Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

It was a strange omission. I'm hoping some forum Peter figures out how to retrofit one!

To be honest, I've had one in two previous cars and in the end never used it, always still connect by cable, they charge too slow and then I always forget to take my phone out of the car when I put it in there as they're always located somewhere out of sight!! each to their own tho but I don't miss it.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

It was a strange omission. I'm hoping some forum Peter figures out how to retrofit one!

I believe it's been done in the id3 already. Involved 3d printing a new plate and running some wiring back to the fuse box.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

First few days with the ID4 have been great.
    The one thing I'm really missing from my previous car is keyless entry. What a pain not having that.
    I'm looking at retrofit options for that now. Even just for the driver's door handle would suffice

First few days with the ID4 have been great.
    The one thing I'm really missing from my previous car is keyless entry. What a pain not having that.
    I'm looking at retrofit options for that now. Even just for the driver's door handle would suffice

Interesting. Keep us posted.

Lack of keyless entry is a bit of a pain alright, and the key isn't exactly touch friendly to find the unlock button in your pocket. Might add a dimple or something to distinguish it

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Interesting. Keep us posted.

Lack of keyless entry is a bit of a pain alright, and the key isn't exactly touch friendly to find the unlock button in your pocket. Might add a dimple or something to distinguish it

That's not a bad idea to be fair with the key. It's surprising how you get accustomed to something like keyless entry.

I've contacted Kufatec, I've purchased retrofit kits from them before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

VW ID.4 at the NORRA Mexico 1000 Baja race - full nerd out with Tanner Foust
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-M3t4ISaZ8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Looks like he finished the race and 64th overall

https://www.norra.com/m1k_cars_scoring.php?stage=overall

Didn't know that towing the car could provide so much regen and never heard of towing with reverse on, not sure I'd want to try that myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

More info about the GTX

https://www.electrive.com/2021/04/28/vw-presents-the-id-4-gtx-with-all-wheel-drive/
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2021-volkswagen-id-4-gtx-performance-ev-flagship

Starting price just over €50k in Germany before incentives, that could put it around the same price as the 1st in Ireland

Looks like there'll be different trim options, so I wouldn't be surprised if the higher end ID.4 trims all got a GTX variant

If there was an equivalent spec to the 1st Max at a decent price I'd be very tempted to try and switch over my order :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Just watched the launch video. Was the 2nd GTX car Moonstone grey?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crassusg

Hey has anyone here ordered one of the non 1st edition trims ? any idea on delivery dates outside the 12 weeks the dealer reckons. Any vin number tracking magic out there if I want to go full on obsessive on the progress of the car :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Pat201

Got my Id4 2 days ago and loving it so far . Only problem I've encountered so far is opening door on passenger side . Sometimes it does not open so have to open from passenger side . I just worked out how to manually open using the handle on door and hoping that resets it but has anyone had such issues.
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Pat201 wrote: »
    Got my Id4 2 days ago and loving it so far . Only problem I've encountered so far is opening door on passenger side . Sometimes it does not open so have to open from passenger side . I just worked out how to manually open using the handle on door and hoping that resets it but has anyone had such issues.
    Pat

The same on my ID.3. It only seems to be after you have driven off and the auto locking happens. When you stop all the doors are still locked from outside until you open the drivers door. All doors should be open then.
    Presume there is a way to turn off this, but doesn't worry me as usually on my own.
    Also check in settings that you don't have only drivers door unlocking from fob.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Pat201

eagerv wrote: »
    The same on my ID.3. It only seems to be after you have driven off and the auto locking happens. When you stop all the doors are still locked from outside until you open the drivers door. All doors should be open then.
    Presume there is a way to turn off this, but doesn't worry me as usually on my own.
    Also check in settings that you don't have only drivers door unlocking from fob.

Sorry my post should have said problem opening driver door. I end up opening from inside by going round to passenger side. I now know how to manually open door using handle but still not sure why door does not function as rest does sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Sorry my post should have said problem opening driver door. I end up opening from inside by going round to passenger side. I now know how to manually open door using handle but still not sure why door does not function as rest does sometimes

Check the vehicle menu and I think Central locking is in the interior menu. It might have an option for that. When we got ours only the drivers door would open because of that setting

Check the vehicle menu and I think Central locking is in the interior menu. It might have an option for that. When we got ours only the drivers door would open because of that setting

Sounds like he has the opposite problem - drivers door doesn't open (not unlock, open). To me it sounds like you need to get back in contact with your dealer and get them to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,028 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Maybe wrong thread but ordered my ID4 last week, dealer is saying about 12 weeks, where do i go about ordering a home charger, did you guys go through the dealer, where is the best place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Apologies if you already know this: you open the driver's door with one click of the key-fob. To open the other doors you need two clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Got an update from the dealer today that my 1ST will be on the next boat. Now to monitor Dublin port arrivals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

kesey wrote: »
    Apologies if you already know this: you open the driver's door with one click of the key-fob. To open the other doors you need two clicks.
    Yeah, this one got me too when I first got the ID4.

Go into the Vehicle menu, ensure it is on Exterior, swipe to the screen with Central Locking on it and select it.
    At the bottom of the menu it brings up, the option 'Door Unlocking' is defaulted to single door (which is the driver's door).
    Change that to All Doors, and that should sort it.

Annoyed me no end until I went searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

dave oc wrote: »
    Got an update from the dealer today that my 1ST will be on the next boat. Now to monitor Dublin port arrivals :)

can you actually do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

deravarra wrote: »
    can you actually do this?

You sure can. Dublin port website lists upcoming arrivals and you can filter by type, looking for car carriers.

You can also go to Marine traffic and have a look at Emden port in Germany, that's where VAG cars are shipped from. The two ships regularly used are the MV Parana and the MV Patara but look for car carriers leaving Emden for Dublin. In Emden the VW cars are loaded on the west side of the port, right at the entrance.

It's a bit of fun while you're waiting. :D

Edit: The MV Patara is on her way to Dublin from Emden, due in tomorrow.

dave oc wrote: »

Hopefully mine is on the same boat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Hopefully mine is on the same boat :)

Ditto... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

My 1st Max is in the country, should be picking it up next week!

colm_c wrote: »
    My 1st Max is in the country, should be picking it up next week!

Not if I get there first ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Have the 'proud' distinction of being the first ID4 owner in Cork city to have their new wheels back in for warranty work. Knocking from the rear. Predictably enough they can't find anything actually wrong (but did hear the noise) so are going to disassemble the shock in the morning. Am in an manual 1 litre T Cross in the interim - God it's awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Have the 'proud' distinction of being the first ID4 owner in Cork city to have their new wheels back in for warranty work. Knocking from the rear. Predictably enough they can't find anything actually wrong (but did hear the noise) so are going to disassemble the shock in the morning. Am in an manual 1 litre T Cross in the interim - God it's awful!

Similar issue reported here- https://www.speakev.com/threads/vibration-noise-from-near-side-rear-wheel-area.158443/page-2

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This might be a stupid question but it was hardly the charge port flat rattling?

Cheers. Had seen someone in UK on Facebook reporting similar issue but no update. Interesting they ended up at the shocks as that was my immediate thought (having had a car with a dodgy shock previously, sounds similar) and that's what dealer is looking at now.....but didn't solve the problem in that link. Maybe it's a "feature of the car".

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but it was hardly the charge port flat rattling?

Seems to be coming from the opposite side, but these things can be deceptive. I'm not overly worried about it - it's been there since I got it, but only brought it in now, a month and 1600 km later after ruling out charge cable in boot etc.

Advertisement