Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom - Feedback ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Are they really that bad? Their fibre + phone price is tempting, its cheaper than anywhere else I've found.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm thinking of changing to them, from Vodafone siro.

MarkR wrote: »
    I'm thinking of changing to them, from Vodafone siro.
    I'm struggling to find any genuine review on them tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

Are they really that bad? Their fibre + phone price is tempting, its cheaper than anywhere else I've found.

I'm with them for fibre and phone for the last 6 months. No issues whatsoever.

I'm with them for fibre and phone for the last 6 months. No issues whatsoever.
    Whereabouts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

Whereabouts?

Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm a genuine review, Cork, SIRO. No issues. And they use BT backhaul which never seems to get clogged. Could be because all the neighbours have it through sky or VF.
    I could hit 2-3Tb a month and no issues. Bill is on time and its correct.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I'm a genuine review, Cork, SIRO. No issues. And they use BT backhaul which never seems to get clogged. Could be because all the neighbours have it through sky or VF.
    I could hit 2-3Tb a month and no issues. Bill is on time and its correct.
    I'm in Cork aswell so thats good to hear

I'm in Cork aswell so thats good to hear
    Anytime I test my pc which is wired to router, it's hitting the +900 speeds.you could try Nova too, think they also sell the BT backhaul siro product.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are pure using fritzbox routers only now or are they still sending out f2000 ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

vicwatson wrote: »
    Are pure using fritzbox routers only now or are they still sending out f2000 ones?

fritzbox for me on SIRO with Pure

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Waesfjord wrote: »
    fritzbox for me on SIRO with Pure

Same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Don Imac2

vicwatson wrote: »

I have just received a Fritz!box for tomorrows installation (not for SIRO).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 raymikemc

I've been with Pure Telecom now for about 8 months. To start with the positives, they're very customer focussed and go out of their way to fix problems, you will always get through to their technical support within 5/10 minutes. They are cheapest with the minimum contract duration in the market at 40 euro a month currently, maybe with one or two others. This is much better than Eir who I spent 3 days with on the phone to cancel my contract before the 14 days cooling off period finished once the fibre landed to the house. Also, the Fritzbox has a very handy user interface with my mesh system in the house to check connections and Pure Telecom can do remote system reboots to ensure the problem is a network problem.

Saying that I've had two problems. Initially, I had to replace all my hardware to prove that Pure's Network (Old BT Network) was the issue or risk paying the call out charge for Open Eir staff. Open Eir staff replaced the ONT box, Pure provided replacement Fritzbox and then checking all the cables/equipment myself that they are all Gigabit enabled. Finally, once Pure Telecom knew it was a network issue, my speed suddenly jumped from ~100 Mbps to ~700/800 Mbps. After another month of endless speed checks, I accepted this speed as I was worn out. This is despite the test kit for OpenEir proving that the Eir network could receive ~ 950 Mbps(Eir - Different network backhaul).

Roll on about 5/6 months, in the last few weeks, the speeds have dropped again to 400/500 Mbps and I've had to lodge a complaint demanding the speeds are restored to contracted normal speed of 900 Mbps or above. I am not convinced this will happen and stay above 900 Mbps.

I have only heard good things about the Eir network despite the complaints of their awful customer care team and 24 month contract so I think I will be heading back to Eir very shortly...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Genuine review

Vodafone SIRO contract was ending and they had no interest in renewing deal. PURE was the best I could get at €35 500mb/all day calls (Sky was off peak only). New Fritzbox! router posted out to me and arrived when they said it would. Basically plugged it in an away we went. Customer service have been easy to contact and quick to answer/respond. Lots of Dubs who seem to be able to get things done as opposed to a call centre on the other side of the world. Very happy with service so far and the Fritzbox! is a far better router than the Vodafone one (range /speeds / abilities). Limerick citaay !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

We signed up with Pure for the same reasons as yourself, Vodafone coming to an end and couldn’t match the price from Pure. Router arrived and have agreed for them to move us over tomorrow.

What exactly happens when they take over the line? Is it like when you port a mobile number and the Vodafone Gigabox will go down and you just replace it with the Fritzbox?

My contract was ending with pure and their retention offer was really bad, you'd be better off paying monthly out of contract.

Surprised VF didn't do a decent retention offer.

Did you have to give 30days notice?

Yes basically. I left the Vodafone gigabox installed until it stopped working /was cut off /account transferred !. I then just swapped it with the PURE fritzbox and away we went. I'm not sure if you can plug it in prior to VF switching off .

As for renewal with PURE , I'll wait till next year and rate the 12mths of service and then see what offers are about.

It’s in my wife’s name so she dealt with them on the phone. Not sure what they offered but I mentioned to her we could get it from other providers for €35 and she said they wouldn’t match that.

I got in contact with them on Twitter DM (just to have it it writing) about the notice period and unless something was misunderstood they said no and they’ll be in contact after the contract/we’re moved to the new provider to arrange sending the Gigabox back.

Surprised at VF. You'll be moving again next year when you hear Pures retention rate.

On VF box, hand it into a VF store as I got asked for the box a year later

• Advertisement

After being with Virgin/UPC for years and getting the yearly price increase and then looking for a discount, I’m happy to move suppliers every year, like I change electricity/gas to get the best deal. We’re lucky where we are and can get Siro or Eir FTTH so we’re spoiled for choice.

Thats good advice to hand the box back into a store. I think I’ll do that rather than wait for them to contact me to arrange a collection.

same VF just said to drop box back at VF store. They scan it into the system so you don't even need account number etc.

As for notice period I called about 26 days before the 12 month deal/contract was ending ....They had no problem with terminating at the end of the 12 month contract and were not sticky on the 30 days notice. Unlike some providers I could mention. I tend to avoid Sky after the experience I've had of trying to end contracts with them.

I haven’t been impressed with my move to Pure so far.

I ordered over the phone in October for changeover on 4th November as my Vodafone contract was finished then. IIRC I contacted them on the 2nd November to enquire about the router as I still hadn’t received it. They said they’d send one out and in fairness it arrived the next day.

On the 4th the changeover never happened so I contacted their customer care that evening. Apparently they where missing the last two digits of the UAN so I gave them the full UAN and after asking when the switch would happen I was told 24 hours.

The next week I received two texts saying my service would go live on dates at the end of the month. I gave them a call on Monday gone asking is there a reason it’s not going live until the end of the month an could they push it forward and was told they’d push it forward to the next day, but because it’s SIRO it can take 3 working days to switch over, which day 3 is tomorrow.

If it’s not switched over by tomorrow I think I’ll just cancel the service and move to someone else.

In fairness the customer care have been very helpful and always quick to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

I am with Pure FTTH via IFN eir network, my backhaul is via BT which seems fine most of the time as regards bandwith availability

However; ping times aren't that great, 9-12ms which seem a bit high for a fibre connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

Their PPP servers have been up and down every few seconds here in letterkenny for the past 4+ hours, theirs have been better than vodafones which went fully down for hours regularly.

no ppp = no login = no internet.

I've never had to call their customer service, I did email them when they were slow to activate my switchover and the reply was well informed and not just a copy paste answer.

I'm out of contract with them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

Signed up to Pure. Within 14 day window to cancel. Sent an f2000 box. Ive heard bad things vs fritzbox. I need good wifi so considering ringing to change it. My sign up only starts in Feb officially as waiting on current contract to end. Thanks for any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Re Fritzbox I am using the Fritzbox 7560 for a number of years with no trouble but I am with a company called Digiweb.

As regards Pure Telecom a family member has had a landline with them for several years but is now going abroad for 6 months .

He tried suspending his line for this time but, they refused, they would only accept cancellation in which case he will loose his number which he has had 30 years . So if he wishes to keep his number he must pay rental for the 6 months his house is vacant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭dam099

If out of contract with Pure they could port their number out to a VOIP provider which would possibly be a lot cheaper that that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I'm with Pure since last June and to be honest my speeds haven't been great since I switched. I originally signed up on for fibre to the home for 35 a month but the eir engineers couldn't install it at the house so I reverted to standard fibre broadband for the same price.

I had also informed them that I was going to moving within in the contract period to a new house that would have fibre to the home already setup and they said I could just switch over and continue my contract. I've now been told that whether I opt to change to fibre to the home or standard fibre broadband, I have to enter into a new 18 month contract as I'm moving and I also emre to pay 35 a month for 6 months and then 50 a month for 12 months.

What a load of crap. It would cost €150 to break the contract too....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Advertisement