Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Think tomorrow I will buy some Baba, CMP and ViacomCBS. Tempted to top up shell and telefonica. JustEat another on list.

Opened Viacom and telefonica today from selling FROG with 13% profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Christ what happened tremor today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Exited PLTR at bep. Could go on and explode from here but I just realised I don't really know enough about the business to keep holding it. Defo one of my weaker conviction positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

bish76 wrote: »
    Opened Viacom and telefonica today from selling FROG with 13% profit.

Still plan on buying viac but went telefonica and justeat today. Telefonica topup for me. Justeat a new position. Looking at new positiond in Vertex, Viac, Baba and Shell is one I have but looking to add to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

buyer95 wrote: »

The UK pricing roughly fell in line with the US pricing when it listed on the NASDAQ today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

cc87 wrote: »
    The UK pricing roughly fell in line with the US pricing when it listed on the NASDAQ today.

They just don't like dual-listing/IPOs this year. DDDD being the nearest example that comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

buyer95 wrote: »

The price they listed on US was less than UK, announced it last night. Resulted in the UK share price dropping to the US price. As I see it, they did it so that they could issue new shares without impacting the market cap. And at the same time, the new Nasdaq investors are attracted to a cheaper company. Long term it will work out, but tonight I feel a little pissed off for doubling down at the only price on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭cmssjone

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The price they listed on US was less than UK, announced it last night. Resulted in the UK share price dropping to the US price. As I see it, they did it so that they could issue new shares without impacting the market cap. And at the same time, the new Nasdaq investors are attracted to a cheaper company. Long term it will work out, but tonight I feel a little pissed off for doubling down at the only price on Thursday

Same thing happened to me. Very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Kilboor wrote: »
    Still holding Providence Resources (down 20% or so) and ANVS (up eh... a lot )

I doubled down tgere(pr)..not sure if it was the right move

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jake frost

Hi just wondering for anyone's thoughts on Jamie {Irish Guy} from mywallst. I see he is doing a free webcast next Thursday giving advice on stocks. I thought mywallst was a US site, but maybe i was wrong, any advice welcome..

Sorry. His name is Emmet Savage not Jamie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

jake frost wrote: »
    Hi just wondering for anyone's thoughts on Jamie {Irish Guy} from mywallst. I see he is doing a free webcast next Thursday giving advice on stocks. I thought mywallst was a US site, but maybe i was wrong, any advice welcome..

Sorry. His name is Emmet Savage not Jamie.

I'm pretty sure MyWallSt was started by two Irish lads, and are an Irish Company, but they deal with exclusively with American shares.

If you have the time the free workshop is definitely worth a look, especially if you are only new(ish) to the stock market. Even if your not, its free so theirs no risk :pac:

Anyone here in $SGTX?

Gene therapy pharma company, IPO’d in December. Hit $54 in January and now at 10. Seems to have potential to go somewhere, very oversold and might pop with any positive news.

Need to look into them more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jake frost

sirboby wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure MyWallSt was started by two Irish lads, and are an Irish Company, but they deal with exclusively with American shares.

If you have the time the free workshop is definitely worth a look, especially if you are only new(ish) to the stock market. Even if your not, its free so theirs no risk :pac:

Thanks, yes i did their online workshop last year, they are doing a free webinar next Thursday, ill listen into it to see if i can learn anything, their content is usually to a high enough standard and they seem to be straight talkers.

More info on PSTH merger in a new presentation here:
    https://pstontine.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Pershing-Square-Tontine-Holdings-Transaction-Overview_vFinal.pdf

Big week ahead with Vivendi shareholders set to vote, should see more PR around PSTH after that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Brought into tremor international at 650. Wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

I am being so lucky this year in comparison with the sh*t 2020. Got TRCH last week and it is 40% on pre market.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

Hi,
    My Degiro account is displaying non tradable shares for Datalex and Open Orphan. Does anyone know what that means?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

pitrn wrote: »
    Hi,
    My Degiro account is displaying non tradable shares for Datalex and Open Orphan. Does anyone know what that means?

were they LSE listed and now untradeable there due to brexit?

I had some that I had to move to ISE to allow trading again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Hi,

Open Orphan has spun out some of its non core business into a sudsidiary called Poolbeg Pharma. These shares will not be fully tradeable for about 9 months and will show up in your Degiro account as "Open Orphan - non tradeable" in the meantime. There was a press release and various media articles. For every 3 shares of Open Orphan you held, you get 1 free share of Poolbeg.

Das Reich wrote: »
    I am being so lucky this year in comparison with the sh*t 2020. Got TRCH last week and it is 40% on pre market.

TRCH going to open very strong today.... What are holders on here going to do? Sell out with maybe 100% profit today or tomorrow... or wait for the dividends etc.

BTW : Big thanks, to mf310 who recommended it here some time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

Once again why I avoid Chinese stocks. At any day the Prc could decide they don't like something or someone and just destroy its value.
    Have no real exposure to crypto except mode, watching current price action.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/21/bitcoin-btc-price-drops-on-china-crypto-mining-crackdown.html

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

jams100 wrote: »
    Once again why I avoid Chinese stocks. At any day the Prc could decide they don't like something or someone and just destroy its value.
    Have no real exposure to crypto except mode, watching current price action.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/21/bitcoin-btc-price-drops-on-china-crypto-mining-crackdown.html

Wait till tether blows up.. price discovery will be interesting then.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Open Orphan has spun out some of its non core business into a sudsidiary called Poolbeg Pharma. These shares will not be fully tradeable for about 9 months and will show up in your Degiro account as "Open Orphan - non tradeable" in the meantime. There was a press release and various media articles. For every 3 shares of Open Orphan you held, you get 1 free share of Poolbeg.

Thank you so much, where did you find this update?

Thank you so much, where did you find this update?

It's all over the various new outlets

Eg.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/health-pharma/open-orphan-spin-out-poolbeg-pharma-to-list-on-london-market-1.4595948

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Shopify has been on a rampage the last month or so. Monster of a stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

WHAT THE FCUK IS GOING ON WITH WISH?

I was browsing wsb to get in on the next pump. Bought at the open and now it's up 20% today??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

WHAT THE FCUK IS GOING ON WITH WISH?

I was browsing wsb to get in on the next pump. Bought at the open and now it's up 20% today??

Just the next meme stock on reddit

Treppen wrote: »
    Just the next meme stock on reddit

Talk about perfect timing, wanted to throw fun money at a meme stock to get in on the action. Pity my iptv sub is up I'd love to hear cnbc's take on it

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Talk about perfect timing, wanted to throw fun money at a meme stock to get in on the action. Pity my iptv sub is up I'd love to hear cnbc's take on it

https://www.livenewsnow.com/american/cnbc-america.html

(Remove if not allowed. Grey area)

• Advertisement

pioneerpro wrote: »

Thank you kind stranger! It's bookmarked now so you can delete it if you don't want trouble :)

Advertisement