Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Buying] new built greenway - kiltipper D24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Adolols

daithi_240 wrote: »
    Ah I'm probably just thinking too pessimisticly that any Tom dick and Harry can walk by your door / window or cause a bit of mischief and run straight into the alley way for a quick get away - but could be just over thinking the worst possible outcome!

Just seen a comment there from Fian saying he's never seen or heard of any trouble in that lane way which is good news.

It’s very difficult when making such a big decision, you want to make sure everything is as perfect as possible. It’s almost impossible to have it every way though. I know I’ve been questioning the fact we look over the football pitch so much.
    For what it’s worth I second what Fian said, Ellensborough is a nice estate too and there’s very little reason for anyone to be down that lane way really as it is off the beaten track.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Liffeyrumours

Ah I'm probably just thinking too pessimisticly that any Tom dick and Harry can walk by your door / window or cause a bit of mischief and run straight into the alley way for a quick get away - but could be just over thinking the worst possible outcome!

Just seen a comment there from Fian saying he's never seen or heard of any trouble in that lane way which is good news.

To be fair I'd feel the same way if it was a laneway and a thoroughfare for people all the time. But when you look on Google maps street view there's a "private road" sign up. I think it might be used for access to the park behind the care home too. Not ideal but we can live with it....I hope! As soon as I have confirmation on exactly what is planned I'll share it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 daithi_240

To be fair I'd feel the same way if it was a laneway and a thoroughfare for people all the time. But when you look on Google maps street view there's a "private road" sign up. I think it might be used for access to the park behind the care home too. Not ideal but we can live with it....I hope! As soon as I have confirmation on exactly what is planned I'll share it here.

Thank you and hopefully they don't put an entrance there and block it up with a wall or some nice trees! Other than that it looks like a fantastic house could literally have a game of hide and seek in it it's that big! I'm going to be hounding poor oul Paul for a cancellation of the phase 1 3 beds and for phase 2 so I have the fingers and toes crossed :) if I'm speaking to him tomorrow regarding the brochure / update on phase 2, I will post it here.

Thank you and hopefully they don't put an entrance there and block it up with a wall or some nice trees! Other than that it looks like a fantastic house could literally have a game of hide and seek in it it's that big! I'm going to be hounding poor oul Paul for a cancellation of the phase 1 3 beds and for phase 2 so I have the fingers and toes crossed :) if I'm speaking to him tomorrow regarding the brochure / update on phase 2, I will post it here.

Really hope it works out for you. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 blackswanie

just to add, this private road to " Kiltipper Woods Care Centre" is not busy at all, I have been there at least 5 times in the last 2 weeks, not much pedestrians noticed. everything were grand, most of them older people (looks residents of Kiltipper Woods Care Centr).

• Advertisement

I took a drive up there last night too. It seems like they're building units 4 - 8 and have the foundations down for units 2-3. But there's hardly any space for unit 1? I could be wrong - took me a while to figure out what went where! Hard to see in the pic but the closest house is number 4. (I think!)

Edit: I didn't mean this to sound like I was doubting whether they are following the plan. I'm sure they are and besides I know absolutely nothing about building! Just interesting to see how it progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hunterwise54

I took a drive up there last night too. It seems like they're building units 4 - 8 and have the foundations down for units 2-3. But there's hardly any space for unit 1? I could be wrong - took me a while to figure out what went where! Hard to see in the pic but the closest house is number 4. (I think!)

Edit: I didn't mean this to sound like I was doubting whether they are following the plan. I'm sure they are and besides I know absolutely nothing about building! Just interesting to see how it progresses.

I passed by the other day, if you are facing the development on the right hand side behind the gate it looks like a road but obviously thats not part of the plans so maybe unit 1 will be going there at some stage and at the moment its just being used for access. Hard to imagine it all done

I passed by the other day, if you are facing the development on the right hand side behind the gate it looks like a road but obviously thats not part of the plans so maybe unit 1 will be going there at some stage and at the moment its just being used for access. Hard to imagine it all done

You are right unit 1 should be on this temporarily road, looks it will be removed soon.

You will find a more updated image in suncalc or ESRI showing this temp road.

https://www.suncalc.org/#/53.2698,-6.3651,18.679842631022133/2021.07.07/14:44/12/1

someone might find this Architectural Design Statement useful
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/ViewDocument?fileId=5965180

just to add, this private road to " Kiltipper Woods Care Centre" is not busy at all, I have been there at least 5 times in the last 2 weeks, not much pedestrians noticed. everything were grand, most of them older people (looks residents of Kiltipper Woods Care Centr).

That's good news so! Ah to be fair it probably is a quiet lane way and from what I've heard the surrounding areas are always quiet and have no trouble so it is probably just myself over thinking and looking at worst case scenario but like one of the previous comments said, you can't have 10/10s things perfect!

I was just wondering if anyone has any contact regarding future appointments of these houses or previous developments as I'm not sure how it works as myself and GF have only started looking the past 2 weeks. She just showed me an email from the city west village development of a further 3 houses I think it was going up and for booking appointments and by the time she screenshot it and sent it me and wb to them (11 minutes later!) All of the bookings where gone!

I am just wondering due to the amount of interest regarding greenway, would the same be expected here or is that just the usual process of it or is covid affecting this also? I am just thinking is it first come first serve when the phase 2 houses are released or is it done by whoever contacted the agent first? Just curious is all so any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Nicoleh12

Hi me and my fiance have signed for one of the 3 bedroom houses on the first phase, we are so excited we are first time buyers and local to the area we cant wait to meet are new neighbours! I myself am from oldbawn tallaght only a 10 minute walk from greenway killtipper the location is perfect such a quiet road no traffic no trouble at all in the area and the estate beside it is a really well kept quiet family Estate. We take walks up most evenings they are full steam ahead with the builds they look great .

Nicoleh12 wrote: »
    Hi me and my fiance have signed for one of the 3 bedroom houses on the first phase, we are so excited we are first time buyers and local to the area we cant wait to meet are new neighbours! I myself am from oldbawn tallaght only a 10 minute walk from greenway killtipper the location is perfect such a quiet road no traffic no trouble at all in the area and the estate beside it is a really well kept quiet family Estate. We take walks up most evenings they are full steam ahead with the builds they look great .

Good to hear congrats! Was it only a couple of weeks ago that you signed for one if you don't mind me asking? just curious to see roughly when they all kind of sold out or where signed for. Thank you :)

I was just wondering if anyone has any contact regarding future appointments of these houses or previous developments as I'm not sure how it works as myself and GF have only started looking the past 2 weeks. She just showed me an email from the city west village development of a further 3 houses I think it was going up and for booking appointments and by the time she screenshot it and sent it me and wb to them (11 minutes later!) All of the bookings where gone!

I am just wondering due to the amount of interest regarding greenway, would the same be expected here or is that just the usual process of it or is covid affecting this also? I am just thinking is it first come first serve when the phase 2 houses are released or is it done by whoever contacted the agent first? Just curious is all so any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

Hi Daithi, don't have any info on that one for you - sorry. We were planning to start looking in 6 months and then last week we saw these and it all just happened so fast. So no experience with other developments. I take it they don't do waiting lists for the next phase? Just first come first served when they're announced? Maybe check with Paul the GVM about how and where they'll announce? Assume an email will go to everyone that registered or something? Did you say you were considering the 4 bed? Would you reconsider for the last unit? Best of luck with it, really hope it works out.

Nicoleh12 wrote: »

Congrats! It's great to hear about the area from a local. Everyone I've spoken to says the same thing. Really reassuring. Looking forward to meeting all next year. :)

Hi Daithi, don't have any info on that one for you - sorry. We were planning to start looking in 6 months and then last week we saw these and it all just happened so fast. So no experience with other developments. I take it they don't do waiting lists for the next phase? Just first come first served when they're announced? Maybe check with Paul the GVM about how and where they'll announce? Assume an email will go to everyone that registered or something? Did you say you were considering the 4 bed? Would you reconsider for the last unit? Best of luck with it, really hope it works out.

Hey no problem at all glad it's happening fast I hope the same thing happens here with us but I didn't want to be overly annoying Paul haha. We've looked at new builds in rathcoole, city west, Newcastle, leixlip and they all seem to be gone as there's such a high demand and no supply!

I will trying give Paul a call tomorrow to find out the details on the phase 2 3 beds and how it works. I really like the 4 beds and I wanted to put a deposit on unit 14 but the GF really wants a drive way like the 3 beds and she's the boss unfortunately haha depending on how the phase 2 and cancellations go, I might be able to persuade her on the 4 bed because I think the chances of getting a 3 bed are very slim from the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Adolols

Hey no problem at all glad it's happening fast I hope the same thing happens here with us but I didn't want to be overly annoying Paul haha. We've looked at new builds in rathcoole, city west, Newcastle, leixlip and they all seem to be gone as there's such a high demand and no supply!

I will trying give Paul a call tomorrow to find out the details on the phase 2 3 beds and how it works. I really like the 4 beds and I wanted to put a deposit on unit 14 but the GF really wants a drive way like the 3 beds and she's the boss unfortunately haha depending on how the phase 2 and cancellations go, I might be able to persuade her on the 4 bed because I think the chances of getting a 3 bed are very slim from the looks of things

I would say to ring him again and just emphasise your interest. He will put you on the mailing list then and just have your email alert on. If phase 2 was houses 1-26 (as previously stated on this by someone), that means the next phase will have a heap of 3 bed semis (judging by the plans. They’ll also have lots south facing gardens.

The rate these houses seem to be flying up, the next phase mightnt be long after. Best of luck.

Hi all,

Just an update from speaking to Paul today. He noted they are still working on the brochure and that phase 1 consists of units 1 to 26 now after adding the additional 11 units due to demand. These will more than likely be built for Q1 2022. They are unsure of phase 2, when it will launch and how many unit's will be in it due to the developer unsure of what the prices will be ( did mention roughly that they will be €15,000 more expensive than phase 1 for the 3 beds).

He also noted that phase 2 launch for a guesstimate would be in the next few months, so I am assuming these units won't be built until July or August of next year (he wasn't sure at all). There is currently a couple looking at unit 14 and looking to bid on it by the end of the week so more than likely this will also be sold meaning phase 1 is completely sold.

Just an update anyways from our conversations with Paul this afternoon. If anyone has any further feedback or conversations, it would be great. Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Worth87

Thank you for setting up this page, great idea! We have put down a deposit on the which we thought was the phase 2 but can see how it is in phase 1 😊 just wondering has anyone been told anything about the back gardens? We were told roughly 11x8 but judging from what they have done so far they don’t look big at all? Also on our price list we received it said 115m2 but on another price list I saw it says 113m2 I know it’s not that much of a difference but would like to know what size we will actually get, or how much smaller would it be when it’s actually built?! Really exciting to think that we hopefully will be neighbours. We are local ourselves and have never heard of anything bad about the area, ellensbourgh is a lovely area too. Our house will be right beside the pitch so we were just a bit worried about the flood lights and noise at night especially because we have young children but I’ve heard they stop training early enough.

Worth87 wrote: »
    Thank you for setting up this page, great idea! We have put down a deposit on the which we thought was the phase 2 but can see how it is in phase 1 �� just wondering has anyone been told anything about the back gardens? We were told roughly 11x8 but judging from what they have done so far they don’t look big at all? Also on our price list we received it said 115m2 but on another price list I saw it says 113m2 I know it’s not that much of a difference but would like to know what size we will actually get, or how much smaller would it be when it’s actually built?! Really exciting to think that we hopefully will be neighbours. We are local ourselves and have never heard of anything bad about the area, ellensbourgh is a lovely area too. Our house will be right beside the pitch so we were just a bit worried about the flood lights and noise at night especially because we have young children but I’ve heard they stop training early enough.

congratulations :)

I have asked about the garden size and Paul was not sure exactly about the size of the garden and told me that he will need to check with the developer, but I didn't got a reply, however I have measured it using the site plan pdf provided and I believe I got near accurate results.

congratulations :)

I have asked about the garden size and Paul was not sure exactly about the size of the garden and told me that he will need to check with the developer, but I didn't got a reply, however I have measured it using the site plan pdf provided and I believe I got near accurate results.

Just for anyone might find it helpful, this is how I have measured the garden size:

You could open the site plan PDF with the Adobe Acrobat reader , then in tools / select measure / select snap type to measure (distance or area)

click on anywhere in the pdf to start measuring then (mouse right click) and select Change scale Ratio and precision

enter Scale Ratio : 1 mm = 250 mm

or 1 mm = 50 depend on which file you use (site plan or house type floor plan pdf).

scale of the site plan PDF is 1:250
    scale of the floor plan pdfs is 1:50

you can then literally measure distance or area of anything on the map, including gardens, house space, walls, streets,driveway, etc.

This way is depend on accuracy of site plan/floor plan provided which I believe it should be at least near real figures.

Also:

you can measure how far your house will be from the side of the development and from Kiltipper road then estimate your house location in compare to the nearest flood light using google earth or ESRI map

https://earth.google.com/web/search/Kiltipper,+County+Dublin/@53.26922799,-6.36438472,111.60022339a,532.08189055d,35y,0h,0t,0r/data=CigiJgokCfja4pGNpEpAEaNdw4YipEpAGbL2WI2izBjAIRfLBfNS1xjA

more info about pdf measurement: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/grids-guides-measurements-pdfs.html

• Advertisement

Just for anyone might find it helpful, this is how I have measured the garden size:

You could open the site plan PDF with the Adobe Acrobat reader , then in tools / select measure / select snap type to measure (distance or area)

click on anywhere in the pdf to start measuring then (mouse right click) and select Change scale Ratio and precision

or 1 mm = 50 depend on which file you use (site plan or house type floor plan pdf).

you can then literally measure distance or area of anything on the map, including gardens, house space, walls, streets,driveway, etc.

This way is depend on accuracy of site plan/floor plan provided which I believe it should be at least near real figures.

Also:

you can measure how far your house will be from the side of the development and from Kiltipper road then estimate your house location in compare to the nearest flood light using google earth or ESRI map

https://earth.google.com/web/search/Kiltipper,+County+Dublin/@53.26922799,-6.36438472,111.60022339a,532.08189055d,35y,0h,0t,0r/data=CigiJgokCfja4pGNpEpAEaNdw4YipEpAGbL2WI2izBjAIRfLBfNS1xjA

more info about pdf measurement: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/grids-guides-measurements-pdfs.html

This is amazing! Thanks so much. Will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GarrethOR

Hi All,

Just a quick update, Drove by Saturday evening. Seems like they are flying along with the builds. I can't attach image I took as I am a new user.
    Has anyone found out the size of the gardens?

Thanks

GarrethOR wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just a quick update, Drove by Saturday evening. Seems like they are flying along with the builds. I can't attach image I took as I am a new user.
    Has anyone found out the size of the gardens?

Thanks

Thanks GarrethOR for the update, please see my post above about how to calculate garden size.

From the logo on the houses they are using prefabricated timber frame from IJM https://ijmtimberframe.com/ which is a way faster than traditional building techniques so hopefully they should be able to deliver on schedule.

Also:

@blackswanie - this worked so well. Measurements equated to almost exactly the area quoted on the floor plans. Really useful exercise. We were pleasantly surprised by some measurements whereas other spaces were a little smaller than we had anticipated. But overall happy with everything. Thanks again. :)

@blackswanie - this worked so well. Measurements equated to almost exactly the area quoted on the floor plans. Really useful exercise. We were pleasantly surprised by some measurements whereas other spaces were a little smaller than we had anticipated. But overall happy with everything. Thanks again. :)

You are welcome, I have created a group on FB, it might be easier to discuss and share photos there (search for greenwaykiltipper).

You are welcome, I have created a group on FB, it might be easier to discuss and share photos there (search for greenwaykiltipper).

Great idea. Can't find it in search. Could you post or PM the link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hunterwise54

Does anyone know what going on over the far side of the road? Think its directly across from the astro. Construction gates up, diggers and lots of muck 🀔 couldnt see any planning lodged on the sdcc website

Does anyone know what going on over the far side of the road? Think its directly across from the astro. Construction gates up, diggers and lots of muck 🀔 couldnt see any planning lodged on the sdcc website

Not sure about this one. I've a friend who's very involved in Thomas Davis so I'll try and get some info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Does anyone know what going on over the far side of the road? Think its directly across from the astro. Construction gates up, diggers and lots of muck �� couldnt see any planning lodged on the sdcc website

It's a new full sized pitch for Thomas Davis. They had a pitch where Greenway is being built now which is popping across the road! The new estate is in a nice spot (we're up the road in Marlfield) and the walk through Kiltipper Park and up to the reservoir is really nice. Good to be able to go from built up to nature so quickly.

For info, our kids are in St Maelruans primary in Old Bawn and are happy there. Both are in Thomas Davis (it's a great setup) and little fella (6) is in the Tallaght Rugby Club academy which is just down the road on the Firhouse Road.

Simon

Advertisement