Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Just wanna say about Doireann that she’s not doing the podcast as a solo project. She’s doing it for Today FM so the link to the national station probably helps her get guests (to what degree, I dunno). They seem to have a massive interest in her anyway and she’s probably set to be their next big star if she plays her cards right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I see Doireann being given a few chances, but it's all down to listeners, and if you're losing listeners, you're losing advertisers and thus costing the station money.
    Then you're out on your butt and trying to rebuild your career by popping up on Dancing with the Stars...as a contestant, not as a presenter. Lottie Ryan tried to do the presenting thing on the 'DwTS extra' crap-I think she didn't last.
    Mairead Farrell was one of those 'RTE bet big on this pony and it fell at the third hurdle'. She's as likable as charred toast.

Darren Kennedy was another one they bet big on, as was Eoghan McDermott. Jennifer McGuire or Zamperelli seems to be their 'hot' presenter. I'm not a fan of hers, but she's not Nicky Byrne or Lottie, so she's tolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I see Doireann being given a few chances, but it's all down to listeners, and if you're losing listeners, you're losing advertisers and thus costing the station money.
    Then you're out on your butt and trying to rebuild your career by popping up on Dancing with the Stars...as a contestant, not as a presenter. Lottie Ryan tried to do the presenting thing on the 'DwTS extra' crap-I think she didn't last.
    Mairead Farrell was one of those 'RTE bet big on this pony and it fell at the third hurdle'. She's as likable as charred toast.

Darren Kennedy was another one they bet big on, as was Eoghan McDermott. Jennifer McGuire or Zamperelli seems to be their 'hot' presenter. I'm not a fan of hers, but she's not Nicky Byrne or Lottie, so she's tolerable.

Totally agree, especially about Mairead Farrell, so full of herself. There's nobody in the world as attractive as she thinks she is.

When you put it like you've done there it really shows the knack they have for pushing the careers of people that the general public generally can't stand. The people who make these decisions must be completely unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

ligerdub wrote: »
    Totally agree, especially about Mairead Farrell, so full of herself. There's nobody in the world as attractive as she thinks she is.

When you put it like you've done there it really shows the knack they have for pushing the careers of people that the general public generally can't stand. The people who make these decisions must be completely unbearable.

I can't stand her-she's about as attractive as a shovel to the face. And an even more annoying voice.
    But back when she was Farrell (before taking on money bags last name-she didn't do that with her first husband) she was on The Panel, She had some book show that died on its @r$e and featured a number of 'I wanna be famous' people, her and Eoghan's the Movie Show was DOA-and cancelled after only a few episodes. She was shoved into Republic of Telly after The Panel got the chop. And then she did Celebrity Bainisteoir. Would pop up on The LAte Late Show around Eurovision or Eurosong...(Lawd knows why). She was a part of Ireland's fittest Family too, but since she was a part of a 'cast' on that show-she wasn't important. And now Dancing with the Stars...

They'll probably try and shove her into something else, but it won't click-she's not likable.
    It's why she's marketed as a 'personality' not a presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Big overhaul announced. Eoghan McDermott and Doireann Garrihy are taking over Breakfast. Jennifer Zamperelli on mid morning we already knew and Jenny Greene got drive time. Don't know what will happen to Bernard and Keith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

flazio wrote: »
    Big overhaul announced. Eoghan McDermott and Doireann Garrihy are taking over Breakfast. Jennifer Zamperelli on mid morning we already knew and Jenny Greene got drive time. Don't know what will happen to Bernard and Keith.

It took some doing, but they've managed to make it even more irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Bernard has stepped away to do more tv. Keith and Lottie are doing a weekend show

Just to correct myself, Keith Walsh is moving to the weekend hospice Lottie remains head of entertainment news and Bernard is "working on other projects" away from 2fm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Absolutely delighted for Jenny Greene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

flazio wrote:
    Just to correct myself, Keith Walsh is moving to the weekend hospice Lottie remains head of entertainment news and Bernard is "working on other projects" away from 2fm

Sounds like a demotion for Lottie, about time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It took some doing, but they've managed to make it even more irritating

RTÉ are really forcing Doireann Garrihy on their audience no offence to her.... but ... she hasn't worked out on anything, perhaps putting her with McDermot will help.

Changing the Breakfast show once again, is madness, How many shows have they had in that time slot since Dempsey left for Today FM.

It a major change and a major risk for the station IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I though Bernard was taking over the golden hour or has that gone.

Elmo wrote: »
    I though Bernard was taking over the golden hour or has that gone.

Larry is bringing that over with him on Gold I would have thought.
    Anyway here's an article on the changes
    https://radiotoday.ie/2019/05/doireann-garrihy-and-eoghan-mcdermott-to-host-breakfast-at-2fm/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭its_steve116

RTÉ are really forcing Doireann Garrihy on their audience no offence to her.... but ... she hasn't worked out on anything, perhaps putting her with McDermot will help.

Changing the Breakfast show once again, is madness, How many shows have they had in that time slot since Dempsey left for Today FM.

Breakfast Republic was their longest-running post-Dempsey breakfast show. It has been on air for five years.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

So Greene's show is going from 3 to 7, with the night schedule staying the same?

I wasn't a regular Breakfast Republic listener but it seemed alright, thought McDermott's show was fine the way it was, some light-hearted stuff and I was surprised at how good he is at the more serious stuff, the new breakfast show sounds like a lot of dumbed down crap.

Like the Newstalk reshuffle a few years ago, I'm scratching my head here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Once Eoghan doesn’t bring politics to breakfast radio he should be ok

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

MrMac84 wrote: »

Even if he wanted I doubt he'd be allowed, I seen he launched his own podcast recently, it makes sense now, reminds me of Chris and Ciara who were great fun at night, now they're a shadow of their former selves, seems that Healy likes knocking the edge off presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Joslyn Obedient Shot-putter

Thanks to Dempsey and sisters being in rte and a pr ‘guru’ she has a leg in the door but since she has a lot of insta ‘followers’ they think she’s hot stuff (I don’t think rte realize you can buy followers )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

MrMac84 wrote: »

Jasus your right there, He's hard to listen to when it comes to politics in the evening but in the morning times you just want some easy listening and music.

For Myself, I'll miss Keith in the morning and his banter.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Drivetime is tolerable on 2FM again for the first time since 2014. Wonderful stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Eoin Mc Dermott will make sure everyone finds something to insult them during the day. A generation of snowflakes blossoms....

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

marno21 wrote: »
    Drivetime is tolerable on 2FM again for the first time since 2014. Wonderful stuff

It's bad when you listen to Matt cooper over him lion the way home

Actually the radio turned off sounds better than that snowflake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Joslyn Obedient Shot-putter

it’s a kick in the teeth for anyone who wants a career as a radio dj. For all the lads and ladies who volunteer in community stations to get experience to working up to regional radio and then 2fm hand out a prime time spot to someone with little radio experience and who’s only qualification is having 180k Instagram followers and making painfully unfunny and repetitive videos. So the best way to becoming a radio dj now is to flog fake tan and discount codes on Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Where's Keith going or did they say?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Where's Keith going or did they say?

Weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Weekend.

Hopefully it's a decent slot.

As long as they keep Dave Fanning where he is, I don't mind.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

it’s a kick in the teeth for anyone who wants a career as a radio dj. For all the lads and ladies who volunteer in community stations to get experience to working up to regional radio and then 2fm hand out a prime time spot to someone with little radio experience and who’s only qualification is having 180k Instagram followers and making painfully unfunny and repetitive videos. So the best way to becoming a radio dj now is to flog fake tan and discount codes on Instagram.

Hmmmm this sounds familiar..... I think I seen it on Facebook earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Time to get rid of Dave Fanning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,480 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Lottie moving to Xpose as I think a Ryan is joining

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement