Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Equalizer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"How do we convincingly have her take out a house full of bad guys?" "Off camera"

CastorTroy wrote: »
    "How do we convincingly have her take out a house full of bad guys?" "Off camera"

more big-ass than bad-ass.

bod-positive or whatever it looks more than faintly ridiculous in an action star role.

there are deliberately no shots from the rear and she seems to be mostly always wearing a long baggy jumper or a trenchcoat.

at least with the old action guys like Neeson or Willis they look like they could actually break into a sprint if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Like others have said, it was weak and the casting of Queen Latifah for the part doesn't help at all. Adam Goldberg seems to be playing a carbon copy of the character he played in the Taken series, might explain why he seemed to be bored in some of the scenes - at least he seemed bored at times, might have just been me projecting my own boredom :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Might have worked if Queen Latifah's character had been more of a Mycroft Holmes figure. Calling in favours, using contacts and only stepping from the shadows when it suited her to let the bad guys know who they were dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Like others have said, it was weak and the casting of Queen Latifah for the part doesn't help at all. Adam Goldberg seems to be playing a carbon copy of the character he played in the Taken series, might explain why he seemed to be bored in some of the scenes - at least he seemed bored at times, might have just been me projecting my own boredom :pac:
    Pretty much how I felt as well. It's just another bland show, with absurd super evil baddies and a script that looked more a collection of conveniences. As they say I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

This will show up on TV3 or ITV2 in a few months .It's the sott of trash that they seem to always buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Queen Latifah as the Equaliser??? c'mon that's sacrilege

why not just give it a different name ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

yabadabado wrote: »
    This will show up on TV3 or ITV2 in a few months .It's the sott of trash that they seem to always buy.

RTE2 double episodes in the middle of the night, probably out of sequence

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Whoever came up with the idea should be put in a wicker man.

Reference to the film starring Edward Woodward, the original Equaliser

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

branie2 wrote: »

Reference to the film starring Edward Woodward, the original Equaliser

Watched it recently. Enjoyable, with a nice bit of nudity thrown in for good measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

branie2 wrote: »

how-nicolas-cage-are-you-2-27074-1441137003-5_dblbig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

No, no, no - not that abomination one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

fritzelly wrote: »
    No, no, no - not that abomination one
    It's a classic :pac:
    OH, NO, NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAHHHHH! OH, THEY'RE IN MY EYES! MY EYES! AAAAHHHHH! AAAAAGGHHH!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Back on topic guys. I was expecting to hate this based on what I read here during the week, but it clicked with me. It was good fun and I want to watch more.

I like Adam Goldberg too (even though he seems to play the same kind of character in everything) :)

But he doesn't have any dehydrated fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well I gave the second episode a go and really is just a bad generic show just as the pilot showed it to be.

At least she murders people and not just wounds them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Effects wrote: »
    how-nicolas-cage-are-you-2-27074-1441137003-5_dblbig.jpg

That ain't the real Wicker Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

This isnt the real Equalizer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It's alright, not the worst thing on telly but didn't really grab me at all, very meh. But I'll take actual drama over scripted reality/baking/sewing/modelling/singing contests every day of the week.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

So is this whole show gonna be white people bad, black/ethnic people persecuted

As for shooting the lighter out of someone's hand :rolleyes:

So why did she bring the hacker with her when she knew how to access the wires and the process after connecting seemed to be automated?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Utterly idiotic trans posts deleted. Jesus Christ....

I watched the second episode just make sure that it was terrible.

It is but there probably have been worse tv shows.

But that doesn't make it good.

BLM/white people are bad theme is very strong in this show - on top of the ridiculousness of everything else

Had enough after 4 episodes

fritzelly wrote: »
    BLM/white people are bad theme is very strong in this show - on top of the ridiculousness of everything else

Had enough after 4 episodes

watching this so far for the laugh / overt wokeness bingo spotting / big-ass badass laugh-along

I'll see your BLM and raise you!

this was up on the wall in the apartment of the dead victim guy in the current episode.

like ffs

5yPJ8LP.png

I know - sort of show that should be on BET or something the way its pushing the black agenda

Be surprised if it gets renewed - lost over half the viewers after the first episode and keep declining

Episode four was easily the worst yet with pantomime villain replete with horrible 80's clobber

Excited for where this can go next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Im guessing a re-watch of Person Of Interest would be more entertaining?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement