Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭showpony1

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    If more than 70% of the adult population is vaccinated by mid-August and the variants haven't taken a foothold then I fail to understand the resistance to open air events given the case incidence for outdoor transmission is 0.1% of the state's infections.

thousands of people sharing tents and "riding like mad"was the explanation earlier in the thread Seathrun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

showpony1 wrote: »
    thousands of people sharing tents and "riding like mad"was the explanation earlier in the thread Seathrun.

Class. Though with the obvious exception of the aged Boardsies cohort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Class. Though with the obvious exception of the aged Boardsies cohort.

True. I don't use a tent anymore.

(Once you go camper/caravan you can never go back.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

God bless you Tony. I'm taking that as a yes. Cut to Pixies, main stage Saturday night....'Hello DUBLIN!!!! This is a song about a superhero named Tony. It's called TONY'S THEME!!!!" Holohan enters stage left, in a cape. Place goes ballistic. Rubick starts crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I hear NPHET are headlining the main stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Jaysus, the optimism on the news is striking. Catherine Martin is certainly determined to get gigs going again. First time I've heard her say June for trial events.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Jaysus i have not been letting myself think it will happen but am finding it hard to not have hope now after Tony's words. Dont think i would even give out about a lousy lineup

• Advertisement

Oh lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭endainoz

London Grammar have a new album out, playing all Points East in August. Would be nice to see them again, maybe as an Electric Arena headliner. Thought they did great as a lead into the XX a couple of years ago, really nice vibe on the main stage that Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,084 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Could some festivals move to day events with no camping ?

Not gonna happen, tens of thousands who have nowhere to stay and thousands who've driven but cannot drink.
    **** that.
    There are those of us who may be of what might be described as a "preloved condition" on the 2nd hand mature goods market, whilst we may not be "riding like mad", we're built for comfort and not for speed and would have no complaints about being "ridden like mad", shctick another blue pill in there and go till the "palpitations schtop".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Melvin Benn saying he sees no reason why EP wouldn't go ahead as normal this year. Seems confident that trials like Liverpool could make it happen. Guess at very least it won't be cancelled for another while yet so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

Eod100 wrote: »
    Melvin Benn saying he sees no reason why EP wouldn't go ahead as normal this year. Seems confident that trials like Liverpool could make it happen. Guess at very least it won't be cancelled for another while yet so.

I suppose we are now in the best possible place with seemingly everybody wanting to make it happen. Score.

Now, I'm hoping to be able to go mad in Terminus. Good chance of Chemical Brothers playing this year.
    Anyone else?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Stillill42 wrote: »
    God bless you Tony. I'm taking that as a yes. Cut to Pixies, main stage Saturday night....'Hello DUBLIN!!!! This is a song about a superhero named Tony. It's called TONY'S THEME!!!!" Holohan enters stage left, in a cape. Place goes ballistic. Rubick starts crying.

This needs to be reality

forgiving the usual 'hello Dublin' error

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

This needs to be reality

forgiving the usual 'hello Dublin' error

That hello Dublin error is one of the best things about EP ! People losing their minds when it happens lol

First time in so long i have some little bit of hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

patch wrote: »
    I suppose we are now in the best possible place with seemingly everybody wanting to make it happen. Score.

Now, I'm hoping to be able to go mad in Terminus. Good chance of Chemical Brothers playing this year.
    Anyone else?

I'm more concerned for Niles Rogers if EP doesn't go ahead.

I mean, wtf is he going to do with himself that weekend?

everlast75 wrote: »

He must be seriously homesick!!

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »

I'd say he'll be nailed on for EP anyways, playing loads of UK dates around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

hi all

i'm back, hope y'all are well
    haven't graced these halls in a long time,
    found it like slow torture talking about EP when we couldnt go

i only said to friend yesterday
    that there was no way in hell it would happen this year,
    All limbs crossed!

Cheers

They'd nearly need to be operating now on assumption that its happening for it to go ahead which seems mad to think they would be. I guess the worry is Anthony Holohan will say July its grand to go ahead when its too late - weird him even saying its a maybe that given you can't go to an outdoor restaurant until mid-june let alone thousands making love in tents.

I may put in for the days off work now just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

They'd nearly need to be operating now on assumption that its happening for it to go ahead which seems mad to think they would be. I guess the worry is Anthony Holohan will say July its grand to go ahead when its too late - weird him even saying that given you can't go to an outdoor restaurant until mid-june let along thousands making love in tents.

I may put in for the days off work now just in case.

You're a bit fixated on this Showpony. Would the music and beer not be sufficient? :)

You're a bit fixated on this Showpony. Would the music and beer not be sufficient? :)

It would be for me Seathrun66, it's a family event after all - I'd like to hear the public announcement on RTE where Leo bans such acts from EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

endainoz wrote: »

Hard pressed to accept westlife touring in exchange for having an EP...

It would be for me Seathrun66, it's a family event after all - I'd like to hear the public announcement on RTE where Leo bans such acts from EP.

How do you think families are made?

How do you think families are made?

'tis true, it's also quite likely Pablo made his family on the same spot my cows are currently grazing!

• Advertisement

endainoz wrote: »
    'tis true, it's also quite likely Pablo made his family on the same spot my cows are currently grazing!

might explain why my daughter is such a bull****ter

Advertisement