Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Prendep

jj880 wrote: »
    According to their facebook page they are offering click n collect starting tomorrow. You could ask if they have any if you are in collecting something else. As for when you will be able to drop into a store and pick a ps5 off the shelf its very hard to say.

What kind of voucher is it?

It’s a smyths gift voucher. Had I known when I bought it that you can’t use it for pre ordering I wouldn’t have got it! It was a Christmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Prendep wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea when smyths will be selling digital PS5 console? I’ve got a voucher to pay for one but unfortunately with buying online they don’t take the voucher !!!!

That's a joke.

Complete joke.When I purchased the voucher in store in December for €500 I asked the sales person about purchasing the console online and they said it could and never mentioned pre ordering is excluded. A Lot of money to be spending on a voucher not be mentioning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

You bought yourself a voucher to use to buy a ps5?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

But you aren't pre ordering. It's out now. I'd kick up a fuss. At least get the 500 put back on your card so you can buy it.

• Advertisement

OhHiMark wrote: »
    You bought yourself a voucher to use to buy a ps5?

No I didn’t buy myself a voucher to buy a PS5 !!!!!! I bought it for a family member as a Christmas present .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

I used my gift cards to buy my ps5 fine. As was said it's not on preorder anymore. You also can't use them to buy the digital games / PSN stuff using gift cards.

rizzla wrote: »
    I used my gift cards to buy my ps5 fine. As was said it's not on preorder anymore. You also can't use them to buy the digital games / PSN stuff using gift cards.

Hopefully it will work so when they go on sale again . When did you buy your PS5 with your voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Prendep wrote: »
    Hopefully it will work so when they go on sale again . When did you buy your PS5 with your voucher?

22nd of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭jj880

Just seeing this now.

People were able to ring into Argos this morning and get reservation numbers for PS5s.

Details of specific stores here: https://twitter.com/ps5_ireland

Be worth keepin an eye tomorrow morning for more click and collect stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Argos live now apparently, check the ps5 twitter.

All gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Does anyone know what the story is? Tried multiple sites (Currys, Smythes, Amazon etc.) but they all seem to be advertising it. No option to pre-order.

Stock is coming in for June so I'm guessing its first click first served.

Anyone have new info?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Can't answer your question but just in case you didn't know, there's a dedicated thread in the PS subforum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Unfortunately a lot of stores are just going to go first come, first server after the console has been released.

It isn't going to get any easier, supply drought apparently into 2022 and thats with them considering a re-design to make it easier to build.

Would suggest anyone interested keep an eye on the PS5 twitter and jump on the opportunity when it comes to it.

Calhoun wrote: »
    It isn't going to get any easier, supply drought apparently into 2022 and thats with them considering a re-design to make it easier to build.

Would suggest anyone interested keep an eye on the PS5 twitter and jump on the opportunity when it comes to it.

It's the chip I heard. It's impossible to get made.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    It's the chip I heard. It's impossible to get made.

You have to wonder how did they not see this happening prior to launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

Loughc wrote: »

Sony should have foreseen the Covid epidemic alright :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Goose81 wrote: »
    Sony should have foreseen the Covid epidemic alright :rolleyes:

Clearly I didn't know that's why the chip isn't being made.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Yes, they should have known that there was going to be a global pandemic and the subsequent disruption to supply lines that occurred. Tsk, Sony...

Edit: Goose81 beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

Clearly I didn't know that's why the chip isn't being made.... :rolleyes:

Is your reply sarcastic or honest, its hard to tell..

Its pretty obvious why there is a global shortage of chips in everything from cars to hoovers, not just consoles.

The chip issue has nothing got to do with Covid.

Former President Trump’s trade war with China has also been cited as a cause for chip shortages. A lot of manufacturing is done in mainland China, and last year the Trump administration placed restrictions on the country’s biggest chip manufacturer, Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC). SMIC was prevented from getting more advanced chip making equipment, which is preventing the company from running at full capacity.

Lots of places had them today from what i can see on twitter, hope those who were after them got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

SMC92Ian wrote:
    The chip issue has nothing got to do with Covid.

Yes it does. Your copy paste job is only part of one article.
    Manufacturing of the chips was massively affected for the past year, it's only recently become somewhat normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

RossieMan wrote: »
    Yes it does. Your copy paste job is only part of one article.
    Manufacturing of the chips was massively affected for the past year, it's only recently become somewhat normal.

The manufacturing of chips wasn't affected, that's not what is causing this shortage. Car production fell, leading to a semiconductor surplus and consumer technology demand increased during Covid so the surplus went into the production of phones, TVs, laptops, PlayStation 5's.. then car manufacturing jumped back, so they weren't ready for the demand. They're now chasing their tail and lagging behind demand, which they were always at risk of doing due to the intensive nature of making them and the rate of demand increasing, so it was going to happen regardless of Covid but Covid definitely sped things up.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Gamestop dropping at 2:30 today according to PS5 stock updates on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭recyclops

is the digital on the site or am I blind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Lots of people collecting PS5s in Currys Blanchardstown today.

Advertisement