Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I thought he was gay when I read that. But it turns out he's just bi.

That's a strange statement. "Just bi" Is being gay more extreme or shocking?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    That's a strange statement. "Just bi" Is being gay more extreme or shocking?

Yeah it read as a ‘there’s hope for him yet’ kinda sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭jacothelad

What happened with your dog in the end, Jaco?

He died on May 16th. He coped well with the lymphoma for 8 weeks and then went down hill in a period of a few hours. Miss him every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

jacothelad wrote: »
    He died on May 16th. He coped well with the lymphoma for 8 weeks and then went down hill in a period of a few hours. Miss him every day.

Sorry for your loss. At least he isn't suffering now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Michael Bent wins Player of the Month. Nice little nod to his contribution over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Sangre wrote: »
    Michael Bent wins Player of the Month. Nice little nod to his contribution over the years.

Didn’t he already get one a few months ago too?
    He was an absolutely brilliant signing and seemed to be nearly always available.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

He's back in NZ now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Nice little tribute to Fardy. He will be missed. He really stood up on days we needed him

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Season tickets renewed. Can't wait to get back to live matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Hugh O'Sullivan has signed for London Irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Hugh O'Sullivan has signed for London Irish

That’s a great move for him. I thought he’d drop out of the game similar to Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

I see Kearney's been dropped by the force, he's hardly gonna get much interest out that way from other clubs at 35, could be curtain's for his career, bloody love to see him come back and play for us again though. He looked sharp when fit this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I see Kearney's been dropped by the force, he's hardly gonna get much interest out that way from other clubs at 35, could be curtain's for his career, bloody love to see him come back and play for us again though. He looked sharp when fit this year.

I'd say the decision was his? He's 35 and has to retire in Europe to avail of a tax credit worth more than a million euro.

I'd say the decision was his? He's 35 and has to retire in Europe to avail of a tax credit worth more than a million euro.

Possible but he was getting picked and playing well so i felt hed have wanted another season especially considering ireland isn't even fully reopened yet so why not stick at it.

Did they not change the rules on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

salmocab wrote: »

No you have to retire in the EU IIRC

Ruaidhri O'connor was whinging about it because If Stander returns to play in SA he can't claim it

salmocab wrote: »

No. Originally you had to retire in Ireland but that wasn't compatible with EU law, so it was changed a good while ago that you have to retire in the EU.

Possible but he was getting picked and playing well so i felt hed have wanted another season especially considering ireland isn't even fully reopened yet so why not stick at it.

Because then he'd be 36 and still looking for a club in Europe to give him one last contract.

I dunno, seems like a no brainer to come back and do a year in France to give the pension pot a gigantic boost.

No. Originally you had to retire in Ireland but that wasn't compatible with EU law, so it was changed a good while ago that you have to retire in the EU.

Ah right that was probably the change I remembered. Although that would make his season in Australia risky if he picked up an injury that meant he couldn’t get another contract in Europe. Although maybe there is a way round that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I wonder how this affects Sean O'Brien retiring in England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,389 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

dregin wrote: »

Great question. Plus, how far can you go to game the system. Could he get a short term (3 month) contract or small money, with a micky-mouse French team for example and play one game for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Some good performances today by the Leinster players. VDF was motm, Doris put in his usual big shift and Kelleher put an iffy first half behind him to play very well in the second half.

Will need to watch that game again to assess Ryan. The lineout was poor in the first half and I think he calls those. But he out in some huge tackles to go along with his usual high work rate.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

dregin wrote: »

Pretty sure he can retire professionally but come back and play for Carlow RFC for a short while and get paid by a sponsor even if its peanuts to get around the tax rule.

Shane Byrne did it this way.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Pretty sure he can retire professionally but come back and play for Carlow RFC for a short while and get paid by a sponsor even if its peanuts to get around the tax rule.

Shane Byrne did it this way.

Carlow????

Tut tut

Seanie will NEVER play for carlow RFC

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Carlow????

Tut tut

Seanie will NEVER play for carlow RFC

Was for illustration purposes only...

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

For anyone with season tickets, if I'm looking to upgrade seats with the person who sits beside me (with their own seat and account), anyone know how to go about it?

Basically the issue I have is: I can only upgrade one seat rather than 2 (becaus4 separate accounts).

Trying to do it simultaneously with the 2 accounts leads to an issue where it won't let us because if there are 2 seats, it says it won't allow us to leave a single seat free, which would occur as you're purchasing the tickets. Same issue with 3, 4 or 5 seats in a row available since you will always be leaving a single seat free when making 2 purchases.

Presume able we will have to merge our accounts but Leinster Rugby aren't taking calls...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Call the Leinster ticket office on 01 208 0998. They're very helpful.

Call the Leinster ticket office on 01 208 0998. They're very helpful.

Tickets 'at leinsterrugby.ie is pretty good too.

Heard renewals had a good take up from STHs.

Any indication of when season tickets will go on sale for us newbies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Any indication of when season tickets will go on sale for us newbies?

They haven't released details yet but would recommend signing up to the waiting list for information as soon as its available.

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/tickets/waitinglist/

Advertisement