Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (/pro) [WHYRED][China/Global] ***(Please read first post)***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

biebiebie wrote: »
    No hopefully shouldn't be.
    Once shipped you'll have it quick enough. Possibly Friday or Monday

No problems with shipments out of HK at the minute?

Contacted BangGood this morning and there seems to be a problem with the order. Awaiting email response. :(

Also, is there any VAT on these items? I thought there was, but the invoice does not define any.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Anyone get their hands on the 9t pro yet ?? Thinking of getting one the specs looks good compared to S10 galaxy anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

popsy09 wrote: »
    Anyone get their hands on the 9t pro yet ?? Thinking of getting one the specs looks good compared to S10 galaxy anyway

It has it's own thread here someone there may be better placed to let you know their thoughts on it

Contacted BangGood this morning and there seems to be a problem with the order. Awaiting email response. :(

Also, is there any VAT on these items? I thought there was, but the invoice does not define any.

Well turns out they couldn't deliver by my selected shipping method. They wanted to alter it to another type with the same cost. Didn't inform me of this and waited until I queried the lack of movement on the order.
    Not sure why they didn't just send it by the other method instead of wasting 2 weeks.
    Still not been shipped yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Has anyone been having random shutdown on note 5 on miui global 10.3.2. Just wondering if I need to get a new phone or is it software related

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

clancyoo7 wrote: »
    Has anyone been having random shutdown on note 5 on miui global 10.3.2. Just wondering if I need to get a new phone or is it software related

no, mine hasnt been - try doing a factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Have note 5. I want to shoot videos without sound.
    I have silenced all audio ,but still it records sound. Anyone know how to do this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Ordered the redmi note 8 pro on eBay taught it was coming from Holland but its coming from hong Kong the phone isn't the 'international version'

Will i have any problems using this in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

James__10 wrote: »
    Ordered the redmi note 8 pro on eBay taught it was coming from Holland but its coming from hong Kong the phone isn't the 'international version'

Will customs grab you for duties, vat etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Will customs grab you for duties, vat etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

I think band 20 is the important asset to this phone if it is the international version

2forjoy wrote: »
    I think band 20 is the important asset to this phone if it is the international version

What does this mean exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

What does this mean exactly?

I think Band 20 refers to what what frequency most networks use for 4g coverage in ireland

crasy dash wrote: »
    I think Band 20 refers to what what frequency most networks use for 4g coverage in ireland

So I won’t be able to browse the internet via my mobile data provider? The only way I’ll be able to use internet is via WiFi?

So I won’t be able to browse the internet via my mobile data provider? The only way I’ll be able to use internet is via WiFi?

No just possibly no 4g post a link to the phone you bought and we can find out what you ordered

crasy dash wrote: »
    No just possibly no 4g post a link to the phone you bought and we can find out what you ordered

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ie%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223701210600

Well according to the product detail provided in the link provided
    4G Network 2340 x 1080 850MHZ
    2340 x 1080 900MHZ
    2340 x 1080 1700MHZ
    2340 x 1080 1800MHZ
    2340 x 1080 2100MHZ
    2340 x 1080 2300MHZ
    2340 x 1080 2600MHZ
    2340 x 1080 700MHZ
    2340 x 1080 (B20) 800MHZ
    2340 x 1080 1900MHZ

All those frequency are supported so it should work fine on the networks here if your in doubt just message the seller and see what they say to what version of the note you ordered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Depends on the network. I have the Chinese version of the Note 8 Pro.

Cannot connect to 4G with Eir's network if your outside of Dublin. They use Band 20. You can get 4G on three or any network using 3's network. Other than that and no Google pay, no issues using in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi. What's best price for the Note 8 please & should it be reduced for Black Friday?

€162 here, is international the version that works fully here? https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-redmi-note-8-4gb-64gb-dual-sim-blue-international-ver-1.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-4nuBRCnARIsAHwyuPotCfKuJlIdMT1LOZJsu_qFcvZroUovrOeoWTYJVvQdBp6GnVEdY_QaAtJxEALw_wcB

Thanks,
    Pa

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi. What's best price for the Note 8 please & should it be reduced for Black Friday?

€162 here, is international the version that works fully here? https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-redmi-note-8-4gb-64gb-dual-sim-blue-international-ver-1.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-4nuBRCnARIsAHwyuPotCfKuJlIdMT1LOZJsu_qFcvZroUovrOeoWTYJVvQdBp6GnVEdY_QaAtJxEALw_wcB

Thanks,
    Pa

my lad got it from Banggood for 134 (and a bit extra for custom tarrifs, it gets sent from HK to the Netherlands and then to Ireland) but that was on sale 11/11 sale.

is eglobal OK is it , I thought some people isnt legit?

Looks like a good phone - 48mpixel camera with a dedicated macro lens down to 2cm 4g ram 64gb storage

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Hi folks. I'm thinking about upgrading my redmi note 5 to the redmi note 8 pro global version on honorbuy. Does anyone have it and have you any issues connecting to 4g on the 3 network? Thanks.

Out of the blue today - the LCD screen on my Redmi Note 5 seems to have developed a fault .

In about 20 seconds of waking up my phone now, slowly a transparent half of the screen gets covered !

I shut down the phone and restarted it and its still doing the same. That didnt last long , shall have to find the receipt. I bought it from local Three store last November/December.

I have took so much care of this phone because I really liked it, made sure I didnt abuse it or drop it and made sure I didnt get it wet and then this happens just a year old! :( - pretty pee'd off

I suppose if its still in warranty(just about if I am lucky) three will have to send it away to repair I bet. Damn it, I wonder how long I will be without it?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Hi dropped my redmi note 5 and screen is shattered is it possible to fix the screen based in mayo thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I just updated to mui 11. Mobile data does not work anymore. Few cases of same found online. Be aware

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I've been on 11 quite a while now, no issues.
    Try a clear cache from recovery.
    If that doesn't work then factory reset (first backup photos , WhatsApp messages, texts and call logs if you want to keep them)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

biebiebie wrote: »
    I've been on 11 quite a while now, no issues.
    Try a clear cache from recovery.
    If that doesn't work then factory reset (first backup photos , WhatsApp messages, texts and call logs if you want to keep them)

I got it working from reading other people's posts and the replies given. I had to add a new APN copying the Vodafone listed. It's slightly different than the current set up. I don't really understand it but it worked!
    Settings-Simcards and mobile network-sim card settings-access point names- new APN
    Happy days

Out of the blue today - the LCD screen on my Redmi Note 5 seems to have developed a fault .

In about 20 seconds of waking up my phone now, slowly a transparent half of the screen gets covered !

I shut down the phone and restarted it and its still doing the same. That didnt last long , shall have to find the receipt. I bought it from local Three store last November/December.

I have took so much care of this phone because I really liked it, made sure I didnt abuse it or drop it and made sure I didnt get it wet and then this happens just a year old! :( - pretty pee'd off

I suppose if its still in warranty(just about if I am lucky) three will have to send it away to repair I bet. Damn it, I wonder how long I will be without it?

my phone has been sent to FonFix up in Dublin by Three under warranty. Was left in wednesday last week - no news yet about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

my phone has been sent to FonFix up in Dublin by Three under warranty. Was left in wednesday last week - no news yet about it

They are notoriuously slow, and won't deal directly with the owner, you'll probably have to go though three for updates.

you might be able to find details on their website if you know the IMEI of the phone, the repair number etc.

https://www.fonfix.com/pages/repair-status-search

Advertisement