Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Causeway Group

Options
  • 14-08-2019 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anybody got any experience working for these guys they run The Greenway Manor Hotel The Sands and a few other places around. Just wanna know what they are like to work for??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

They own Greenway Manor Hotel and Sands Hotel Tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Work for them in what way? The venture capital group that control them have practically nothing to do with the day to day operations in terms of staff relations.

Specific managers you mean? They control a lot of the premises in town also such as factory and sinnots, the actual financing comes from the US.

The main guy overseeing things in Waterford is Sean Johnson. I'm not really sure how your question can be answered properly. All the places are fun by different management teams (almost) and given the type of industry you will hear everything from "their grand" to "don't ever work for that shower"

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Yeah ive heard alot of mixed reviews i know about all of what youve said there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Seems like you probably know as much as your going to other than actually working for one of the places for a while then!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Word of mouth is usually spot on about hotels. For example, Dooleys Hotel is supposed to be a shocking bad place to work, the Granville is supposed to be nice etc. Im afraid I don't know anything about the Greenway Manor but im sure someone here will know.

• Advertisement

Word of mouth is usually spot on about hotels. For example, Dooleys Hotel is supposed to be a shocking bad place to work, the Granville is supposed to be nice etc. Im afraid I don't know anything about the Greenway Manor but im sure someone here will know.

Id say it takes time though to get things up and running in a place like that, so theres gonna be teething problems in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

I find you can usually tell how good a place is to work in by the interaction of the staff amongst themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

alta stare wrote: »
    I find you can usually tell how good a place is to work in by the interaction of the staff amongst themselves.

True. or if you see a bit of banter between the bosses and the staff. I can sense right away when there is tension or a cnut of a boss in a place as the staff seem tense and the eyes are always on the ground and they are too scared to stop for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

True. or if you see a bit of banter between the bosses and the staff. I can sense right away when there is tension or a cnut of a boss in a place as the staff seem tense and the eyes are always on the ground and they are too scared to stop for a second.

We had an event in Dooleys lately and the staff couldn't have been nicer and seemed to be interacting with each other too. If it's a tough place to work it didn't come across that way and they have some long serving staff that I recognised from working on the Quay 15 years ago!

lassykk wrote: »
    We had an event in Dooleys lately and the staff couldn't have been nicer and seemed to be interacting with each other too. If it's a tough place to work it didn't come across that way and they have some long serving staff that I recognised from working on the Quay 15 years ago!

I think you'll find that some people don't have the option to just walk away from a job and in Hotels there are always changes in mid management and duty managers so if you stick around long enough you might have the last laugh with the colleagues you've built up good work relations with saying oh well there goes that fcker. On the other hand if you have owners that are hard to work for then that can also bond a team of workers its like well we are all in this together and we know each others pain, that can bond a team too. colleagues then have have empathy for hard working colleagues who they know are good at their job but are getting fcked out of it for no reason, that can bond teams. sounds mad but I've seen it happen many many times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Is this the crowd that was caught with Kinihan money? They seem to have a lot of money to throw at everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

2 "business" men seems to have turned tramore into a refugee centre at the expense of tourism in the town!

I know people that have worked in Hotels for years, Viking Hotel has a new manager, well new, a couple of years, cleared most of the staff out, she was known before hand from her previous hotel in town to be a very difficult person to work for, got rid of a load of staff and brought in her own family in Kitchen Bar Reception, before she started the staff were warned by people that were lets say in and out of both hotels the she was very hard to work for and that people would leave, she's cleared alot of staff out cant keep them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭nomoedoe

Word on the street is Pinks/Masons/Sinnots are all going to be turned into emergency accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Hungry Burger

I’ve dealt with the lady in question before, very odd fish. She runs that hotel like it’s a military operation.

Lady? I've never seen a Male GM clench his fists, use as much foul language, never mind female, 2 faced micro manager, mood swinger, aggressive, unapproachable, the list goes on, and that Hotel cant keep staff, and when the higher ups come to visit the scary thing is how nice and really well behaved that person is. confrontational towards guests, Worst experience ever so ive been told😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Character assassination in full awing..

Thats just my personal experience its not a lie, oh my mistake,my friends personal experience, as the man says, "Do the right thing"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,415 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...our very own fawlty towers, sounds like fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Gossip...my friend told me! Grow up.

oh yeah im makin it up of course. you are all knowing and all seeing.

I wouldnt recommend it🤣 and theres plenty others wouldnt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

And I’m the flip side. Always found her a pleasure to deal with. Causeway on the other hand……..

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Well that's a different kettle of fish then isn't it. you were lucky on that day😀 I could tell stories but there would be way too much legal issues around them 😀

Advertisement