Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

This looks like the same one still available direct from De'Longhi

https://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/esam2800-sb-ex-1-caffe-corso-automatic-coffee-maker/p/ESAM2800.SB%20EX%3A1?tduid=f60fe5d500cf0459b0dfde76fff696c8&utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=ES_Delonghi_affiliate_always-on_purchase&utm_term=2434087&utm_content=1

OFFER WHEN YOU BUY DIRECT:

Add a FREE Coffee Care Kit to your basket when you purchase this machine. Offer worth £30.99. Kit contains everything you need to care for your machine, including: 1 water filter*, 200ml EcoDecalk descaler, 250ml EcoMultiClean, 1 Microfibre cloth, 1 water hardness strip.

Doesn't deliver to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭RonTon

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00400OMU0/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_3BH2WR97GJPE95PF9GSJ
    Amazon Germany
    I bought in 2017 ,for over €300
    €261 includes delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

RonTon wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00400OMU0/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_3BH2WR97GJPE95PF9GSJ
    Amazon Germany
    I bought in 2017 ,for over €300
    €261 includes delivery

Is this one worth a few quid more: https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B000OC4EBK/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

Eireann81 wrote: »

I see the initial price is higher i can’t see much of a difference to be honest. Different controls maybe , they both have same brew unit, water capacity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

I am having a problem with my Magnifa.

The light is on, as if it needs the ground coffee to be emptied. I did that and on attempting to make a coffee the various machine sounds happen but the beans do not grind. Nor does the sound of the grinder start.

Any help much appreciated.

• Advertisement

McSween wrote: »
    I am having a problem with my Magnifa.

The light is on, as if it needs the ground coffee to be emptied. I did that and on attempting to make a coffee the various machine sounds happen but the beans do not grind. Nor does the sound of the grinder start.

Any help much appreciated.
    Unplug machine.
    Take out the water container ,open the side flap , remove the brew unit (there 2 red side buttons to press in that release it ) check it’s not blocked/jammed and give a quick clean .
    Plug back in ,see does that work .
    Good luck

Unplug machine.
    Take out the water container ,open the side flap , remove the brew unit (there 2 red side buttons to press in that release it ) check it’s not blocked/jammed and give a quick clean .
    Plug back in ,see does that work .
    Good luck

Thanks. I will try in a little while. There is a unit thet comes out of the front that has two red buttons and a ‘push’ button. Just making sure we are talking the same machine. I am not at home now so cant check your method yet

Thanks. I will try in a little while. There is a unit thet comes out of the front that has two red buttons and a ‘push’ button. Just making sure we are talking the same machine. I am not at home now so cant check your method yet

If it’s the Magnifa S ,that’s the machine I have ,so try above option

If it’s the Magnifa S ,that’s the machine I have ,so try above option

Problem solved. My son had twisted right knob to ground coffee position. Thank f*** that is all it is.

I watched a different video and it occured to me that it is the problem. It works fine now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

. My son had twisted right knob to ground coffee position.

My son must be visiting your house, :eek::D . Common occurrence in this house as well! And you check the water, the spent grinds, you open and close; and open and close; and then you realise!

• Advertisement

wait4me wrote: »
    My son must be visiting your house, :eek::D . Common occurrence in this house as well! And you check the water, the spent grinds, you open and close; and open and close; and then you realise!

:D He is 17 months and i never have it turned on at mains when he is home but he moved the swtich. His interest in the machine has returned after some months of ignoring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I have the Caffe Corso 2600 (bought from Argos from this thread) and I have a light issue.
    Gave the machine a good cleaning last night and this morning the ground container light is on solid from the time power is given to it. When I open the door and remove the ground coffee container, the caution light and grounds container lights flash.

Can anyone throw some more light on this for me please?
    Plugged it out and left it until this morning and away she went! Thank God!
    Fuck me its at it again. I'm never cleaning this yoke again! :mad:

Fuck me its at it again. I'm never cleaning this yoke again! :mad:

Ok so leaving it 24 hours seems like a reliable solution to issues such as this! Working fine again! :)

One disappointment I did have was with De'Longhi support. I connected to their webchat service and the guy asked if I had checked the grounds container which I had. Next solution he gave was to send it to them for repair - no other option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Barr

Ok so leaving it 24 hours seems like a reliable solution to issues such as this! Working fine again! :)

One disappointment I did have was with De'Longhi support. I connected to their webchat service and the guy asked if I had checked the grounds container which I had. Next solution he gave was to send it to them for repair - no other option.

Is yours under warranty .Who would have to foot the cost of sending it for repair (does this mean posting it ) - that would be expensive in itself.

Outside of warranty - I was being charged for that and repair if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Sorry for reviving an old thread. My Magnifica s (ECAM22.110.B) has stopped working. Lights indicating there are no beans or ground coffee funnel is blocked. This is with either beans or ground.

I've taken it apart and lubricated the infuser etc but still the same. Anyone experience this before or have any ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

@mcgovern Double check its not on ground coffee mode?

what settings do you guys like with this unit??

i have the grinder set to closer to small bean symbol- the water and coffee set to over half way and use the two cup button. I usually have to stop the coffee before it finishes as water goes clear(bitter) halfway through.

i find it ok - but would like it stronger but still get a full cup.

“Roll it back”

I get the same error on beans and ground mode :(

On ground mode it just seems to dump the coffee straight out. On beans mode it grinds for a second or two and then stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

There's a ground mode?.

How is, it turned on? Had it 3 years and only ever ground beans

Turn the strength all the way to the left on the dial, then add the ground coffee on the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

In the middle section? I thought that was for decaff beans so you don't contaminate the proper beans lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Every day's a school day on boards 😁

Yep, the little kind of box on the top middle. It basically just skips the grinding piece of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Entonces

Using ground can be messy. Needs a Good clean after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

hey, since we're actually on the topic of ground coffee, my wife likes a decaf in the evening. We lost the scoop.

Anyone know if this is the correct replacement part?

https://www.4delonghi.co.uk/coffee-maker/esam-4200/measuring-spoon/product.pl?pid=830862&path=606454,640993&refine=spoon&model_ref=566716

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Looks like it. In the meantime I just measured it to be exactly equal to 4 flat teaspoon measures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭furiousox

@dakid Had you any luck sorting that issue?

I have the same machine (caffe corso 2800) it's always worked fine and made decent espresso.

I didn't make any changes to the machine but all of a sudden the coffee it produces has become thin and weak with a very thin crema (more like a nasty thin froth) on top.

I tried cleaning it out and adjusting the settings (grind and strength) but no matter what changes I make, the coffee is the same, thin, weak and burnt tasting.

The same beans (lavazza red) produced a nice full espresso with rich thick crema before so I'm at a loss to work out what has happened?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ricko187

Hi all, how does this coffee machine compare to the sage barista express? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Selling my one of these reasonably if anyone interested… Details over here->

https://www.adverts.ie/small-kitchen-appliances/bean-to-cup-coffee-machine-delonghi/25325240

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭emy

Sage barista express you need the skill, how to get right: the grind, flow and cream, the automatic one does it all for you, although you have to play with its settings too. I had two identical coffee machine for service. i put a lot of work to restore them to new condition. White once are looking very good, except the drip tray I replaced one with black color, for easy cleaning.

Advertisement