Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billie eilish - Major Grammy winner

Options

Comments

That’s not manufactured

Funny you say it’s a myth and then literally say it isn’t

Believe it if you want..

It's bullsh1t though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭jackboy

That’s not manufactured

Funny you say it’s a myth and then literally say it isn’t

That is literally manufactured.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jackboy wrote: »
    That is literally manufactured.
    It most definitely isn’t , you’re confusing manufactured music with shrewd PR .

Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen have shrewd PR are they manufactured too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

sabat wrote: »
    January 2020...

Hard to believe it's around that long

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/fashion-beauty/article/3047743/going-viral-billie-eilish-all-gucci-grammy-awards-nails
    branding was evident from her nails to her face mask – did she have the Wuhan coronavirus in mind?

Believe it if you want..

It's bullsh1t though..

Bull**** that she made an album with her brother? The chap is a songwriter

• Advertisement

It most definitely isn’t , you’re confusing manufactured music with shrewd PR .

Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen have shrewd PR are they manufactured too?

In my opinion she in manufactured. I haven’t seen a strict definition so if you disagree that is fine. I wouldn’t put her in the same sentence as Dylan.

In my opinion she in manufactured. I haven’t seen a strict definition so if you disagree that is fine. I wouldn’t put her in the same sentence as Dylan.

Opinions aren’t required, I stated a fact that you said was bull**** and now you’re saying it’s your opinion

The angry men of Boards have given Greta a break and are now taking out their pent up rage on another young wan.

Opinions aren’t required, I stated a fact that you said was bull**** and now you’re saying it’s your opinion

Were they facts?

It’s hardly relevant anyway. The important thing is she is bland. Her success is based on being pushed by the Industry, rather than due to a special talent. The public have gone bananas for a lot worse than her. It’s manipulation.

I can give you a definition

Did herself and finneas write and produce the debut album ? If the answer is yes then she’s an artist and by no means manufactured

• Advertisement

Were they facts?

It’s hardly relevant anyway. The important thing is she is bland. Her success is based on being pushed by the Industry, rather than due to a special talent. The public have gone bananas for a lot worse than her. It’s manipulation.

I’d argue her success is down to being very good at her chosen career

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Did herself and finneas write and produce the debut album ? If the answer is yes then she’s an artist and by no means manufactured

That's not even her real hat

I’m talking about her not her brother. With regard to what she brings to the table it makes no difference if her brother did what he did or a total stranger.

I’m talking about her not her brother. With regard to what she brings to the table it makes no difference if her brother did what he did or a total stranger.

You’re starting to embarrass yourself now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Ok. So what was wrong with the outfit. I don’t like green hair dye myself but you seem thoroughly shocked by the whole thing.

You don't even for a millisecond go "here wait a minute..." when you see someone wearing something that specific just before all this kicked off? Literally the exact thing that just months later was made compulsory? And to which the strongest adherence seems to be amongst teenage girls and young women?

You’re starting to embarrass yourself now

Trust me, in a few years time you will look back on your Bilie Eilish phase and be embarrassed for yourself.

You don't even for a millisecond go "here wait a minute..." when you see someone wearing something that specific just before all this kicked off? Literally the exact thing that just months later was made compulsory? And to which the strongest adherence seems to be amongst teenage girls and young women?

Asian folk have been wearing face masks for yonks.

Trust me, in a few years time you will look back on your Bilie Eilish phase and be embarrassed for yourself.

Don’t go choosing the subject of music on mastermind

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Asian folk have been wearing face masks for yonks.

Brad Pitt wears one in the movie ‘The Big Short’. Well, his character does.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

I'm struggling to understand your point here, could you clarify?

• Advertisement

If you don’t have a strict definition of what manufacturerd means then your opinion of her being manufactured is worthless.

This is pure tin foil hat territory. I don’t even know what your are trying to say.

circadian wrote: »
    I'm struggling to understand your point here, could you clarify?

Something about big pharma

fvp4 wrote: »
    If you don’t have a strict definition of what manufacturerd means then your opinion of her being manufactured is worthless

No bother.

Everything on this thread is nothing but an opinion, even that claimed to be ‘facts’.

No bother.

Everything on this thread is nothing but an opinion, even that claimed to be ‘facts’.

Do you know what manufactured means in this context ?

Brought my 10 yo and her friend last night , some show. Big league performance , Kate bush level movement onstage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Yeesh. I haven’t heard everything she’s done, but Bad Guy is just hilarious to me. Lots of little musical in-jokes like the OTT bassline and the pedestrian crossing sound. From what I’ve seen they’re both very grounded and not getting caught up in the pop star lifestyle, at least partly because their parents are still very much involved and able to call them out on any BS.

Fun Fact: both of Billie’s parents have been part-time actors, and both had small parts in The West Wing at different times.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭amacca

That song bad guy doesn't for it for me anyway......

I hear so many people saying its magnificent and shes incredibly talented etc....Anyone explain whats so great about that song from a technical perspective or whatever perspective I'm missing.

Perhaps it makes sense as I suspect I have f all musical talent despite spending a lot if time listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ericfartman

Class. If that's not talent I don't know what is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

She got her break by bypassing the industry though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I said Bad Guy was hilarious for various reasons, not that I think it’s some towering technical achievement, but there is some very interesting stuff going on nonetheless. They broke it down for Rolling Stone magazine:

It is what it is, no need for straw man attacks.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement