If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sonos roam

Options
  • 14-05-2021 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi,
    Was looking at picking up a sonos roam for outdoors - do they live up to the hype?
    they seem to tick all the boxes for a pocket speaker.

is there much wiggle room on the price? inc delivery to ROI

thanks
    -Coley.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

coley wrote: »
    Hi,
    Was looking at picking up a sonos roam for outdoors - do they live up to the hype?
    they seem to tick all the boxes for a pocket speaker.

is there much wiggle room on the price? inc delivery to ROI

thanks
    -Coley.
    Hi Coley.

Many thanks for the post.

The Roam is a great little product and performs very well for its size :)

The best price would be the current web price as the product has just been released.
    Priced at 179 Euro delivered
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-205240-sonos-roam-black-voice-activated-portable-smart-speaker.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

Dav010 wrote: »
    Coley I got a Roam from Sonos, sound is good, battery is crap and it takes a relatively long time to charge. We also have Bose Revolve Soundlinks which have better sound and battery life.
    Hi Dav010.

Thanks for the input but please read the charter before posting on the Richersounds Forum.

This is for us to answer questions from our customers and potential customers.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

FYI we [font=Calibri, sans-serif]have had a few customers saying the Sonos Roam battery life does not last as long as they would expect when on standby, please see below comments from Sonos so you are aware of the potential issues/solutions which are the cause of the perception of poor battery life[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]The Roam will go to sleep after 30 minutes, Roam will go into idle mode after 2 minutes of not being used, but will still be awake for 30 minutes before sleeping. If you doesn't wish to wait 30 minutes ( ie waste 30 minutes of battery life) , you can simply place it in sleep mode via the power button. However, for it to go into idle and then to sleep it needs to be not charging.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Some reviewers have been confused between idle and sleep, they misinterpreted idle for sleep and were expecting it to sleep after 3 minutes.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Below is a list of things that will wake roam from sleep and therefore reduce its battery life when not in use but powered on :[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]•             Opening the Sonos app, will wake roam from sleep, irrespective of whether one interacts with it.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]•             Roam will wake at half the routers DHCP lease time to renew its IP address (standard for wireless clients) - normal lease time is 24 hours, so roam would wake every 12 hours, sometimes a customer’s router may have a much shorter lease time which will cause Roam to wake more often and reduce the battery life when not in use.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]•             Having Google assistant setup stops Roam from sleeping (fixed in today’s R2 software Release – please update  your software :D )[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Then you need to be sure you are using a recommended charger 2A/5V and Sonos supplied USB-C cable, if using a lesser charger roam will charge more slowly and if being used my not charge above a certain point. Please be especially be mindful of wireless chargers in this respect, as they charge at a much slower rate and are also more adversely affected by temperature. When using a third party QI wireless charger, the position of Roam on the charger can make all the difference, if placed off centre the incoming charge could be less then Roam is using whilst playing music. Under optimal conditions at the moment you would probably get up to 8 days of power before being completely drained if not being used and left in sleep.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Hope that's helpful but as ever keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]ATVB,[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]John Mc & Crew[/font]

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

Thanks for the heads-up and the clarification.
    Is there a bundle option with the wireless charger?

Thanks,
    -Coley.

Thanks for the heads-up and the clarification.
    Is there a bundle option with the wireless charger?

Thanks,
    -Coley.
    Hey Coley.

No bundle listed for these two products unfortunately.

They are pretty low margin products and don't really have any movement for discount at the moment.

The current Euro pricing is a better deal over the sterling retail.
    It works out at 228 Euro delivered or £209.99 sterling delivered.

Its' been very popular product from is release.

• Advertisement

I see it here: https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/roam-and-wireless-charger-set.html

Anyway, put me down for a roam+charger please in Euro :)

thanks,
    -Coley.

I see it here: https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/roam-and-wireless-charger-set.html

thanks,
    -Coley.
    Hey Coley.

When you select Ireland for delivery it changes the price to 228 Euro on the Sonos website. They will also not dispatch until 4th June :(
    I'll pop the order onto our system for you and drop you a call to finalise.

thanks,
    -Coley.
    Hey Coley.

When you select Ireland for delivery it changes the price to 228 Euro on the Sonos website. They will also not dispatch until 4th June :(
    Hi Kenny - do I need to do anything more here?

-Coley.

thanks,
    -Coley.
    Hey Coley.

-Coley.
    Hi Coley.

We have been trying for a few days via phone to call you but get no answer.

We can need to finalise the payment and we can get it dispatched.

thanks,
    -Coley.
    Hey Coley.

-Coley.
    Hi Coley.

oops - details are still the same - PM sent :)

• Advertisement

thanks,
    -Coley.
    Hey Coley.

-Coley.
    Hi Coley.

oops - details are still the same - PM sent :)
    No problem Coley :)

Thanks arrived yesterday - neat little piece of kit.
    sound from it is impressive for its diminutive stature!!

Thanks again
    -Coley.

p.s.
    you'd never know I might be back for a 2nd one for a stereo pair outside once the weather cops itself on!

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks arrived yesterday - neat little piece of kit.
    sound from it is impressive for its diminutive stature!!

Thanks again
    -Coley.

p.s.
    you'd never know I might be back for a 2nd one for a stereo pair outside once the weather cops itself on!
    Thanks so much for getting back to us and glad to hear you like the Roam! They sound great for the size!

Hopefully this weather catches itself on soon!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I got my Roam and charger separately from Richersounds. Excellent delivery service. Nice bit of kit and my 7th Sonos unit. Yes, it is an addiction

I got my Roam and charger separately from Richersounds. Excellent delivery service. Nice bit of kit and my 7th Sonos unit. Yes, it is an addiction
    Thanks so much for the kind words Eggs For Dinner and hope you're enjoying the Roam as well!

Hi - me again :)

I'm back for a 2nd one to complete my stereo pair - can you give me a price please for another Sonos Roam?

Thanks

-Coley.

Thanks for the post coley!

I have had a look and I have no movement at all on the new Roams I'm afraid - I can include free shipping though if you wanted to go for the sterling price?

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Is that not more expensive than what Kenny quoted originally?

"The best price would be the current web price as the product has just been released.

Priced at 179 Euro delivered"

thanks

-Coley.

ok cool - can I nab one of those please?

-Coley.

• Advertisement

Hey Coley.

You can grab one via the link above or if you prefer we can drop you a call to finalise things up.

Cheers Coley :)

I'll get it shipped out on Monday.

Enjoy your weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Hi

If I ordered one of these today would it be delivered to Dublin by next Wednesday?

Hi Dave13.

If you ordered today it should be with you by Friday of this week :)

It would ship out via DPD on a next day service.

You can order direct via the link below:

Any issues let me know.

Hi Kenny

Tried ordering but payment seems to have an issue (tsys.arcot.com  took too long to respond). If you can confirm its not gone through i can try again

Hi Dave13.

Not sure what has happened but no order has came through unfortunately.

Give it another try and let me know if you still have no luck.

Went through this time, thanks

Thanks so much for the order dave13!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.