Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISI Fighter Shamima Begum Not allowed to return to the UK

Options

Comments

Eleanor probably wouldn’t have committed treason.

What century do you think we're in? You act as though treason is the gravest offence one can commit.

The last person to be convicted of treason was in 1946.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

So how were hundreds if not thousands of unaccompanied minors (basically children) such as Shamina Begum allowed into Turkey without a parent/guardian and manage to cross an international border into Syria with no questions asked?

well, britain didn't and doesn't want to pay for border staff.
    turkey god only knows why they can't be bothered, and the reason they aren't held to account for it is probably politics.

I wonder if this would have happened if her name was Eleanor and she was from an affluent area of the UK.

i would probably say no but for the fact gihadi jack who is white had his citizenship removed and is i believe similar to begum in that his citizenship is disputed.
    or has canada taken him on?

Hellfire missile.

they would have had that option had they declared war with syria.
    quite rightly the british politicians said no to that given the last war went so well.

Eleanor probably wouldn’t have committed treason.

why wouldn't she? because she is white and middle or upper class?
    anyway, treason is all but redundant so doesn't carry the weight it once did. it's been surpassed by modern laws for a modern era.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

What century do you think we're in? You act as though treason is the gravest offence one can commit.

The last person to be convicted of treason was in 1946.

Hanging would be a reasonable outcome in this case just like the case you referenced.

How could anyone in their right mind actually be behind such a vile excuse of a human being....

Even the insane know in most cases right from wrong

nobody is behind her, while she may be the main focus of the discussion given it came about because of her, it is the dangerous implications that britain have brought about being turned back that we are behind.

nobody is behind her, while she may be the main focus of the discussion given it came about because of her, it is the dangerous implications that britain have brought about being turned back that we are behind.

No one is behind her? Funny guy.

• Advertisement

Hanging would be a reasonable outcome in this case just like the case you referenced.

life in prison would be cheaper and of a modern era.
    hanging died and is not coming back no matter how much some want it.
    time to modernise and move on.

No one is behind her? Funny guy.

nothing funny about the dangerous situation britain has brought about via their politically motivated nonsense.

life in prison would be cheaper and of a modern era.
    hanging died and is not coming back no matter how much some want it.
    time to modernise and move on.

nothing funny about the dangerous situation britain has brought about via their politically motivated nonsense.

Dangerous situation Britain brought about? Seriously?

Dangerous situation Britain brought about? Seriously?

oh yes it's very serious and is a dangerous situation.
    a country can now deprive someone of citizenship dispite being born in the country because of a potential link with another country, in turn attempting to force that other country who has nothing to do with, and wants nothing to do with, this individual to take them on.
    rogue states will take this further and will say when countries complain, oh well britain said it's okay to do this, which britain will effectively have done so by setting that precedent.

oh yes it's very serious and is a dangerous situation.
    a country can now deprive someone of citizenship dispite being born in the country because of a potential link with another country, in turn attempting to force that other country who has nothing to do with, and wants nothing to do with, this individual to take them on.
    rogue states will take this further and will say when countries complain, oh well britain said it's okay to do this, which britain will effectively have done so by setting that precedent.

Wow, that sounds dangerous AND serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,433 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

so her hopes were daeshed?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

Wow, that sounds dangerous AND serious.

oh it is, countries could theoretically strip someone of their citizenship to stop other countries from deporting them back to them.
    Aphosis wrote: »
    And I say well done Britain!

so you would like say, a country to be able to strip one of their citizens living here who is for example, a criminal, so as to prevent us from sending them back home?
    not sure you would have much support for that tbh.
    Aphosis wrote: »
    Just hand this pig over to the Yazidis. Let them take their revenge on her and fellow ISIS scumbags.

they don't want them and i couldn't blame them given once they would be handed over to them and dealt with the world would stop pretending to care about them.
    the kurds don't want them either, and the same as above, never mind most of the world's refusal to recognise their legitimate right to their status or to a state.
    anyone else who you might suggest palming them off on don't want them either, so yeah i'm afraid once assad loses patients and grows a back bone and sends them out on their back sides to europe and elsewhere their countries of origine will be left with no option but to deal with them once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

life in prison would be cheaper

How much is a length of rope and some scaffolding

Gatling wrote: »
    How much is a length of rope and some scaffolding

it's not just those that have to be paid for, whoever carries it out is entitled to certain payments and entitlements that will need to cost a massive amount to attract quality candidates.

whoever carries it out is entitled to certain payments and entitlements that will need to cost a massive amount to attract quality candidates.

Says who

One person to pull a handle wouldn't even need formal education for most part

“quality candidates”. This thread is the gift that keeps giving.

Wonder how much the ra executioners were paid to torture and shoot innocent house wives and mothers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm torn on this one but ultimately i don't think you can make someone stateless for something they did as a minor.

You can however revoke their passport making it impossible for them to travel.

