Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MVC Louth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JenniferCo

gipi wrote: »
    I'm getting Pfizer in the Fairways in the morning. My 2nd appointment was 4 weeks and 4 days after my 1st on 28th May.
    I couldn't make that appointment, and the rescheduled date is tomorrow, 5 weeks and 5 days after the 1st jab.

If you have been waiting 4 weeks and 5 days, call the HSE helpline and ask to have your case escalated.

It has already been escalated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭gipi

Got 2nd jab at the Fairways this morning. Congrats to all the team there for a very efficient set-up. I arrived about 5 minutes before my 9.45am appointment, walked straight in, and left after my 15 min observation at 10.01am. I'm very relieved, it's been a long 10 weeks since I first registered!

Good luck to all of you, hope you're not waiting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

gipi wrote: »
    Got 2nd jab at the Fairways this morning. Congrats to all the team there for a very efficient set-up. I arrived about 5 minutes before my 9.45am appointment, walked straight in, and left after my 15 min observation at 10.01am. I'm very relieved, it's been a long 10 weeks since I first registered!

Good luck to all of you, hope you're not waiting too long.

Did you get called for you second jab 4 weeks to the date from your first one or much of a delay ?

Hoping to get the nod for my second one next week.

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

whelan2 wrote: »
    Got first vaccine in fairways. Got appointment for dife on Tuesday. The time really doesn't suit so I asked for another date. Might ring them tomorrow to get a better time

Rescheduled for this Friday in the fairways

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

30-34 year olds can now register with the portal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Got my second jab at DIFE while boards was down - 4 weeks and 4 days after getting the first shot at Dundalk. Dundalk operation is much nicer set up than DIFE (hotel vs collage gym) but the actual process itself was super smooth as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭peejay1986

After registering with HSE on 20th June, I finally got my appointment text on Monday.

Based in Ardee, appointment in Fairways.

Anyone having any joy with the pharmacies? My partner registered within first half hour for the J&J shot but it seems a free-for-all. I know of at least three people who registered at least half a day after her and have been called for an appointment. One was told; "I saw your name on the list and thought I'd ring you so you could get in early."

Seems to just be a case of who you know, in some places 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Has been a who you know situation since the vaccines arrived. My wife is a school teacher and is still waiting for a first vaccine while many of her extended family have said they got the vaccine from the doctor long ago. When she tried with the doctor they didn't even ring her back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Yeah, the doctor situation is ridiculous. I was on their 'waiting list' for two months, yet I know people called last week when they were doing vaccinations and got to come in immediately.

Definitely a case of who shouts the loudest when it comes to the clinics.

Sorry Andrew, I missed your question before Boards went offline. My 2nd Pfizer appointment was for 4 weeks and 4 days after my first jab. I couldn't make that one, and had to wait another week before getting jabbed. All done now since July 7th, phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

No worries, thanks for the reply, i got my second jab on Wednesday in the fairways, 4 weeks to the day since my first one, was feeling rough yesterday but back on form today. Very well ran service in the fairways, on my 2 visits to the place , i can only commended the staff for the excellent job they done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Got my first jab last week - totally unexpected...was having a consultation with a different GP to my own & after explaining my situation (high risk person), was offered it there and then....over the moon!

Fairways very busy today, much busier than my first trip there. Still getting through them at rapid pace. Got there just before the queue started getting pretty long but it was moving quickly. Don't envy the stewards having to be out in that heat all day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

34 and got my appointment for a Pfizer for Sunday, up in Dundalk. And then a pharmacy rang me and offered me a J&J on Friday. So going for the one shot, to get it over and done with.

31 year old brother was offered his appointment in DIFE for the Pfizer on Tuesday, but also was offered the pharmacy J&J too, and being a teacher is eager to be fully vaxed by school starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭PGE1970

For the over 50s of you, I drove up to the Glencarn Hotel in Castleblaney today and received my booster jab.

There was absolutely no queue, just have photo ID and walk in.

From the front door, including the 15 minute observation period, was 25 mins!!

As far as I know, it's open tomorrow and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

My mother did same in simonstown navan today.

Father had an appointment and she chanced going along.

In and out in 25mins too

That's good to know, thanks!

I went to the Fairways this morning, arrived at 9.30 and the queue was 3/4 way around the building. I didn't join it...

@PGE1970, my thanks to you for the Glencarn suggestion. I went up there this afternoon from Drogheda, it took about 35 mins from joining the queue to getting jabbed. When I left at about 2.45pm, there was nobody queuing outside.

Much less stressful than 2 hour waits in Dundalk!

The centre is open tomorrow (Sunday) for boosters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

went to dundalk today. In and out in 21 minutes.

Dropped my parents to Dundalk this afternoon, one had an appointment the other had one for Tuesday but it was no problem to get done today when asked if it was possible. I was parked up for a little over a half hour.

My dad drives but was worried as he felt a little unwell after his last jab so I offered to bring them. Looked to have felt grand this time judging from the feed he put away when we stopped off for dinner on the way home.

• Advertisement

Thanks Jim. The appointment system works well, not sure why they appear to be throwing it out the window in favour of walk in clinics.

Indeed, seeing those 4 hour + queue's at UCD on the news this evening would put people off going near a walk in clinic which is the exact opposite of what they want.

Anyone in the 40-49 bracket get an appointment or are we expected to go to a walk in clinic at this point? Fairways seems to be the only centre in Louth and they seem to be walk-in's all day for the first 3 days next week.

My own GP isn't doing the boosters yet.

You're getting ahead of yourself and weren't due it yet.

News today however..

'Meanwhile, people aged in their 40s in the Republic will be eligible to get Covid-19 booster vaccinations from tomorrow.

Those in the 40-49 age group will be able to access the booster vaccines in vaccination centres, GPs and pharmacies.

Booster vaccinations for this cohort had originally been slated to begin from 27 December, however that has now been brought forward.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Anyone been in for the walk in at the Fairways in the past few days? What's the wait time like if there for 9.15 (opening time)?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭skinnyfries

There was a massive queue this morning, the queue stretched the whole way around the outside of the Fairways by 9.30 am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Thanks, I'll pop up early and see how it goes.

• Advertisement

Number 47 on Fair St. are doing walk in's and appointments this week. Details on their facebook but I'd imagine the appointments are long gone at this point. Wish I'd spotted it sooner.

Advertisement