Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2021 in the Civil and Public Service (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Yeah I got on to them as soon as I could, hopefully hear something before the weeks out.

Im in Cork, would be in around the mid 50s on OOM

Had that exact situation with tusla a few years ago around the time the Maurice McCabe thing blew. I’m 70 oom in cork and I’d like to get the vaccine before going into social welfare or the revenue whose aircon systems are a haven for things.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Beckett99

Is PAS still using the same TCO.clearance email address? I wanted to query the number reached on my panel but the email has rebounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

There is this address from the first post

TCO2021@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Breda123

If anybody is interested legal aid board in Longford are looking for Temporary clerical officer. Its on public jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

anyone know what number they are at for westmeath, or how could I find out

• Advertisement

Tomjim wrote: »
    anyone know what number they are at for westmeath, or how could I find out
    There is this address from the first post

TCO2021@publicjobs.ie

You could try emailing the above and asking, if you haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jo.Gil

Hey, has anyone in Wicklow OOM hoping to get Arklow Vaccine Center? Have ye heard from anyone yet? Or where we will be assigned to now that Arklow isn't opening? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭I am me123

Breda123 wrote: »
    If anybody is interested legal aid board in Longford are looking for Temporary clerical officer. Its on public jobs.

Do you have a link for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lola.

Jo.Gil wrote: »
    Hey, has anyone in Wicklow OOM hoping to get Arklow Vaccine Center? Have ye heard from anyone yet? Or where we will be assigned to now that Arklow isn't opening? Thanks.

I was in a similar position, interviewed and submitted refs. etc. with regard to a position with hse in the vaccination centre. As of now still no further information apart from media announcements saying the centre in Arklow will not be opening. In limbo now!

Lola. wrote: »
    I was in a similar position, interviewed and submitted refs. etc. with regard to a position with hse in the vaccination centre. As of now still no further information apart from media announcements saying the centre in Arklow will not be opening. In limbo now!

Hey, It's a pain isn't it? I did email tco and they said I have been assigned to a department and should hear in a couple of weeks. That was last week. So just curious now to where I'll be going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Breda123

I am me123 wrote: »
    Do you have a link for this?

Publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭síofra

Hi there,

I was offered a three-month TCO contract in Meath and I was 32 OOM. Couldn't take it due to a change in my circumstances but hope the info might be useful for anyone waiting:) Was offered it Friday afternoon.

May be assigned to a shift work pattern, what does that actually mean in DSP terms?

My evetting was rejected as I put two addresses on one line. Since then I've remembered two other addresses (out of a total of almost 20 :rolleyes:) that I've lived in. Should I add these new ones or would that look suspicious as I didn't add them the first time? They are addresses from almost 20 years ago.

I also don't remember the exact dates, does this matter?

TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Just an update for anyone in Cork waiting to hear, I was mid 50s OOM and this week received an offer for 16 weeks in Social Protection. I didnt take it due to a better offer, but I know its good to know where they are in the OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

Only at 50 something? its 5 months. there must be very few positions going.
    Someone in cork was already in the 50's oom back in April :confused:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Only at 50 something? its 5 months. there must be very few positions going.
    Someone in cork was already in the 50's oom back in April :confused:

I imagine with many working from home people are not availing of the shorter working year.

Hey everyone really worried now as emailed again to Tco email and they emailed back to say I was assigned to a department on the 04/05 but I haven't heard from anyone about the position.... Wonder what will happen now? I'm in Wicklow OOM 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

Hey everyone really worried now as emailed again to Tco email and they emailed back to say I was assigned to a department on the 04/05 but I haven't heard from anyone about the position.... Wonder what will happen now? I'm in Wicklow OOM 32.

Did you check you Spam emails as sometimes PAS emails can go in there and then they can be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Ask them for contact details of the HR section for the department you were assigned to. You can make contact with them directly.

• Advertisement

natc wrote: »
    Ask them for contact details of the HR section for the department you were assigned to. You can make contact with them directly.

I asked them, but they're going to follow up with them to see why I haven't been themselves first. She's going to get back to me. So fingers crossed.

Have been given a date, Monday, but not a time or any confirmation that my covid form has been received. at what point should I be mildly concerned ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dried peanuts

Looks like I will see you on monday. I haven't received any start info from them either.

Looks like I will see you on monday. I haven't received any start info from them either.

If you bring a mix for a Christmas cake ill bring a bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lola.

This has happened to me also apparently I was assigned a department in April but I have had no correspondence from anyone. Have emailed tco and the clearance email address and they are looking into it and will get back to me... That was over a week ago and follow up email still to be a answered. Time to move on now I feel!!

Lola. wrote: »
    This has happened to me also apparently I was assigned a department in April but I have had no correspondence from anyone. Have emailed tco and the clearance email address and they are looking into it and will get back to me... That was over a week ago and follow up email still to be a answered. Time to move on now I feel!!

Lola I have been in the same situation. Have been talking to 3 or 4 different people from Tco email and last time I heard she was looking in to it and would get back to me. That was 2 weeks ago and still noting have emailed her again and noting..... Sooo bloody frustrating 😡
    Were you hoping for Arklow vaccination centre? There's one opening in Kilanerin soon so maybe that's why we haven't heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MuchZeus

question regarding notice period for a tco… i’m currently on a tco contract from the 2020 panel, and i’ve been offered another job that i want to take… in my contract, the notice period isn’t disclosed. does anyone know how long the notice period would be for a tco?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

MuchZeus wrote: »
    question regarding notice period for a tco… i’m currently on a tco contract from the 2020 panel, and i’ve been offered another job that i want to take… in my contract, the notice period isn’t disclosed. does anyone know how long the notice period would be for a tco?

Depends on which department you're working as TCO, in AGS it's 4 weeks notice as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

I was offered a position from AGS but now they tell me its no longer required. PAS has put me back on the panel. Very annoyed when I thought I would have a job. But Looks like I will still be waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

I was offered a position from AGS but now they tell me its no longer required. PAS has put me back on the panel. Very annoyed when I thought I would have a job. But Looks like I will still be waiting.

That’s very disappointing, they shouldn’t get a persons hopes up. Hope you get something soon.

Advertisement