Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Planet X wrote: »
    "Pork O'Clock". :):)

Spare ribs n sosig!

Where'd you get your spares Planet X?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Chicken fajitas on a Monday night.

thumbnail-IMG-2546.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

Guberburger was on the menu this evening

Smash burger with a peanut butter sauce,sauteed onions and mayo crisped brioche buns

Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Roast chicken for me.
    My Yorkie came up well!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Wings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭thereitisgone

Wings!

Wow see you have Poppamies wing sauce, at least it looks like
    Didnt think you could get Poppamies in Ireland
    They have huge, really good range now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,540 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Wings!

I'll send you the physio bill, for my crook neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Wow see you have Poppamies wing sauce, at least it looks like
    Didnt think you could get Poppamies in Ireland
    They have huge, really good range now

Actually it's not the wing sauce, it is a burger sauce. I won a few of them in a FB competition. The cherry cola BBQ sauce is something else. The chipotle and srichacha (or whatever way its spelled) ares super nice too.

bbq4you.eu has a good range

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Beef stir fry.

The beef was a tough cut so I tried velveting. Worked a treat.

With left over Sunday roast chicken, made a chicken and garlic mushroom risotto.

thumbnail-IMG-2576.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had roast chicken with veg - comfort food for this horrific weather :(

Beef stir fry.

The beef was a tough cut so I tried velveting. Worked a treat.

That really looks delicious. I could eat stir fry every night of the week and never get bored.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

What's the sauce please Mystery Egg? It looks yummy.

What's the sauce please Mystery Egg? It looks yummy.

I made it up. Honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger puree and 3 cloves of crushed garlic. No exact amounts, just tasted until it seemed balanced. :)

The velveting process was also so easy - slice the beef. Toss in a few teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda. After 15 minutes I rinsed the meat well, and dried it in a soft cloth, and fried it in hot oil very quickly.

Sounds delicious M, I always struggle with flavours when I make a stir fry.

Sounds delicious M, I always struggle with flavours when I make a stir fry.

I prepare my sauce before I start cooking and taste it as I go along until I'm happy with it. I like a combo of salt, sweet and sour. Sometimes I add heat by way of fresh chilis. With stir fry sauce, where ingredients are concerned, more is more I find. Loads of strong flavours (although I avoid fish sauce because I just don't like it).

When the food is one minute to cooked, I throw in the sauce until it bubbles, and then serve.

We often top the meal with garlic and peanut rayu which adds another layer of salty, spicy crunch.

Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Colm Leavy, Lamb's Cross, Sandyford......ordered.

[url=https://imgur.com/yKNH1A3][img]http://i.imgur.com/yKNH1A3l.jpg[/img][/url]

A slice of Pastrami and Edam Cheese.

Those Lidl brown buns are rank though!

Oh, the usual pic link is not working.

Welcome back everyone!

I had barbecued mini fillets with garlic, soy, sesame and honey. Mr Dizzy had his with sweet chilli and soy. We've been barbecuing and eating outdoors all week, it's been lovely.

I pulled the chicken off the skewers before taking the photo 🙄

It seems photos can be added directly now but for some reason mine is sideways!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

We had some leftovers and some cauliflower that needed using up. So we had Matter Paneer, Jeera potatoas and caulflower and some Masala Parathas.

So.....I grew a few carrots for the craic.....

Sat outside in blackpool and had a sweet chili wrap and a mini mc flurry from McDonalds.

Was a nice evening

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Burger with a view! We'll be quarantining here all week until Boards sorts it's life out. 😎

Had a lamb burger myself this evening

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 490 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Made Indian food for the housemates. Dal Makhani, Bombay Aloo, cauliflower Pakoras, spinach and potato samosas, along with some mango chutney, raita, and parathas.

only remembered to take a photo after they had all taken some

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 490 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

A ton of sticky pork ribs - this was just the beginning 😋

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Egg fried rice, fried tofu and stir-fried mushrooms and broccoli in garlic chili sauce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭passatman86

I put some oil on the pan today

It looked very happy

Advertisement