Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The I need a job done around my House Thread

• 05-07-2019 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Loads of threads popping up for this recently.

Thought it might be helpful to have one thread which we can all refer to.

MODs if there is space can we sticky this?

Can anyone recommend a window cleaner, gutter cleaner and house cleaner in the Corbally area who will actually answer the phone or turn up.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Good idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Looking for someone who refurbishes berg carts. Also looking for a reliable person to clean house for a few hours every second week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cleaning Fairy

kilburn wrote: »
    Loads of threads popping up for this recently.

Thought it might be helpful to have one thread which we can all refer to.

MODs if there is space can we sticky this?

Can anyone recommend a window cleaner, gutter cleaner and house cleaner in the Corbally area who will actually answer the phone or turn up.......

Hi, I am an experienced cleaner who actually shows up and needs a job (or if I can't I will have the manners to let you know that it doesn't suit me).
    You can PM me here if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cleaning Fairy

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Looking for someone who refurbishes berg carts. Also looking for a reliable person to clean house for a few hours every second week.

Hi, unfortunately I don't know the first thng about refurbishing but I can take care of the cleanig part :)
    I am experienced and reliable. There are houses that I go to for more than two years now which reflects my good work and reliability. You can PM me and let me know if you are interested 🙂

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Make sure they are insured and registered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Who (or where) does a Cleaner register with ??????:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Who (or where) does a Cleaner register with ??????:rolleyes:

Revenue and an insurance company I’d imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Are you seriously suggesting that I, or the OP, should ask a potential house cleaner if they are registered with the Revenue for a couple of hours work per week ?

It's none of my business if they are or aren't. It's between them and the Revenue. I pay them and it's up to them to declare the income. Whether they do (or don't) is nothing to do with me......my only concern is that they do a decent job for the money I pay them. Nothing more, nothing less.

I didn't question your reference to Insurance so no need to reply there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The only register they’ll be in is the Live Register.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Leonita

Great idea for a sticky!
    Can anybody recommend an electrician to do a few small jobs in the Limerick area?  I've asked several who have said they will come back to me with prices or else never answer the phone.  Preferably somebody who charges reasonable rates. 
    TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Michael Holland , Parteen. Google him and you'll get his number.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

MOD NOTE:
    All
    As requested I stickied this. Please remember the rules on this etc.
    Try keep the discussions to a min please.
    Keep the phone numbers out of it. Anyone seeing self promoting will be demoted.

Put the recommendations on this thread, sending them via PM won't help others.

Good idea having it as a sticky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I'm looking to have the bathrooms in our house revamped. Would anyone know someone reliable who could manage the full project i.e. tiling, plumbing, etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

eljono wrote: »
    I'm looking to have the bathrooms in our house revamped. Would anyone know someone reliable who could manage the full project i.e. tiling, plumbing, etc?

Per la Casa out next to the gaelic grounds back of o maras not cheap but excellent work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

sioda wrote: »
    Per la Casa out next to the gaelic grounds back of o maras not cheap but excellent work.

Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Leonita

Berty wrote: »
    Michael Holland , Parteen. Google him and you'll get his number.
    Thanks Berty.  Will give him a call and see how I get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cynon

Anyone know anyone that cleans wooden blinds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Looking for someone who can recalibrate a satellite dish for a free to air/dodgy box for the parents! Currently down to just a handful of channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Looking for someone who can recalibrate a satellite dish for a free to air/dodgy box for the parents! Currently down to just a handful of channels.

Steveon that posts here always comes highly recommended

sioda wrote: »
    Steveon that posts here always comes highly recommended

Will highly recommend Steveon too. Need to get him out to my own house again actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

eljono wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip!

They did our bathroom last summer. Delighted with the results. They do it all and tbh I found them really competitive on price. They were also a pleasure to deal with throughout. There is only one downside. We arranged everything in (I think) March. Bathroom was fit in July because they are really busy.

They are busy because they're great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Anyone recommend someone to snag a new build house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Any recommendations for somebody that will service a boiler, preferably somebody that works for themselves. Have always used TP Gas but the guy they sent the last time tried to get my mother to replace parts that didn't need replacing so would rather deal with someone that works for themselves rather than a company that will send some lad that works for them.

Any recommendations for somebody that will service a boiler, preferably somebody that works for themselves. Have always used TP Gas but the guy they sent the last time tried to get my mother to replace parts that didn't need replacing so would rather deal with someone that works for themselves rather than a company that will send some lad that works for them.

Bluegas.ie. Nice guy, also had TP gas out to replace a meter, GNI chose them, they offered to service the boiler and nearly started taking parts out of the van before even seeing the boiler. Told them no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

For gas service and installation, can recommend Kieran Price & sons, decent guy, won't rip you off either, Google for contact details, registered, insured etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

I'm looking for someone to install a dishwasher and put in a few plug sockets. I had a number for one guy but he keeps fobbing me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭ciarano

Looking for RECI electrician reasonably priced to install a hob /check the connection that leads to cooker and hob (small job) Old Cork Rd area Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Any recommendations for companies for front doors? Preferably composite or passiv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Any recommendations for companies for front doors? Preferably composite or passiv

Replaced all my windows and doors with triple glazing recently by Walsh Windows off the Tipperary Road and am very happy with their work. They make them too rather than just measuring up and ordering in.

• Advertisement

Have a gravel driveway that either needs fixing(weeds taking it back) or replaced with cobblelock, printed concrete or something.

Anybody recommend a crowd that can provide a quote at least? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Berty wrote:

My neighbour used prestige driveways looks a tidy job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Joe Lawlor paved my drive and back a few years ago. Good work.

https://www.facebook.com/www.joelawlorgroundworks.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Looking for someone PSA registered to service my HKC alarm?
    The installer who originally put it in seems to have gone dark on me :(

Have the engineer code and probably need a sensor or 2 changed.

Any recommendations much appreciated.

Berty wrote: »

AA Kanios would always be my 1st port of call for landscaping and driveways.

Have had him do work for me that was both top quality, and competitively priced.

banie01 wrote:
    Looking for someone PSA registered to service my HKC alarm? The installer who originally put it in seems to have gone dark on me

I use Cliffords never had an issue

• Advertisement

kilburn wrote: »
    I use Cliffords never had an issue

Price is my usual issue with Clifford's but will give them a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I got a Composite door lately from a shop in Charleville but they cover a lot of limerick and fantastic to deal with plus very competitive on price.

http://www.southernwindowsanddoors.ie/

Get the Composite door they are a fantastic job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

banie01 wrote: »

T&K Alarms out in Eastway Business Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Quick question, are you given the engineer code when it's installed or do you need to ask for it and is it needed for the system to be serviced? My parents got one installed a few years back and it needs to serviced I'd say since it was done four years ago and it's currently showing up a fault on the box. I'd rather not bring the fella who installed back and didn't know if another company would touch it since they didn't install it.

AA Kanios would always be my 1st port of call for landscaping and driveways.

Have had him do work for me that was both top quality, and competitively priced.

Had him out weeks ago to price some jobs. His price was mental, he took weeks to turn up to price it and then days to price it. Clearly didn't want it you'd think so I'd never ever call him again let alone recommend him.

Shame, he came so highly recommended.

• Advertisement

Quick question, are you given the engineer code when it's installed or do you need to ask for it and is it needed for the system to be serviced? My parents got one installed a few years back and it needs to serviced I'd say since it was done four years ago and it's currently showing up a fault on the box. I'd rather not bring the fella who installed back and didn't know if another company would touch it since they didn't install it.

You should IMO be given it as a matter of course, but IMO you usually need to ask.

The T&K recommendation, usually my 1st port of call indeed they installed the current set up.
    I don't know what has changed out there in the last year or 2, but suffice it to say I'm not a fan of having to chase a company to offer them my money nor being left hanging waiting on appointments or call backs.

You know those concrete posts in a garden that hold wooded dividing panels? My garden has about 12 of them but the previous owner stopped short and are missing 4.

Does anybody have a recommendation of somebody to put these in?

garden-panel-fencing-close-board-panels-concrete-posts-leadham-roding-essex.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Berty,
    Check out Croom concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

Any recommendations for someone who can replace skirting boards in a few rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 charleshardin

Can anybody recommend a somebody or some firm in the Limerick area, tol wash windows and clean out and wash gutters?

I did have a recommendation for Glanog, used them last year and found them excellent, but when I tried contacting them last week, I got only an answering machine, and no call-back unfortunately.

Can anybody recommend a somebody or some firm in the Limerick area, tol wash windows and clean out and wash gutters?

Very hard to find someone for this at the minute a guy recommended on another thread in this forum never turned up so here's hoping we can get another

Thanks for that.

Hopefully, I will manage to find somebody and if I do, I will post the details here.

A few days ago, I saw a man ascending a ladder near my house, and rushed over to sign him up, only to discover (to his amusement) that he was installing a satellite dish.

My wife suggested I might have asked bim to have a go at gutters and windows anyway considering he had the ladders with him, but even I decided that I had made enough of a fool of myself for one day,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I did have a recommendation for Glanog, used them last year and found them excellent, but when I tried contacting them last week, I got only an answering machine, and no call-back unfortunately.
    We used Boss Cleaning Services last year. Everyone else seemed too busy to answer the phone and these guys answered email and everything.

Hi

Thanks very much for that information.

I will contact them immediately and really do appreciate your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I need a sparky to come and look at some sensor lights at my won gaf and the parents place, both close to each other. Not a standard light, 3 pir's and 3 lights on the one loop, they are stuck on in both locations and ive tried all the usual tricks. i think i need new PIR's

any suggestions ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement