Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rocket1983

Just wondering does anyone have any idea when training supposed start...passed my medical on Dec 17th but still no word back. My references haven't been checked either. I hope its something to do with lockdown and I'm still in the running. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Rocket1983 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone have any idea when training supposed start...passed my medical on Dec 17th but still no word back. My references haven't been checked either. I hope its something to do with lockdown and I'm still in the running. :)

It's just lockdown... Recruitment is on hold

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Just to let people who may be thinking of applying with a car licence know you can do both the theory test and the cpc case study online now just check to make sure your computer is compatible and it can't be on a phone or tablet unfortunately only a pc or laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

GT89 wrote: »
    Just to let people who may be thinking of applying with a car licence know you can do both the theory test and the cpc case study online now just check to make sure your computer is compatible and it can't be on a phone or tablet unfortunately only a pc or laptop.

Yes for bus and truck.

It's crazy they cancelled all the appointments including bike and car....

Wife is waiting over a year now to get a place, had it booked, cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 James901

Hi everyone, does anyone know the turnaround time from application to getting a reply, I applied in November 2020 and have not heard anything since, I meet all of the minimum criteria outlined in the application. B licence applicant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Orlando2019

James901 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, does anyone know the turnaround time from application to getting a reply, I applied in November 2020 and have not heard anything since, I meet all of the minimum criteria outlined in the application. B licence applicant

1st question is did you receive an automated confirmation email from Dublin Bus when you sent your application via email?

2nd Have you double checked your application to make sure the details are filled in correctly and you have a valid learner permit and Case study sheet ?

1st question is did you receive an automated confirmation email from Dublin Bus when you sent your application via email?

2nd Have you double checked your application to make sure the details are filled in correctly and you have a valid learner permit and Case study sheet ?

Yes I received the automated reply to say they would be in touch. I’ve rechecked the application and all is in order, my cpc case study is in date and so is my learner permit, I also have the B licence over 2 years

Yes I received the automated reply to say they would be in touch. I’ve rechecked the application and all is in order, my cpc case study is in date and so is my learner permit, I also have the B licence over 2 years

Well then they'll be in touch. The whole process can last between 6 months to 2 years before you start.

Well then they'll be in touch. The whole process can last between 6 months to 2 years before you start.

Seems a bit strange that they’d extend the deadline to December 2021 yet not even get in touch with valid applications that were sent nearly 3 months ago. Thanks for your advice.

Seems a bit strange that they’d extend the deadline to December 2021 yet not even get in touch with valid applications that were sent nearly 3 months ago. Thanks for your advice.

Personally I got my response within a month and most people I know that done their test wouldn't have waited that long.

Could it be possible that your application had gone overlooked?

What do you think of resubmitting it ?, or even giving HR a call ?

I cant think of any other options..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 CloneeBohs

It was 5 weeks before I heard anything back I think from my initial application.
    A lad I work with applied in November and hasn't heard back yet either.
    I started the process in July I think and I've a medical today only.
    Be patient I know it's hard

Medical today says to allow 2/3 hours for it, anyone remember how long theirs took?

CloneeBohs wrote: »
    Medical today says to allow 2/3 hours for it, anyone remember how long theirs took?

once it starts it'll be over in under 1 hour

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Drink some water before your examination as you will need to provide a urine sample;)

Clean bill of health, have to say they were sound in there too.
    You'd miss the place if you walked past it.

BMI,
    Urine,
    Hearing,
    Eyesight,
    Bloods,
    Questionnaire.

Said I was fit for the job and they will let HR know.

Waiting game now I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Clean bill of health, have to say they were sound in there too.
    You'd miss the place if you walked past it.

BMI,
    Urine,
    Hearing,
    Eyesight,
    Bloods,
    Questionnaire.

Said I was fit for the job and they will let HR know.

Waiting game now I suppose

All Sounds Good,Well Done.
    The Hard Work Is Over.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Darrenv25

Morning folks,

Had my online assessment in January and passed that had to upload my documents by 1st of Feb and then il get an invite to a driving assessment and interview, I haven't heard back yet regarding this should I have heard from them by now or is this a slow proces.

Thanks

Darrenv25 wrote: »
    Morning folks,

Had my online assessment in January and passed that had to upload my documents by 1st of Feb and then il get an invite to a driving assessment and interview, I haven't heard back yet regarding this should I have heard from them by now or is this a slow proces.

Thanks

Covid has slowed everything right down....

Near every question on here, just have to wait.

References rang this morning...
    Anyone know when they will get in touch with me?

Just rang me...said they will let me know when a place in the school opens up for B drivers.

Delighted, thanks again for everyone's help on here

• Advertisement

Just got phonecall ive been waiting for. I was offered the employment and will get bk to me ASAP with start date.. :). Just in case people are waiting long time for the application process I first did my aptitude test in Feb 2020 and only been offered job today so 12 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Yeah once they ring your refrences they usually get back to you within a few hours.

Just rang me...said they will let me know when a place in the school opens up for B drivers.

Delighted, thanks again for everyone's help on here

Congrats and best of luck with training

Is there any advantage at all of applying for the job with a d licence? I'm thinking if recruitment is taking so long of going ahead and getting the licence on my own accord.

Is there any advantage at all of applying for the job with a d licence? I'm thinking if recruitment is taking so long of going ahead and getting the licence on my own accord.

Honestly save yourself the money, they prefer to get you before you pick up bad habits and the training is rigorous.

Not many others around the world offer the type of training you will get.

Honestly save yourself the money, they prefer to get you before you pick up bad habits and the training is rigorous.

Not many others around the world offer the type of training you will get.

I'm glad the training is top notch. 3 weeks seems like a short space of time to learn to drive a bus so I'm guessing the training is very intense other countries such as Germany I believe offer bus driving as a apprenticeship and it takes upwards of one year I think some operators over there train drivers on both buses and trams.

The other thing is the driving assessment is in an automatic and I have never driven an automatic before as are all DBs fleet afaik.

I'm glad the training is top notch. 3 weeks seems like a short space of time to learn to drive a bus so I'm guessing the training is very intense other countries such as Germany I believe offer bus driving as a apprenticeship and it takes upwards of one year I think some operators over there train drivers on both buses and trams.

The other thing is the driving assessment is in an automatic and I have never driven an automatic before as are all DBs fleet afaik.

First of all, an automatic bus is different to an automatic car :pac:

Second of all, over the three weeks your daily average is 3 hours of driving, so over 15 days that's 45 hours at roughly €75 an hour so you're saving the guts of 3 grand by letting DB out you through it. Most people pay €150 for a two hour slot once a week with the likes of Colliers or Airport Driving School, so you're packing much more in in a smaller time frame.

First of all, an automatic bus is different to an automatic car :pac:

I know but the driving assessment is in an automatic car isn't it
    Second of all, over the three weeks your daily average is 3 hours of driving, so over 15 days that's 45 hours at roughly €75 an hour so you're saving the guts of 3 grand by letting DB out you through it. Most people pay €150 for a two hour slot once a week with the likes of Colliers or Airport Driving School, so you're packing much more in in a smaller time frame.

I was more thinking the application process would be quicker for someone with a d licence than someone without it. If that is the case and it was quicker then you'd likely have made back the money you paid for the lessons within about the first 3-4 weeks of starting with DB.

I know but the driving assessment is in an automatic car isn't it

I was more thinking the application process would be quicker for someone with a d licence than someone without it. If that is the case and it was quicker then you'd likely have made back the money you paid for the lessons within about the first 3-4 weeks of starting with DB.

Application time is the same unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Did anyone get the call for Monday start?

Advertisement