Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,622 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Just went to check on my order. Cancelled. No reason. Can't reorder, it fails, no reason. I'm just giving up at this point. That website never works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Flinty997 wrote: »
    Just went to check on my order. Cancelled. No reason. Can't reorder, it fails, no reason. I'm just giving up at this point. That website never works for me.

That happened to me, I used Chromium and got an email saying the order was succesful on Friday. I have an order number, but when I try to check it, I get this error:

Screenshot-2021-06-08-at-17-42-11-Phones-Ireland-Track-Your-Order-Online-From-Ireland-s-Leading-Mo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,622 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Phone turned up today. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

I take it the pixel 4a 4g is no longer on sale @€;180, I see no option to add code when checking out.

It is not really confirmed so I have to ask.

The lips wrote: »
    I take it the pixel 4a 4g is no longer on sale @€;180, I see no option to add code when checking out.

It is not really confirmed so I have to ask.

No voucher, it's 279 whereas the 4a 5g is 329

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

Badly fukt wrote: »
    No voucher, it's 279 whereas the 4a 5g is 329

Worth it? I think not. That the best price around for this phone. Was lucky to get one for 170 for family, now looking for another one but don't really mind paying 279

KilOit wrote: »
    Worth it? I think not. That the best price around for this phone. Was lucky to get one for 170 for family, now looking for another one but don't really mind paying 279

I don't think it's worth it at 279 when the 4a 5g is 329, is a much better phone, bigger screen, faster CPU, bigger battery, better camera. I liked the 4a, it's a very decent miss range phone but found it much too small

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Pixel 4a is the perfect size imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

Have the 4a over a month now, got it eventually throught the €179 Vodafone offer despite a lot of hassle getting the tranaction sorted.

Must say its been brilliant for the price, not much i'm not happy with. I'd never had a smartphone outside of iPhone's so my biggest worry was switching to android. After 2 or 3 days was well used to it. Best move i ever made instead of forking out €450 for the cheapest iPhone that was available sim free

Biggest change for me is battery life. Its only now i fully realise how shocking the iPhone battery life is, i knew no better for last 10 years
    Its a pleasure now not to worry about battery shooting down and going dead in middle of day

On the experience so far i can easily see myself sticking with a Google phone as my next purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭joficeduns1

The Android 12 beta is quite good on the 4a, really enjoying the new interface from Google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 gallygof

Is the Pixel 4a unlocked when buying from vodafone.?I purchased the 3a about a year ago and it was unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭DopeTech

gallygof wrote: »
    Is the Pixel 4a unlocked when buying from vodafone.?I purchased the 3a about a year ago and it was unlocked.

Yes, pixels are always unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

The Android 12 beta is quite good on the 4a, really enjoying the new interface from Google.

Agreed but the current iteration is very glitchy. For example if you use a PIN to unlock your screen the keypad does not stay visible once you take your finger off.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭joficeduns1

bromley52 wrote: »
    Agreed but the current iteration is very glitchy. For example if you use a PIN to unlock your screen the keypad does not stay visible once you take your finger off.

That could be annoying definitely. I'm having some Bluetooth connectivity issues, but it's possible it's the speaker and not the phone as it works in the car fine. The beta isn't without bugs, as expected. Looking forward to further iterations.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Warbeastrior

Is there still the deal of €100 off if switching to Vodafone. Could get a free sim and swap if there phone is unlocked.

Is there still the deal of €100 off if switching to Vodafone. Could get a free sim and swap if there phone is unlocked.

No, and you didn't need to port numbers when it was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

big_drive wrote: »
    Have the 4a over a month now, got it eventually throught the €179 Vodafone offer despite a lot of hassle getting the tranaction sorted.

Must say its been brilliant for the price, not much i'm not happy with. I'd never had a smartphone outside of iPhone's so my biggest worry was switching to android. After 2 or 3 days was well used to it. Best move i ever made instead of forking out €450 for the cheapest iPhone that was available sim free

Biggest change for me is battery life. Its only now i fully realise how shocking the iPhone battery life is, i knew no better for last 10 years
    Its a pleasure now not to worry about battery shooting down and going dead in middle of day

On the experience so far i can easily see myself sticking with a Google phone as my next purchase

That's surprising, the battery life is the thing I'm least impressed with the 4a.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Alkers wrote: »
    That's surprising, the battery life is the thing I'm least impressed with the 4a.

Yeah but you're not comparing it to an iPhone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭LillyIsland

Is this the best phone to get at the moment in this price range?

Edit: Just saw that it's now at €279, any reccommendations for a sub €200 phone?

Is this the best phone to get at the moment in this price range?

Edit: Just saw that it's now at €279, any reccommendations for a sub €200 phone?
    A few mentioned in this thread
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057892570

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

So the Pixel 4a 5g from Vodafone seems a pretty good deal too? Seems like it's also unlocked? Thanks

So the Pixel 4a 5g from Vodafone seems a pretty good deal too? Seems like it's also unlocked? Thanks

Yep, at €329 it's €180 cheaper than Google and most where else I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Suckit wrote: »
    :D Sounds familiar..

Yeah, I'll go with the internet so, and a little more confident now too. Thanks guys. Going for it tomorrow. :yay:

Hi, was the 4A 5G unlocked? Thanks

Hi, was the 4A 5G unlocked? Thanks
    Yep, unlocked when it arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Ordered the Pixel 4a 5g yesterday and get error when try and track, no stock in ANY shop so had to go delivery and didnt setup an account

I wont hold my breath after some horror stories here (even have bookmarked a case to be ordered if when it comes)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Warbeastrior

What does the 5G aspect of the 4a 5G mean?
    Like what if there is no 5G around where you live or does most places have it now?
    Is it just like a 5G compatible phone?

What does the 5G aspect of the 4a 5G mean?
    Like what if there is no 5G around where you live or does most places have it now?
    Is it just like a 5G compatible phone?
    Yep, it means it can connect to 5G when available.
    But if you are looking at that as a decision maker, the phone itself is closer to the Google Pixel 5(XL) than it is to the 4A.
    It has the 5 camera and cpu.
    I am pretty sure the 5 custom roms (if you wanted to go that route) can be installed on the 4A 5G too, albeit with some minor bugs.

Phone came this morning (just left in the porch, no ring bell and wait nothing)

Trying to find a case now, most seem to be sold out an not paying nearly E50 to google

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

jeffk wrote: »
    Phone came this morning (just left in the porch, no ring bell and wait nothing)

Trying to find a case now, most seem to be sold out an not paying nearly E50 to google

Amazon less than a tenner with a glass protector

• Advertisement

rizzee wrote: »
    Amazon less than a tenner with a glass protector

I looked and looked and ended up a Spigen Liquid Air , great reviews on it (gomobio only place in stick so hopefully none of the issues others had) none in stock and amazon want like E7 import on stuff now

Never had success putting on or having a screen protector, always got bubbles etc

Advertisement