Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA discussion thread

Options
1324325326327328330»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

BloodyBill wrote: »
    I wouldn't be hard on O Donnell. Hes been one of our most consistent performers since 2013. The guy gets crap ball from outfield.

I can't see it myself, all this "unseen" work he does and all the ball he wins, I can't see it, he falls way too much and has a terrible scoring return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

big_drive wrote: »
    I’ve seen an ad online for Clare county council HQ advertising parking for Sunday. Would it be a good option?

about 10 to 15 minute walk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Council offices would probably be the best place to park, nice and close to both the ground and the motorway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

big_drive wrote: »
    I’ve seen an ad online for Clare county council HQ advertising parking for Sunday. Would it be a good option?

Ya it's a grand spot to park when visiting.. allows you to walk to either entrance gates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

Clare Champion editor Peter O'Connell said on Sunday in his twitter account that Donal and Gerry should have walked immediately after last Sunday's humiliating defeat at the hands of the Limerick men. However he has since deleted that tweet. Personally Peter should be disappointed with himself. While they have made mistakes and huge ones at that as management of the senior team, Donal and Gerry are two humble and gracious men who are done so much to develop some of the most outstanding talented players that this county has ever produced.

For a man of his position that he holds in Clare's most popular local newspaper, I think that O'Connell should never have send that inappropriate tweet last Sunday. I know that everyone is entitled to an opinion and all that. But Peter knew by sending this tweet that it would come with a huge backlash.

He always says stuff about the poor structures in Clare football and what needs to be done and to be fair I agree with what he says there. However it is my opinion that he is way too negative at times, with some of the stuff he comes out with in relation to hurling. The bitter dispute with himself and DF did not help in that regard though and I just felt at times that some of his articles got way too personal when attacking DF and the Clare team. While I'm no DF fan, I just thought that perhaps that Peter could have parked his personal vendettas aside and be more impartial when it comes to analysing the performances of the Clare team, when DF was in charge.

I wonder what other Clare posters on boards think about Peter O'Connell and the Clare Champion in general. Certainly I feel that Derrick Lynch has been a huge boost to improving standards in the paper and in particular with the Sports coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Feck it, sure he’s entitled to his opinion

The game against Limerick was a real low point for Clare hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I do find Peter O Connell quiet negative in general. However he should never have taken down his comments on the 2 managers. They should have left after the last game. It doesn't matter what they have done underage. My stomach is turning already in anticipation of the pre match interview. ' we are in great shape, have gone through the processes, the guys have put in a tremendous effort in training ect ect...pure and utter fortune 500 company spiel. Wheres the acceptance of responsibility for the 2 dire results? There has been none. They should carry the can

Feck it, sure he’s entitled to his opinion

The game against Limerick was a real low point for Clare hurling

He's entitled to his opinion but surely as the editor of the local paper he should keep some impartiality, his twitter account calls out his job and doesn't say that his tweets are private so he's posting as the sports editor of the local paper which demands a higher level of standards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Doesn't matter - the 3 sides of the ground that are terraced are all open.

i'm told this isn't true, that the covered terrace is separate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

i'm told this isn't true, that the covered terrace is separate

No you could walk around the whole terraced area for the Tipp game anyway. They did try to close off the gates between terraces about 5/10 mins before the senior game started alright.

• Advertisement

You can walk between them all, the fire steward would have a nightmare if they tried to gate off the far stand, although they might stop people getting in if it's too full.

If you have west tickets you can get into the ground next to the Garda station, East tickets are for next to Tesco, they won't let you in to the ground if you have the wrong tickets for the turnstiles. Oh yeah, to be safe and to save you sanity print off your tickets, the scanners have a habit of going offline which can cause delays if your relying on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement