Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeVar Presents: The Very 1st TV Walrus REVEAL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Joined in 4th with 11 points each are
    cee_jay
    and
    ShaneU

Mork & Mindy

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077053/
    IMDB wrote:
    A wacky alien comes to Earth to study its residents and the life of the human woman he boards with is never the same.

9Kg6toll.jpg

Have I Seen It Before: Yes
    Episode 1 Rating: 8
    Episode 2 Rating: 8.2
    Episode 3 Rating: 8.6
    Aggregated Approval Rating: 82.6%

Episode 1: "Pilot"
    One of my childhood favourites (via repeats, I ain't that old), and was a big fan of Robin Williams' career in general, so always fun to revisit Mork & Mindy. It's a fun pilot, but I do think it gets bogged down a bit just by having to shoehorn in the Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley connection. As much as I enjoyed the Henry Wrinkler and Penny Marshall scenes, it throws off the pacing, since those shows were set in the 50s/60s and Mork & Mindy is set in the 70s, their appearance is through flashback to the last time Mork was on Earth, which means Mindy is sidelined for a big chunk of the episode. If the episode had just focused on Mork and Mindy and left all the other stuff for another time, it would've worked a lot better. Still enjoyable, just a bit disjointed.

Episode 2: "Mork Moves In"
    All the stuff with Mork and Mindy was good fun, and it was a slightly better episode than the pilot was. I'm not crazy about Mindy's Dad and Grandmother, and the scenes with just the two of them at the music shop are by far the weakest part of the show. It almost feels like the producers were worried about Robin Williams and Pam Dawber being able to hold a show on their own as it was very early in their careers, so they threw in some more seasoned actors to balance things out, but they're not funny and take away from the Mork and Mindy antics.

Episode 3: "Mork Runs Away"
    There was a really nice story in this episode, had a real sweetness to it, and shut up, I'm not crying, just a bit of dust happened to fly into my eye during the emotional crux of the episode. Mindy's Dad and Grandmother are still the weak links in the show and just not a big fan of them, thankfully they had slightly less involvement in this one. This episode is the first appearance as Exidor in a recurring capacity, and is a character I remember being a big part of the show when I was a kid, so that elevated the episode for me slightly as well.

Final Thoughts:
    Enjoyed revisiting this, was a favourite of mine when I was younger so my expectations were probably quite high, and while it doesn't feel like it's quite firing on all cylinders yet, it was a fun trip down memory lane and I will be watching more.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I never knew Face was recast, now that is a plan that worked, came together :p I actually enjoyed the film too

Which means, due to the duplicates, we're already at the Top 3 and Bottom 3 stage of the round with 8 people still awaiting their fates... and if you've been keeping an eye on the scoring you'll know that 5 of those people make up that Bottom 3...

Sweating it out...

(in alphabetical order)

aaronjennings
    Alfred Borden
    Davis Wrong Tweed
    Irish Aris
    JohnGreenFan
    Kolido
    Necro
    the purple tin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I can't see myself doing well here. Went for a show I used to watch with my Dad :D

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Also joined in 8th and getting 5 points a piece are
    aaronjenning
    and
    JohnGreenFan
    and
    Kolido

Knight Rider

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083437/
    IMDB wrote:
    A lone crimefighter battles the forces of evil with the help of a virtually indestructible and artificially intelligent supercar.

eKfTSSol.jpg

Have I Seen It Before: No
    Episode 1 Rating: 9.1
    Episode 2 Rating: 5.3
    Episode 3 Rating: 8.2
    Aggregated Approval Rating: 75.3%

Episode 1: "Knight of the Phoenix"
    The episode opens on a cover of Proud Mary, which isn't as offensive as Creedance Clearwater Revival performing it themselves, but it's not a great sign… talk about starting off on the backfoot. Luckily it was all uphill from that point, and growing up watching Baywatch and Boy Meets World I was going into this already being a fan of David Hasselhoff and Williams Daniels, and I liked their dynamic. Even as the disembodied voice of a sentient car, Daniels oozes charisma, and The Hoff is a legend regardless of how mediocre his acting abilities might be. I've been meaning for years to finally check this show out, but for whatever reason kept putting it on the long finger, so it was good to finally get the kick needed to give it a go. Solid pilot, sets up the series really well, hopefully it can keep up that quality.

Episode 2: "Deadly Maneuvers"
    So KITT, you know the whole unique selling point of the show, doesn't get to do any cool sh*t until the final few minutes, and even then its not even the coolest of cool sh*t, so that was quite disappointing. The case of the week was also fairly mediocre and at best the episode could be described as "fine", which is unfortunate since the pilot was so strong.

Episode 3: "Good Day at White Rock"
    This was a lot more fun, and almost back on form again, although I do think KITT isn't being used to its full potential, which is still a bit disappointing. This was a good showcase for Hasselhoff though and portrays Michael Knight as somewhat less serious than the first two episodes did ; a bit of levity from the main characters in a show like this is always welcome.

Final Thoughts:
    A less than mediocre second episode drags the show down, but overall it was decent enough and I'll probably keep watching more. Given the amount of people who nominated this (it will also make appearance in another round, with these exact same notes copied and pasted over), my expectations were quite high and it didn't quite hit them, but it certainly wasn't a disaster and I liked it, just didn't quite manage to hold up against the competition.

There's no way I've done worse than Knight Rider...

There's no way I've done worse than Knight Rider...

You sure about that? ;)

In 3rd with 12 points is
    Alfred Borden

Wonder Woman

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074074/
    IMDB wrote:
    The adventures of the greatest of the female superheroes.

weBTt2fl.jpg

Episode 1 Rating: 8.6
    Episode 2 Rating: 8.3
    Episode 3 Rating: 9.3
    Aggregated Approval Rating: 87.3%

Episode 1: "The New Original Wonder Woman"
    A very campy and fun show, has a very B-Movie vibe to it with some dodgy and dated looking special effects and some iffy acting in parts, but I'm a big fan of B-Movies so that works in its favour for me, even though I doubt that was the intention when it was made. Lynda Carter is very enjoyable in the lead role, and although he was laid up in hospital or unconcious for the majority of the episode, I thought Kyle Waggoner was good as well, and I'm interested in seeing how their dynamic works in future episodes.

Episode 2: "Wonder Woman Meets Baroness Von Gunther"
    Not quite as much fun as the first episode, but still very enjoyable, I'm a big fan of the theme song playing every time Wonder Woman is in action mode. I watched the new Wonder Woman film over christmas and it was such a disappointment ; took itself so seriously while trying to be a fun movie, and it just didn't work, would've preferred if they had attempted to do something much closer to this instead of trying so hard.

Episode 3: "Fausta, the Nazi Wonder Woman"
    Best one so far, just leant completely into the campiness and all the better for it. Kyle Waggoner was pushed to the forefront a bit more here, as Wonder Woman was the one in trouble and it was up to Steve to step up and save her for a change… well, kinda. Fausta was fun and I love how they ended her story in the cheesiest way possible ; reminded me a bit of that time an episode of Captain Planet suggested the troubles in Northern Ireland could be solved if only a Catholic and Protestant would team up and open a bakery together. Classic stuff.

Final Thoughts:
    This was really refreshing and I'll definitely be watching the rest of the series. It's just pure fun, and doesn't take itself super seriously like all the DC movies and tv shows (with the exception of maybe Legends of Tomorrow) do.

In 9th with 2 points is
    Irish Aris

The Dukes of Hazzard

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078607/
    IMDB wrote:
    The adventures of the fast-drivin', rubber-burnin' Duke boys of Hazzard County.

QcS6sT3l.jpg

Episode 1 Rating: 1.4
    Episode 2 Rating: 3.8
    Episode 3 Rating: 6.3
    Aggregated Approval Rating: 38.3%

Episode 1: "One Armed Bandits"
    The Dukes of Hazzard has a reputation that precedes it for me ; I had heard over the years that it is a lot of fun, that it is action packed, I had seen parodies and homages, and generally just good stuff about it, so my hopes were high going in to this… and they quickly came crashing down. It's not very interesting or exciting and I found myself bored throughout most of it. There's a lot of driving around and very little plot, anyone without the surname Duke is a dithering idiot, and the Dukes themselves aren't really explored enough for me to like or dislike them. It's supposedly a comedy or a drama, but its neither funny or dramatic, and I can appreciate a good car chase as much as anyone, but unfortunately these car chases were bog standard and boring. There's a couple of minutes where Luke breaks Daisy out of jail that I thought was enjoyable enough, but apart from that I can't think of anything worthwhile in this. Maybe if there's a half decent plot in the next one I can enjoy it.

