Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hbomax Caribbean and Latin America

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Are you aware of any current way to get an NUS card?
    Thats a good saving on Prime

You can share your prime account with another member of your household (eg anyone) and share the cost. Works out the same as student deal for each involved. You are better off if you share with a family member as they will have access to your payment details and visa versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Would you not go for the prime Turkey deal, its around 90c a month or are you looking for the UK content?

I have prime turkey sub and get the canadian content with Surfshark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭archfi

I don't know as I've never had to do anything for the past 3 years but I think NUS now uses a place called Totum (Card) and as far as I know they offer just a 6 month trial with their card, don't know if it gives the half price for 4 years I got.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Is the YouTube turkey offer still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Cheers OP, got this sorted, for reference this is how it went for me:

Tried signing up using NordVPN, both Costa Rica and Argentina but kept giving me the US website so signed up for TunnelBear trial (thanks to whoever suggested it here) and tried signing up via Argentina but was getting card errors at checkout (using Revolut), so changed tact and signed up via Brazil (using Tunnel Bear, and thanks to poster who posted the CPF generator) and this worked fine with Revolut. My card was blocked initially but I told them it was legitimate through the app and then the payment was taken again shortly after, €2.35 a month at current exchange rate, happy with that!

In terms of watching, I can use NordVPN to connect to USA and its working great on PC and also installed the Android TV apk (using one of the links posted here) on my MiBox S and that seems to be working well also with the NordVPN ATV app. Might have to manually update the APK at some point when HBOMax retire whatever version its currently on.

Had issues getting it going on the phone though, installed the latest Android app from one of the unofficial marketplaces (APKPure I think) and while it installs and signs in okay when I turn on Nord, I get errors trying to watch any content and downloads also don't work. Has anyone had any luck getting it to work on an Android phone? Happy enough with the rest working okay but would be handy to use USB to HDMI cable from the phone to watch in other rooms (no VPN trickery possible on the xbox it seems :( )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is the YouTube turkey offer still available?

Go to Argentina, far cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,359 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I am going to be setting up a chromecast with google tv as a gift. My plan is to add this onto it, so will follow the steps later. I also have Turkish Netflix and Indian youtube and Irish Prime and Disney+ (both from family plans). Are there other subs I should look at? I was wondering if there are options out there for sports? Maybe DAZN or similar?

I have lifetime VPNUnlimited from a BA here years ago, so hoping that will work...

dulpit wrote: »
    I am going to be setting up a chromecast with google tv as a gift. My plan is to add this onto it, so will follow the steps later. I also have Turkish Netflix and Indian youtube and Irish Prime and Disney+ (both from family plans). Are there other subs I should look at? I was wondering if there are options out there for sports? Maybe DAZN or similar?

I have lifetime VPNUnlimited from a BA here years ago, so hoping that will work...

ssportplus. NBA TV from India if you like basketball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Cheers OP and grimm2005. Got set up on the Brazil account. Can anyone recommend vpn to use with this? I Will hopefully using it on a firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

awhir wrote: »
    Cheers OP and grimm2005. Got set up on the Brazil account. Can anyone recommend vpn to use with this? I Will hopefully using it on a firestick.

I’m using NordVPN since Xmas with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

What countries can you watch, Is it just the one you've signed up from or can you get on US & others too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Mr.S wrote: »
    Are you copy / pasting your card number from Revolut? If so, write it manually.

Tried this - no go. Thanks for the tip though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Got NordVPN and can confirm that it works with HBO Max for the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Thanks OP. I got this working on new Chromecast using KeepSolid VPN. Had to sideload HBO Max app, but initial tests show it seems to be working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

TheDriver wrote: »
    ssportplus.

Does sportplus have Premier League and if so English commentary?

keano25 wrote: »

Yes

keano25 wrote: »
    There's a thread on bargain alerts that contains all info.

It'd be great if someone could compile the various services that are out there and available via vpn into one thread. Or at least aggregate them?

It'd be great if someone could compile the various services that are out there and available via vpn into one thread. Or at least aggregate them?

Due to the various payment differences etc, I think sep threads are best to give focused support. it's only Netflix, prime, YouTube, ssportsplus tidal and HBOMax.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

batistuta9 wrote: »
    What countries can you watch, Is it just the one you've signed up from or can you get on US & others too?

Have surfshark set to a US server and it works fine. Argintina server works also. Singed up to Brazil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

dulpit wrote:

On some of the threads someone goes to a lot of trouble to explain the whole process on the first post. Lots don't read this post & ask questions that are answered in the opening post. I think a thread covering all of the streaming services would become very confusing /annoying very quickly because of this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Where I'm at at the moment is to integrate S Sport Plus (Turkey), Netflix (Turkey), Prime (Turkey), HBOMax (Costa Rica) and KeepSolid VPN onto one device so there is less fapping about.

I believe at least 2 of the choice are a firestick and the new Google chromecast - any one have opinions on either?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

Is there a thread showing how to sign up for Prime Turkey, don't see one? My Prime UK account is about to export but don't really want to sign back up.

SteM wrote: »
    Is there a thread showing how to sign up for Prime Turkey, don't see one? My Prime UK account is about to export but don't really want to sign back up.

Here!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

Anybody able to get it running on SmartDNS? I was using US subscription for an year successfully but with the new account, its showing an error "something went wrong". Sometimes I was able to see the TV code but no luck beyond that point

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭baz9375

Rainislove wrote: »
    Anybody able to get it running on SmartDNS? I was using US subscription for an year successfully but with the new account, its showing an error "something went wrong". Sometimes I was able to see the TV code but no luck beyond that point

Thanks

Working fine with Getflix Smart DNS for me. I have US Sub on one Firestick (Still have month remaining) and the new Costa Rica on another Firestick - both working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Rainislove wrote:

Smart dns works perfectly for this on my TV and firestick and phone. Doesn't work on my tablet for some reason but I have a vpn that works

Rainislove wrote: »

Thanks

I had difficulty with the latest HBO Max update with Getflix Smart DNS. Try one of the previous versions.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Where I'm at at the moment is to integrate S Sport Plus (Turkey), Netflix (Turkey), Prime (Turkey), HBOMax (Costa Rica) and KeepSolid VPN onto one device so there is less fapping about.

I believe at least 2 of the choice are a firestick and the new Google chromecast - any one have opinions on either?

I'm going to be doing the same on a chromecast (as soon as it's delivered, hopefully tomorrow or day after). Will report back then (although we have normal prime as it's used for deliveries too) - so will be the Sports, netflix, HBOMax, youtube (India) and maybe DAZN if that's worthwhile too?

• Advertisement

I'm going to be doing the same on a chromecast (as soon as it's delivered, hopefully tomorrow or day after). Will report back then (although we have normal prime as it's used for deliveries too) - so will be the Sports, netflix, HBOMax, youtube (India) and maybe DAZN if that's worthwhile too?

Cheers dulpit - appreciate it!

Advertisement