I presume Syria are not going to put her on trial, or are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Serves her right. They say she was brainwashed. Bull,**** she was on the internet. All she had to do wa look up ISIS or even just watch some news to see what a horrible organisation it was. There is no way they went over there not knowing about it. She made her choice now she can rot were she is.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Broke country with little or no infrastructure , living off putins and Iranian handouts , assad controls very little of the country outside of Damascus , doubt they would be putting on trials of any kind and most of these camps are in Kurdish terrority

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If anyone felt badyou could get a monkey to press the button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Wonder how much the ra executioners were paid to torture and shoot innocent house wives and mothers

Lol.
    FFS

Says who

One person to pull a handle wouldn't even need formal education for most part

they would need a college degree and years of training so as to bed them into the job.
    the state would have to pay for that as well as their other entitlements, which it is the job itself which will have decided that the individual charged with doing the job are entitled to.
    I'm torn on this one but ultimately i don't think you can make someone stateless for something they did as a minor.

You can however revoke their passport making it impossible for them to travel.

it's unlikely i would say.
    i would say at this stage they just want these people gone, but are afraid that if they stand up and throw them out or express that they want them gone there could be consequences.
    none of the parties in syria whether it be the syrians or especially the kurds want anything to do with western isis riff raff.
    AMKC wrote: »
    Serves her right. They say she was brainwashed. Bull,**** she was on the internet. All she had to do wa look up ISIS or even just watch some news to see what a horrible organisation it was. There is no way they went over there not knowing about it. She made her choice now she can rot were she is.

her being brain washed isn't necessarily bull, it might be an inconvenient reality but being convenient doesn't make such go away.
    watching propaganda videos can just as easily be a form of brain washing as other methods, especially if they were selling the lifestyle in a very different way to what it actually was, which is certainly likely the case.
    given she was watching propaganda videos and bought the nonsense they were selling then realistically she was unlikely to think about, never mind check out the reality.
    how she behaves and has behaved as an adult is certainly a different story, but i'm afraid that if behaviour as a child is taken into account in relation to the consequences faced for actions committed as a child in other situations, then it will have to be in this one, terrorism is no different to any other violent crime, all are as serious as it gets.
    she is very unlikely to be rotting where she is, that is for sure, she will be deported eventually, most likely to the uk.

they would need a college degree and years of training so as to bed them into the job.
    the state would have to pay for that as well as their other entitlements,

What college degree covers how to hang a terrorist exactly,
    Hanging is a very documented and effective way to execute criminals , from height and weight to the most effective knots again there wouldn't be a need for training other than place this noose over the head and pull this lever gravity does the rest .

Don't be claiming this and that is needed ,

the state would have to pay for that as well as their other entitlements, which it is the job itself which will have decided that the individual charged with doing the job are entitled to.

it's unlikely i would say.
    i would say at this stage they just want these people gone, but are afraid that if they stand up and throw them out or express that they want them gone there could be consequences.
    none of the parties in syria whether it be the syrians or especially the kurds want anything to do with western isis riff raff.

her being brain washed isn't necessarily bull, it might be an inconvenient reality but being convenient doesn't make such go away.
    watching propaganda videos can just as easily be a form of brain washing as other methods, especially if they were selling the lifestyle in a very different way to what it actually was, which is certainly likely the case.
    given she was watching propaganda videos and bought the nonsense they were selling then realistically she was unlikely to think about, never mind check out the reality.
    how she behaves and has behaved as an adult is certainly a different story, but i'm afraid that if behaviour as a child is taken into account in relation to the consequences faced for actions committed as a child in other situations, then it will have to be in this one, terrorism is no different to any other violent crime, all are as serious as it gets.
    she is very unlikely to be rotting where she is, that is for sure, she will be deported eventually, most likely to the uk.

Do you actually believe the ****e that you post?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sure let her back in, she was young, all she did was participate in the return of organized Sex slavery in the Middle East, large scale Genocide and the mass murder of people for their sexuality, listening to music, and a lot of other reasons.

We were all young once I went on a 3 day party after my Junior Cert.

No one tried to take my passport.

Danzy wrote: »
    Sure let her back in, she was young, all she did was participate in the return of organized Sex slavery in the Middle East, large scale Genocide and the mass murder of people for their sexuality, listening to music, and a lot of other reasons.

We were all young once I went on a 3 day party after my Junior Cert.

No one tried to take my passport.

all of that stuff has been happening in the middle east for eternity, and the west never gave a damn then and it doesn't now.
    britain and america were happy to cosey up to the sespits like saudi arabia cause oil in it.
    she's going back anyway so may as well bring her back and lock her up, they already know she joined a terrorist group, so life sentences for those joining terrorist groups can be implemented, given britain can apparently do what it likes now it is out of the EU, or so the brexiters will say when it suits their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The sheer mental gymnastics required to continuously just say “i hate the brits, make them keep the terrorist alive “ without saying it is insane

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The left - she was only 15, she didn't understand what she was doing.
    Also left - lower the voting age to 16.

biko wrote: »
    The left - she was only 15, she didn't understand what she was doing.
    Also left - lower the voting age to 16.

that's not really anything to do with the left.
    realistically it's a common sense point of view to believe that the same rules that would apply to other criminals if they have committed crimes as a child, should apply, with the crimes committed by that individual as an adult dealt with the same as any other adult who commits a crime.
    in this case britain has effectively gone for a dump on the rest of the world and said FU.
    not very nice really and it will be remembered by middle eastern countries when it comes to trade deals which britain are desperate to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

it will be remembered by middle eastern countries when it comes to trade deals which britain are desperate to get.
    I doubt it but when the time comes maybe you will have a source where a ME country says "No, we won't sell you oil because you refused ISIS woman Begum."
    I suppose it could happen.

Advertisement