Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭mattcullen

There are none.

Sound, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 carr_e

Just so people are informed before moving here, there is a serious access to water issue - as in you will experience rolling water shortages due to reduce water pressure (which means barely no water) or NO access to water. This is a periodic problem and has been happening throughout the seasons, especially during holidays or weekends. This problem hasn't been fixed and there is no end in sight. Beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Newone1

Looking at buying in HH, how bad is water supply ? How many times has there been no water supply ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 carr_e

Check out the petition page for information.

https://www.change.org/p/irish-prime-minister-we-want-reliable-access-to-water

I would suggest you also question the Real Estate Agent and Developers when looking at the homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

Hi Guys, I got a call from Sky today (who had offered to commission a broadband line on my behalf with Eir 6 months ago now). Sky called me back today and indicated that they would no longer be able to offer this service as Eir have supposedly ran in "new tech FTTH" lines and will not allow any other service provider (Sky or Vodafone) to access these lines.

I rang eircom today and they have advised that the estate is not yet cabled for FTTH nor is it showing up on their website using my eircode.

Is this the same message others have gotten?

8 months living here now and still no broadband :(

• Advertisement

How is water supply these days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭by the seaside

Newone1 wrote: »
    How is water supply these days ?

Surprisingly fine at the moment. Keep expecting problems but they don't appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Covey2017

Just an update to anyone considering buying in Barnageeragh Cove there are serious problems concerning water. There are regularly water shortages at the weekends. The lack of pressure is leading to problems with airlocks and ultimately no hot water at the weekends. There is no resolution in sight yet houses are still being built.
    Also, the malodour problem from the Water Treatment plant continues. At times in the summer it is so bad that windows facing the plant have to be kept closed.
    There is a lovely community but for the price we paid for the house it would be nice to have a constant supply of water!

Covey2017 wrote: »
    Just an update to anyone considering buying in Barnageeragh Cove there are serious problems concerning water. There are regularly water shortages at the weekends. The lack of pressure is leading to problems with airlocks and ultimately no hot water at the weekends. There is no resolution in sight yet houses are still being built.
    Also, the malodour problem from the Water Treatment plant continues. At times in the summer it is so bad that windows facing the plant have to be kept closed.
    There is a lovely community but for the price we paid for the house it would be nice to have a constant supply of water!

Agree entirely no water in some parts yesterday same tonight. Developer blames Irish Water and they blame developer. The houses should not have been sold knowing they couldn't supply proper water supply. Selling more houses without resolving the issue can only add to the problem. You can't use water in the mornings, evenings or weekends, the pressure is so low if you do have a supply.

Water situation is getting worse no water again today.
    Sale of houses should be stopped until issues sorted. The more houses sold the bigger the problem for residents.

• Advertisement

The water pressure issue is still going on here. We are now told to wash our hands more often to avoid catching the corona virus but difficult to do if you haven't enough water coming into your house particularly in Hamilton hill.
    The builder is ignoring the issue and continuing to build and sell new houses which just adds to the problem. Irish water say it may be an internal problem so builder should be looking into it.
    Lovely houses if only we had decent water supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 IndNo

Hi,

We are considering buying new build 2 bed apt. (Turnstone) at BC - just wondering if anyone could advise whether there has been any improvement in terms of the water supply and smell from the water treatment plant?

Additionally, if there are any residents here who have bought the 2 bed groud floor apt. At the Sanderling- how are you finding living there- layout, having neighbours living above etc.?

Many thanks in advance for any responses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

The estate was switched to the Balbriggan supply a few weeks ago, water pressure and supply is much improved. We don't worry about it anymore.

We'd rarely get a smell from the plant, mostly on warm summer nights, can't say I've smelled much of it this year.

Can't comment on the apartment living, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fundalk20

Do you think that switch is a permanent solution? We are also considering buying. Have the internet issues been resolved? As the estate matures a bit, what is it like to live in? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cameron326

Hi I just wondered if anyone knew if there'd been an improvement with the water pressure/broadband issues in this estate? Was looking at one of the 4 bedroom Lapwing houses which look quite/spacious and reasonably good value. But I notice they seem to come up for sale quite a lot - more then would be expected for a nice home in a seemingly good area? Anyone have any info - would be much appreciated.

Cameron326 wrote: »
    Hi I just wondered if anyone knew if there'd been an improvement with the water pressure/broadband issues in this estate? Was looking at one of the 4 bedroom Lapwing houses which look quite/spacious and reasonably good value. But I notice they seem to come up for sale quite a lot - more then would be expected for a nice home in a seemingly good area? Anyone have any info - would be much appreciated.

Hi ,Water pressure and broadband issues resolved in Hamilton Hill. We are now connected to Balbriggan water supply so pressure is great. Full 1 gig ftth broadband available also. I assume Lapwing is the same Re. Services.

Hi ,Water pressure and broadband issues resolved in Hamilton Hill. We are now connected to Balbriggan water supply so pressure is great. Full 1 gig ftth broadband available also. I assume Lapwing is the same Re. Services.

Thanks a mill. Is there much smell from the sewage works (as some previously commented on) or has that also been resolved? Are there any other problems at all in the estate or would you say its all good?

Thanks a mill. Is there much smell from the sewage works (as some previously commented on) or has that also been resolved? Are there any other problems at all in the estate or would you say its all good?

All good where we are anyway ðŸ‘

All good where we are anyway ðŸ‘

Thanks a mill

I haven't smelled it in a long while. Summer is the real test though, so it'll be interesting to see if the work they've done in the last year has paid off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭by the seaside

Coming to this late. Lapwing houses are nice and all have good views as well. Water pressure is sorted now except for the occasional planned maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 marcelomaxaqp

We're there any smell issues during this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Normajeanjones

Hi, just wondering if anyone is able to give any feedback on the newish 2 bed apartments at Sanderling?

Thanks

What kind of feedback?

The 2 beds on Sanderling are there 10 years? The next batch on that road will be built around Christmas I'd say. The latest ones are just being completed on Turnstone

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Normajeanjones

Thanks for the update, ILikeBoats.

Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on what the two beds are like for living in? Is the living room/dining/kitchen area spacious enough? How is it having the front door open into the living area? Is one parking space sufficient?

My budget doesn't stretch to the three beds in the area so considering the two beds and grateful for any insights anyone can give.

Sorry, I don't live in one so can't help

Happy to share anything about the estate/are though

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gille

We bought duplex there on Turnstone , but didnt finished yet , they says around january 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gille

Just wondering is there any fibre broadband with good and fast speed in that area? If yes , what is the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gashi

Hi all, Got a viewing in the new launch of BV Sanderlings. How good is the connectivity to city centre. I cannot walk for long given a condition.

Also, is it worth 405K -420K for a Duplex? Kindly help

• Advertisement
Advertisement