Episode 2: "Daisy's Song"
    This was better than the first because at least it had a reasonably enjoyable story, but still not really warming to this at all. The Balladeer narrating the story is quite good to be fair. Uncle Jesse and Daisy are the only two characters that I find in any way endearing, don't find Bo and Luke interesting at all, and everyone else are headwrecking caricatures that I can barely stand to watch. It's obviously just not a show for me, but at least it wasn't as awful as the first episode.

Episode 3: "Mary Kaye's Baby"
    Now this one was halfway decent. Still can't stand some of the supporting characters like Sheriff Roscoe and Boss Hogg, and Daisy and Uncle Jesse are still the only two I genuinely like, but Luke and Bo grew on me a bit here. The story is pretty decent too, feels less forced than the previous two, and I actually gave half a sh*t about how it played out. Nothing amazing by any means, but much more watchable.

Final Thoughts:
    Despite it growing on me a bit with each episode, it's unlikely that I'll be sitting down to watch any more adventures from Hazzard County, although I'd be lying if I said part of me wasn't curious to see if it gets better in later seasons, so who knows, someday I may end up checking out an episode at random just to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

In 6th with 8 points is
    Sawduck

The Twilight Zone

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052520/

9JvBcnOl.jpg

Episode 1 Rating: 9.3
    Episode 2 Rating: 9.5
    Episode 3 Rating: 5
    Aggregated Approval Rating: 79.3%

Episode 1: "Where Is Everybody?"
    I remember seeing some episodes of the early 2000's reboot of The Twilight Zone which Forest Whitaker hosted, and quite enjoyed them, but had never gone back to watch the original show. My appreciation for Black & White films and tv shows has grown a lot over the years, and I thought this was really well done, and a great performance from Earl Holliman as the main character in this particular story. Looking forward to seeing what the other two episodes here have to offer.

Episode 2: "One For The Angels"
    A simple, but effective and well executed story. The great thing about The Twilight Zone is that they're completely stand-alone and each episode offers something that can be completely different from the previous episode. I find the tone and style of the show very comforting, it's the type of thing I'd be likely to throw on an episode of before going to bed to help calm my thoughts. Just like the last one, really enjoyed it.

Episode 3: "Mr. Denton on Doomsday"
    This episode was a bit of a dud, didn't really care for the story, and it was disappointing compared to the other two. I enjoyed the acting and it wasn't awful or anything, just a bit meh in the grand scheme of things, and ultimately I was indifferent to it.

Final Thoughts:
    It's a shame the last episode dragged this down, because before that I thought this would definitely be in the top three for this round, and with only ten shows in the round there's nowhere to hide, and unfortunately one dodgy episode can lead to a dramatic fall down the rankings. Despite a difficult third outing, I enjoyed the show overall, like the anthology concept, so will certainly continue on with it.

I'm happy with this score, especially since the better episodes are later ones. There are some amazing episodes from this and I haven't even seen half of the show yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In 9th with 2 points is
    Irish Aris

The Dukes of Hazzard

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078607/

Episode 1 Rating: 1.4
    Episode 2 Rating: 3.8
    Episode 3 Rating: 6.3
    Aggregated Approval Rating: 38.3%

Episode 1: "One Armed Bandits"
    The Dukes of Hazzard has a reputation that precedes it for me ; I had heard over the years that it is a lot of fun, that it is action packed, I had seen parodies and homages, and generally just good stuff about it, so my hopes were high going in to this… and they quickly came crashing down. It's not very interesting or exciting and I found myself bored throughout most of it. There's a lot of driving around and very little plot, anyone without the surname Duke is a dithering idiot, and the Dukes themselves aren't really explored enough for me to like or dislike them. It's supposedly a comedy or a drama, but its neither funny or dramatic, and I can appreciate a good car chase as much as anyone, but unfortunately these car chases were bog standard and boring. There's a couple of minutes where Luke breaks Daisy out of jail that I thought was enjoyable enough, but apart from that I can't think of anything worthwhile in this. Maybe if there's a half decent plot in the next one I can enjoy it.

Episode 2: "Daisy's Song"
    This was better than the first because at least it had a reasonably enjoyable story, but still not really warming to this at all. The Balladeer narrating the story is quite good to be fair. Uncle Jesse and Daisy are the only two characters that I find in any way endearing, don't find Bo and Luke interesting at all, and everyone else are headwrecking caricatures that I can barely stand to watch. It's obviously just not a show for me, but at least it wasn't as awful as the first episode.

Episode 3: "Mary Kaye's Baby"
    Now this one was halfway decent. Still can't stand some of the supporting characters like Sheriff Roscoe and Boss Hogg, and Daisy and Uncle Jesse are still the only two I genuinely like, but Luke and Bo grew on me a bit here. The story is pretty decent too, feels less forced than the previous two, and I actually gave half a sh*t about how it played out. Nothing amazing by any means, but much more watchable.

Final Thoughts:
    Despite it growing on me a bit with each episode, it's unlikely that I'll be sitting down to watch any more adventures from Hazzard County, although I'd be lying if I said part of me wasn't curious to see if it gets better in later seasons, so who knows, someday I may end up checking out an episode at random just to see.

That's Waylon Jennings, he wrote the feem toon and sang the feem toon as well.

In 2nd with 13 points is
    Deleted User

Fawlty Towers

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072500/
    IMDB wrote:
    Hotel owner Basil Fawlty's incompetence, short fuse, and arrogance form a combination that ensures accidents and trouble are never far away.

AEOAeBgl.jpg

Have I Seen It Before: Yes
    Episode 1 Rating: 10
    Episode 2 Rating: 8.5
    Episode 3 Rating: 9.8
    Aggregated Approval Rating: 94.3%

Episode 1: "A Touch of Class"
    Usually I can't stand John Cleese and tend to avoid anything he's involved with, but Fawlty Towers is the exception to the rule, probably because we're not supposed to empathise with Basil and it's a case of laughing at him rather than with him. Easily one of the best opening episodes of a sitcom ever made, very cleverly written, and great physical comedy as well. Been awhile since I've given it a watch, but still brilliant as ever, can't fault it in the slightest.

Episode 2: "The Builders"
    Not nearly as strong as the previous episode, because its slightly less chaotic and there are no guests (aside from the regulars ; the major and the ladies) to react to the absurdity of Basil, but still very funny. I was lucky enough to have interviewed David Kelly a year or two before he died, a very talented actor and a lovely person, but I've always found his character here, O'Reilly, to be fairly mediocre.

Episode 3: "The Wedding Party"
    I had completely forgotten this one, it's not one of my go to episodes when I decide to throw on an episode (A Touch of Class, Communication Problems, The Germans, and The Hotel Inspectors tend to be the ones I'm most likely to put on), but actually it has all the things I love about my favourite episodes of Fawlty Towers, and I'm not sure why I had dismissed on re-watches, it's top notch.

Final Thoughts:
    Given my tendency to gravitate towards certain episode, and only realising through this that The Wedding Party is up there with the best of them, I need to give a full and thorough re-watch to see if I've overlooked the greatness of any of the other episodes.

Which means Necro and the purple tin remain in contention for either first or last

the purple tin has had a fairly solid game thus far, scoring consistently high ratings...

Necro on the other hand, stumbled out of the gate, but secured the top spot in Round 3. Is he about to make it two in a row or was last night merely a blip?

In last place with 1 point is
    the purple tin

Police Squad!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083466/
    IMDB wrote:
    Sight gags and non-sequiturs dominate this spoof of police dramas. The six episodes formed the basis for the very successful "Naked Gun" film franchise.

