Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

Enjoy! Classic tube with some hilarious lyrics. ;)

Man I always loved that tune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I actually feel bad for Doncic, get this man a better all star beside him and some better role players and Dallas could have made the finals this year

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

jk23 wrote: »
    I actually feel bad for Doncic, get this man a better all star beside him and some better role players and Dallas could have made the finals this year

Yeah Porzingis hasn't worked out. Luka will need to better his conditioning though. He turned up fat at the start of the season and he's always carried a few extra pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

jk23 wrote: »

Likewise. He’s probably my favourite player to watch, possibly even more than Curry (they’re 1 and 2, no question). They’re not far away tbh, one or two trades/moves etc. Doncic is truly elite.

To be fair to him, Trae Young was also elite tonight, and has been throughout the Play Offs to date. Great win for ATL tonight. Can’t help but think about Bogdonovic on the Bucks though.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Yeah Porzingis hasn't worked out. Luka will need to better his conditioning though. He turned up fat at the start of the season and he's always carried a few extra pounds.

Ya I always kind of thought he looked a bit heavy I think it benefits him sometime pushing players away!!

Some talent when he has the ball, his vision and decision making is already elite.

• Advertisement

Likewise. He’s probably my favourite player to watch, possibly even more than Curry (they’re 1 and 2, no question). They’re not far away tbh, one or two trades/moves etc. Doncic is truly elite.

To be fair to him, Trae Young was also elite tonight, and has been throughout the Play Offs to date. Great win for ATL tonight. Can’t help but think about Bogdonovic on the Bucks though.

Bogdanovic was very good wasn't he apart from the turnover at the end...great shooter as well. Hawks really surprised me. Gallanari and Huerter are two sharpshooters with trae as well

It's scary to think Doncic is just 22. Once he tightens up his free throws, sheds the excess fat and continues to get craftier he's going to put together some never seen before seasons. I wonder will it be on the Mavs though.

He's some player. I'm delighted Trae is with the Hawks though, I think he's the perfect guy for the team and I'm still holding my stock on Reddish. If nothing else he's going to be great defender but his ceiling is sky high. I genuinely think it was a win-win trade even if Luka looks like he could end up a top 10/20 player of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,274 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Doncic is incredible. I take the point about maybe being in better visible shape (though I think this is territory where our eyes often deceive us), but what he put up in this series should have been good enough if the no.2 option even had a mild pulse

Saw a tweet that Doncic scored or assisted on 77 points last night, which is the most by any player in NBA Play Off Game 7 history. Insane.

1. 76rs Vs Washington: 76rs in 5 Right team, right score

2. Bucks Vs Heat: Bucks in 6Right team, wrong score

3. Brooklyn Vs Celtics: Brooklyn in 4 (As a Celtics fan this kills me) Right team, wrong score

4. Knicks Vs Hawks: Hawks in 6 (Honestly this is so close I wouldn't be surprised if either won) Right team, wrong score

5. Utah Vs Memphis: Utah in 4 Right team, wrong score

6. LA Clippers Vs Mavericks: Clippers in 6 Right team, wrong score

7. LA Lakers Vs Phoenix: Suns in 6 (I don't think the Lakers are fit, that's my logic. If Lakers were fit, I'd be on them 100%) Right team, right score

8. Denver Nuggets Vs Trailblazers: Blazers in 6 (With Murray out this is there for Portland Wrong team, right score

Bit late for this but I'm not changing my predictions after the openers (honestly! it'll be obvious anyway as I picked 76ers and Bucks who both lost their Game 1s):

EAST:
    1. 76ers v Hawks 76ers in 7 If Embiid isn't fully fit this is Hawks in 6 so I'm banking on him being fit

2. Nets v Bucks Bucks in 6 I just fancy the Bucks. Might be heart over head but we'll see.

WEST:
    3. Suns v Denver Suns in 6 Jokic is the best player but Suns far too strong at Guard position

4. Utah v Clippers Utah in 6 I'm still not convinced by the Clippers. Dallas were a one man team and they struggled with them, Utah are a real team and very deep.

• Advertisement

Didn’t see it but from the scoreline Brooklyn beat the crap out of the Bucks.

In the 4th and the Suns look like they’re going to take Game 1.

Giannis at risk of wasting his career in Milwaukee.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,122 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, I thought they had a nice playoff team but it's not looking good now.

When Dallas beat the Clippers by 50+ at the start of the season I said I had never seen that in my 35+ years plus of watching and following the NBA closely. That was very early in he season and you could rationalize it to a degree. The Bucks were down 49 at one stage last night in a Play Off game. That is just unforgiveable.

When Dallas beat the Clippers by 50+ at the start of the season I said I had never seen that in my 35+ years plus of watching and following the NBA closely. That was very early in he season and you could rationalize it to a degree. The Bucks were down 49 at one stage last night in a Play Off game. That is just unforgiveable.

All while Brooklyn are missing James Harden. Something seriously wrong there.

Coneygree wrote: »
    All while Brooklyn are missing James Harden. Something seriously wrong there.

I’d like to think it’s an outlier, but if you watched that game it’s frightening because Brooklyn were not only the better offensive team, but they were significantly better defensively as well. If they play like that or even close to that it’s not even going to be close, they will walk not only this series and the Conf. Finals but the Finals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Giannis at risk of wasting his career in Milwaukee.

He is still very young to be fair and I like the fact he is trying to make it work at the Bucks, I don’t think his contract will stop him leaving whenever he wants either.

• Philadelphia did their best to throw that away and still won by 16 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Utah v Clippers with one of the most enjoyable play off games so far this post season. Gonna be a great series.

He is still very young to be fair and I like the fact he is trying to make it work at the Bucks, I don’t think his contract will stop him leaving whenever he wants either.

Signed for four more years. Will make huge money, but a player like him is likely to see his best before he’s 30. It’s a waste, as much as people like the idea of it.

• Advertisement

Hunter has done his knee again and will get surgery. Series is basically over now. Gutted for Hunter and it is worrying for his long term health. He's a really good player, he's been like Kawhi lite this year when healthy.

Signed for four more years. Will make huge money, but a player like him is likely to see his best before he’s 30. It’s a waste, as much as people like the idea of it.

I thought it was 5 but my point was that he can still move before that if he really wants, this has been highlighted the past few seasons.
    I would counter such sweeping statements with do you think Dirk wasted his career ?

I thought it was 5 but my point was that he can still move before that if he really wants, this has been highlighted the past few seasons.
    I would counter such sweeping statements with do you think Dirk wasted his career ?

Last year is a player option.

And I’d counter with KG wasn’t winning a title in Minneapolis if he’d have stayed on.

It would be easy to say the Bucks need to do a better job building the mix around him but Giannis + role players is a difficult mix to get right, maybe an impossible one. Anyway the die is cast. They can’t run this back so not sure what they’ll do in the off-season tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

And I’d counter with KG wasn’t winning a title in Minneapolis if he’d have stayed on.

It would be easy to say the Bucks need to do a better job building the mix around him but Giannis + role players is a difficult mix to get right, maybe an impossible one. Anyway the die is cast. They can’t run this back so not sure what they’ll do in the off-season tbh.

the Bucks are still in this years playoffs ...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,122 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's kinda obvious what the Bucks need and it's outside shooters. They are pathetic on the outside. You've got a guy who can take it all the way to the basket and you get yourself a couple of decent shooters on the outside and Giannis will get you 40+ regularly and the days he doesn't do that you'll have 20+ from your outside shooters.

2smiggy wrote: »
    the Bucks are still in this years playoffs ...

They are and they aren’t :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

They are and they aren’t :)

there is still hope, just about !!

So he has until he reaches his 30s to join a legit contender :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Amazing how quick sentiment changes. A few days ago the Bucks were a much improved team on previous years with genuine title hopes. Now they are a hapless bunch handicapping Giannis' career..

Its reactionary media on steroids this year, I've never seen anything quite like it. I'm actively avoiding the usual channels I would follow and have watched a few games with no commentary.

• Advertisement

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Amazing how quick sentiment changes. A few days ago the Bucks were a much improved team on previous years with genuine title hopes. Now they are a hapless bunch handicapping Giannis' career..

Its reactionary media on steroids this year, I've never seen anything quite like it. I'm actively avoiding the usual channels I would follow and have watched a few games with no commentary.

I don't remember saying the Bucks looked like title contenders. Butler was a no show and Miami in general were really bad.

Irrespective, they have been run off the court the first two games of the series. There should be a reaction to a team slipping 50 behind in a playoff game. And the Bucks don't have injury issues to cornerstone players to hide behind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement