then you are missing the point of a Modded Motors board. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but maybe the 'What car ya got' thread isn't the place for it? Why not head over to www.Barryboys.co.uk and share your thoughts with other aficionados of taste. **me sprays 'Troll-away' all around room**

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Your bumper is a moulded ABS panel and can easily be cut to shape with a hacksaw blade and trimmed with a Stanley knife. It is held on with a couple of bolts and some clips where it meets the arches - take it off, run the wiring (use a relay and separate fuse). Using a marker, draw the shape of hole you want to cut, drill a series of holes to start the blade and cut the shape out roughly, then finish with the stanley knife. Remember the bumper isn't strong enough to support large spots so you will need to consider making brackets or fitting small projector spots which can be bolted to the bumper. Measure twice, cut once...

Throw away the wheel trims while you are at it.... Hey, am I in the unmodified cars section by accident?

'c
    Next question.. know anyone who could do all this as I wouldnt trust myself not to make a mess of it! :)

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Next question.. know anyone who could do all this as I wouldnt trust myself not to make a mess of it! :)

Local bodyshop but god knows how much they might try n charge... :rolleyes:

Anywhere like maplin will have relays (about 4 quid) and a simple push-on push-off switch (about 2 euro) and a few metres of cable (about euro per metre)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

So People what cars have ye got/Mods done etc.......Also Post Some Pics if ya have some...
    Mine is a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T pistol grip with a 383 Magnum 6.2 litres engine 375BHP 2 ton rear wheel drive!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Lancer GSR 1.8 turbo
    Greddy turbo timer & boost gauge
    APexi panel filter.
    Clear lenses all round.
    PIAA spots
    NCT 10/07

Also for sale.

rightbackside.jpg
    front.jpg

RedRaven wrote:
    Mine is a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T pistol grip with a 383 Magnum 6.2 litres engine 375BHP 2 ton rear wheel drive!!;)
    Oh holy jeepers I'm in love!! Please tell me there is a sound clip or video where I can hear this running... Stick up more pics too!

'c

Oh holy jeepers I'm in love!! Please tell me there is a sound clip or video where I can hear this running... Stick up more pics too!

'c
    Ok,kool!!!

RedRaven wrote:
    Ok,kool!!!
    Yip, definitely in love - acid green, an acre of chrome, four tailpipes and what looks like a carbon wing on the boot. Is the interior standard - the headrests look like sports seats?

'c

Yip, definitely in love - acid green, an acre of chrome, four tailpipes and what looks like a carbon wing on the boot. Is the interior standard - the headrests look like sports seats?

'c
    Yep Sub lime green, its an original gull wing for challengers and the seats are original also, its pretty much stock apart from the G5 Clifford alarm with the GPS tracker in it!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

loving the urban vibe to the 3rd pic attached :D

superb car, excellent!

ciarsd wrote:
    loving the urban vibe to the 3rd pic attached :D

superb car, excellent!
    Thats the lead singer from the Detroit Cobras a band from the states outside the redbox about a year ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

13584_c.jpg

Lancer 1.3 96 loads of mods

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

13584_d.jpg

Its crazy how much money people pump into lancers to make them look like Evos :eek:

Still though... one mod people always forget is the drums at the back :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Lads, check out the skangermobile on CBG...a 99 Corsa...Im PMSL here at it, yer man is asking for 14k for it, surely he meant 1400 yo yos ....

Saddler this is'nt kindergarden. Smarten up or saddle up.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

JohnCleary wrote:

Still though... one mod people always forget is the drums at the back :rolleyes:

Tbh theres not much point going out and doing a whole rear axle conversion in some cases just to add discs to the car when its still a standard 1.3/1.4

I also prefare seeing drums instead of stuck on pink fake discs too,there a modifying crime!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

eireal wrote:
    Tbh theres not much point going out and doing a whole rear axle conversion in some cases just to add discs to the car when its still a standard 1.3/1.4

just curious but how much would that aprox cost?
    I also prefare seeing drums instead of stuck on pink fake discs too,there a modifying crime!

yea, that goes down as the number1 nono on my list

In all fairness Mike I expressed an opinion, just cos u didnt agree doesnt mean u shud step and administer some oublic wrist slap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Saddler wrote:
    In all fairness Mike I expressed an opinion, just cos u didnt agree doesnt mean u shud step and administer some oublic wrist slap.

In fairness saddler most of us car owners who mod our sh1t do it cos we like it and it gets us burds. Dont diss something u know nothing about! What jammer u got anyway?

Im actaully more of a classic car man myself, I have a 1982 Ford Cortina and Im in the process of restoring it to former glories :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Saddler wrote:
    Im actaully more of a classic car man myself, I have a 1982 Ford Cortina and Im in the process of restoring it to former glories :-)

id have to say i like almost all the classic cars and have to take my hat off to anyone that can do it . id love to own one myself someday pics ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

ando wrote:
    just curious but how much would that aprox cost?

I was quoted 800euro (which i thought was alot) for a rear disc conversion on my current civic.

If you picked the parts up from a doner vtec itd be alot cheaper but for my driving style its never appealed to me.

In saying that i have looked at uprated discs on the front which works out at 200 for a pair of ebc oem size grooved discs

elexes wrote:
    id have to say i like almost all the classic cars and have to take my hat off to anyone that can do it . id love to own one myself someday pics ?

Havent got any pics yet, bit of a perfectionist it has to be said, I want to make sure its worth looking at b4 I get it out into the public ! I was thinking of getting leopard skin seats for it and one of those "desert island" gearknobs, does anybody remember them? Class! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Fonda, your car is hot stuff!

Advertisement