QLRBg39l.jpg

Episode 1 Rating: 8.1
    Episode 2 Rating: 0.3
    Episode 3 Rating: 0.7
    Aggregated Approval Rating: 30.3%

Episode 1: "A Substantial Gift (The Broken Promise)"
    I didn't have high hopes for this since Leslie Nielsen wouldn't be my usual cup of tea, but I ended up really enjoying it and thought it was very punny. Not every gag landed for me, there was one or two that elicited an eye-roll, but there was more good gags than bad ones, so it worked well overall. Looking forward to seeing the next one anyway.

Episode 2: "Ring of Fear (A Dangerous Assignment)"
    Well that novelty wore off real quick. They must've used up all the good gags in the first episode, because not a single joke worked for me here. The episodes are only twenty-five minutes long, but it felt like an eternity watching it. It's amazing how much of a drop in quality there was between these first two episodes. I'm really hoping it can bounce back in the third episode and that they didn't use all of their material up in the very first episode.

Episode 3: "The Butler Did It (A Bird In The Hand)"
    Haven't done a Pitch Meeting for this round yet, so here's a quick one…
    • Network Exec: We really liked your first episode, but the second one just didn't have the same magic and was, to put it mildly, absolute dogsh*t. What happened?
    • Head Writer: Well we kind of used all of our jokes on that first one.
    • Network Exec: Surely, you can come up with more jokes, it's your job.
    • Head Writer: Don't call me Shirley, but I suppose you're right, and we can certainly try.
    • Network Exec: Is there anything we can do to help? An endless supply of Cocaine perhaps?
    • Head Writer: We're good for cocaine, thanks. Look message received, we promise you'll like the third episode, it'll be back on form.
    • Everyone's Favourite Narrator Morgan Freeman: Cocaine was snorted. A script was written. It was not back on form.

Final Thoughts:
    It's probably safe to say, I won't be bothering with the remaining three episodes of this series. It really did feel like a one trick pony and they used the trick in the first episode, so the other two were just boring old regular no trick ponies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Usually I can't stand John Cleese
    I once saw him live. Single worst show I've ever been to!

Not only a back-to-back win, but a perfect score to boot...

In 1st with 14 points is
    Necro

The Incredible Hulk

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077031/
    IMDB wrote:
    A fugitive scientist has the curse of becoming a powerful green monster under extreme emotional stress.

qHDXubrl.jpg

Episode 1 Rating: 10
    Episode 2 Rating: 10
    Episode 3 Rating: 10
    Aggregated Approval Rating: 100%

Episode 1: "The Incredible Hulk"
    Wow! Incredible is an understatement. This was absolutey perfect, far better than any of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, and I was glued to the screen the entire time. The score was superb and really played a big part in setting the overall tone, but the acting was top class, especially from Bill Bixby who was a captivating lead. I had seen some clips of Lou Ferrigno as the Hulk before (I've met Ferrigno actually, lovely guy) and the make-up and wig were so bad it put me off ever watching this show, but the storytelling and every other aspect is so good in this that you can easily look past the Hulk's appearance, appreciate that it was made in the '70s, and just embrace the episode for what it is.

Episode 2: "Death In The Family"
    If someone had told me that a TV show about the Incredible Hulk would end up being one of the most dramatic and superbly written things I would ever watch, I would probably have presumed they were taking the piss, but once again this was a captivating, emotionally charged, masterfully acted episode of television. I gave Bixby his props in the previous write-up, but Ferrigno gives such a thoughful performance here as the Hulk gets some quieter less action-fueled moments, that I forgot he's wearing a ridiculous wig and green body paint ; without using any words he makes the Hulk a character in his own right, who is completely different and unique to Banner. Blown away once again.

Episode 3: "Final Round"
    When I realised the main crux of this story revolved around boxing, I didn't think it would hold up as well as the previous two episodes, but they managed to knock it out of the park once again. A big part of that is the acting, and the sincerity in the storytelling. The Hulk make-up had also improved quite a lot since the last episode I thought. The main guest character of the week was played by Martin Kove, who I'm a fan of due to my recent obsession with Cobra Kai, and it was nice to see him play a good guy for a change.

Final Thoughts:
    While quite a few episodes in this tournament had gotten full marks and plenty of shows have been near perfect for me, I didn't think the show getting 100% would be The Incredible Hulk, but genuinely loved every minute of these three episode. Goes without saying, I'll be watching the rest.

In 2nd with 13 points is
    Deleted User

Fawlty Towers

giphy.gif

¡Arriba, Arriba! ¡Ándale, Ándale!

Up ya boy ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Wow, well played Necro!
    I feel like I must have watched it when I was young but I really can't remember, will have to add it to my list :)

Necro bounds up the table after topping two rounds in a row, while cee_jay retains the overall lead, but 2D is hot on her heels, with Alfred and Shane tied in 4th.

Player R.1 R.2 R.3 R.4 R.5 R.6 R.7 R.8 B.1 B.2 Total
    cee_jay 13 6 13 11 43
    Davis Wrong Tweed 7 14 7 13 41
    Alfred Borden 10 10 6 12 38
    ShaneU 14 1 12 11 38
    Necro 2 4 14 14 34
    Sawduck 9 7 9 8 33
    JP Liz V1 11 12 2 7 32
    Electric Nitwit 1 13 10 7 31
    the purple tin 12 9 8 1 30
    SineadSpears 5 3 11 9 28
    JohnGreenFan 7 11 4 5 27
    aaronjennings 8 5 3 5 21
    Irish Aris 3 8 5 2 18
    Kolido 4 2 1 5 12

Hope you all want more, because Round 5 reveal coming up around 6.30PM this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Nice reveal again LeVar and a great show indeed by Necro.

I'm just happy to reach double figures in the overall table.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno's Hulk scared me when younger

As I said Bam! Right In The Childhood! Reveal coming up this evening at 18.30

Something I may have chosen for that round would be...

The Tribe

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274988/
    IMDB wrote:
    A group of young adults struggle to survive in a world where all the adults have been killed by a mysterious virus.

7XSuuB5l.jpg

Another show I used to be obsessed over. I remember before we had a PC and internet at home, I used to get my Mam to print off a few pages from the website (which had full character bios, interviews with the cast, etc. etc.) every so often and I kept them all in a big folder. Printing out a bloody website, jaysus, those were the days... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Just a quick nosey atm. I'll go through everything in a while when I'm free. Of course took the time to quickly read over my own lol.

Ha that was another one I was worried about. I loved Bewitched when I was younger & I fully agree about the graphics fir its time ... glad you you liked it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Well, I already have a general idea of how good/bad I have done in the next round :D

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Well, I already have a general idea of how good/bad I have done in the next round :D

Depends how the overall ratings of the shows in the next round compare to the shows in this one though... ;)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

So interesting how different people rate different shows (well the 3 episode limit might change my mind on some but...): I'm 100% on board for The Rookie, but not so much for the Hulk. I never liked that as a kid, but I am a big fan of the A Team/Knight Rider (and Airwolf :D ). At home the shared tv and being youngest meant I really just watched what other people wanted :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Delighted with that, but I can take no credit for it - still is my Dad's fave show and about the only one he would sit down and watch, funnily enough Love/Hate aside.

He generally wouldn't have the time for TV and watches sports or whatever soap Mum tosses on next and snores through it but maybe I should get some more recommendations from him in the future after this :D

I remember absolutely sobbing at the end of the show, which I won't spoil for anyone who wants to watch it.

Necro wrote: »
    Delighted with that, but I can take no credit for it - still is my Dad's fave show and about the only one he would sit down and watch, funnily enough Love/Hate aside.

He generally wouldn't have the time for TV and watches sports or whatever soap Mum tosses on next and snores through it but maybe I should get some more recommendations from him in the future after this :D

I remember absolutely sobbing at the end of the show, which I won't spoil for anyone who wants to watch it.

Before watching any of the episodes, it wasn't one I was expecting to win the round, and I definitely didn't think it'd be getting a flawless score, but it was class.

• Advertisement

ari101 wrote: »
    So interesting how different people rate different shows (well the 3 episode limit might change my mind on some but...): I'm 100% on board for The Rookie, but not so much for the Hulk. I never liked that as a kid, but I am a big fan of the A Team/Knight Rider (and Airwolf :D ). At home the shared tv and being youngest meant I really just watched what other people wanted :D

You should sign up for the original Walruses, the music ones - then you'll really see how tastes differ. :D

Advertisement