Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Zaph wrote: »
    The whole being wiped out thing sounds crap, and I'm glad I didn't suffer that. But on the plus side, you just need to remind yourself that it's a lot quicker and better than the alternative. :)

Absolutely, I'd have taken a week of it and more tbh. It was incredibly minor in the grand scheme.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Night 3 a lot better, and so far Day 3 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Guys, for anyone nuts enough to watch this (it looks terrible), here's the trailer for a real life Werewolf movie:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I actually thought that was funny :pac:
    I don't like scarey films, this one seems more comedy which would suit me :D

Dog Soldiers, and An American Werewolf in London were both great (comic) werewolf movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Got my 2nd Pfizer today, so far so good

Kolido wrote: »
    Got my 2nd Pfizer today, so far so good

Woohoo! :)

I wasn't sick, just sore arm for a day or two and very tired, role on Tuesday when it will be fully effective! :D

A week on from my first and I'm generally okay since Day 3, but do still have a slightly sore and lumpy arm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I had first dose Tuesday. Arm was a bit sore on Wednesday and I had a two hour snooze after work, but I'm not sure if it was vaccine tiredness or just usual end of school year tiredness. I did, however, pass out last night, so that was fun. I was out walking the dogs (we are dogsitting) and about 5 mins from home I had this weird sensation where I felt I was looking outside of myself and my legs/arms just wouldn't coordinate. I got home and was tangled up in the two leads, couldn't get my keys out to open the door, came in, sat down on the chair and then said I needed to lie down, and woke up on the floor a few minutes later. Absolutely wiped out today and vision a bit blurry in one eye.

sullivlo wrote: »
    I had first dose Tuesday. Arm was a bit sore on Wednesday and I had a two hour snooze after work, but I'm not sure if it was vaccine tiredness or just usual end of school year tiredness. I did, however, pass out last night, so that was fun. I was out walking the dogs (we are dogsitting) and about 5 mins from home I had this weird sensation where I felt I was looking outside of myself and my legs/arms just wouldn't coordinate. I got home and was tangled up in the two leads, couldn't get my keys out to open the door, came in, sat down on the chair and then said I needed to lie down, and woke up on the floor a few minutes later. Absolutely wiped out today and vision a bit blurry in one eye.

Jeez that's not good, lots of fluids and a trip to the doc in your future maybe! Get well soon.

• Advertisement

Yeah, if jab was on Tuesday then feeling that on Sunday doesn't sound good. Probably worth checking with the GP. It could be unrelated to the vaccine, but whatever it's from, it's worth checking out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    Yeah, if jab was on Tuesday then feeling that on Sunday doesn't sound good. Probably worth checking with the GP. It could be unrelated to the vaccine, but whatever it's from, it's worth checking out.

It is unlikely to be vaccine related, probably just a coincidence. I am on an antibiotic since Thursday for a sinus infection so it could be related to that. If there's no improvement during the week of the "wooly" feeling in my head, I will ring the doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Here's what forum games looks like on the new site, work in progress obviously

https://boards.vanillacommunities.com/categories/forum-games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Fully vaccinated this last two weeks. Had a sore arm just for a couple of days and felt a bit tired the first day.I can download my digital cert tomorrow and on the 1st July I can wear the mask outside the house if I am on my own or with other vaccinated people!

More than half of Malta is fully vaccinated, but you also have the under 16yo to take into consideration. So the adult population is prob higher.

As of yesterday there were 51 active cases, with the Country almost back to normal, they are doing good. Only one case of the Delta variant so far. Hoping for more restrictions lifting soon and able to travel home to Scotland!

People laughed at us having to wear a mask from the moment you left the house! but hey, the numbers are right down. From 3500 cases mid march to 51. Has been a tough ride, but hopefully we are over the worst.

How is Ireland fairing? is Donegal still doing it's own thing!

ShaneU wrote: »
    Here's what forum games looks like on the new site, work in progress obviously

https://boards.vanillacommunities.com/categories/forum-games

What is this Shane? moving from boards?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What is this Shane? moving from boards?

Boards is moving platform in the coming months

Fully vaccinated this last two weeks. Had a sore arm just for a couple of days and felt a bit tired the first day.I can download my digital cert tomorrow and on the 1st July I can wear the mask outside the house if I am on my own or with other vaccinated people!

More than half of Malta is fully vaccinated, but you also have the under 16yo to take into consideration. So the adult population is prob higher.

As of yesterday there were 51 active cases, with the Country almost back to normal, they are doing good. Only one case of the Delta variant so far. Hoping for more restrictions lifting soon and able to travel home to Scotland!

People laughed at us having to wear a mask from the moment you left the house! but hey, the numbers are right down. From 3500 cases mid march to 51. Has been a tough ride, but hopefully we are over the worst.

How is Ireland fairing? is Donegal still doing it's own thing!
    The HSE computer system was hacked a few weeks ago so up-to-date details of LEAs are not really available at the moment...

We're averaging about 300 cases per day. The delta variant is in the north. There are no travel restrictions between here and the north.

The time frame for vaccinating those who received Astra Zeneca has changed from 16 weeks (for those vaccinated early) or 12 weeks (for those vaccinated recently) to 8 weeks, so we have a cohort of people (mainly 60-69) who are very vulnerable to the delta variant with not full protection.

My mum is one of those people and she is going into hospital tomorrow for an operation. Kinda nervous, but I think it's one of the hospitals with no covid cases and she had a covid test yesterday before admission so she should be okay...

I'm absolutely pro-vax and whatnot, and I would encourage everyone to be vaccinated, but I would prefer mum to get her 2nd dose of vaccine to be Pfizer (and maybe a 2nd dose of Pfizer a month later).

I'm due my second dose of Pfizer in 2 weeks. I had no symptoms (beyond sore arm and tiredness) after dose 1, but the tiredness could be that it was the last week of school and this year teaching has been exhausting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hey everyone

Back full time in work since March 20! it has been so so mental at the hotel. The place is full again and we are all going crazy with the amount of work.

Many people left the Country when the pandemic started. Now everywhere is struggling to find people and there are people working way to many hours.

I miss being able to play WW, if there is any one night games, send me a PM as I don't get on my own computer much in the evening. Spending time on the balcony sipping cocktails!

How is everyone?

Afternoon Mrs,

Well, it’s raining. That’s pretty much all the news I have :D

• Advertisement

I'd love to try a one day WW, with work now I find the longer ones too much of a commitment to do properly, but I can be useless for a single day :D

In other news it is sunny here but there are also dodgy looking clouds :pac:

I am also going out for dinner for the first time in nearly 7 months this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Ooh one day ww sounds cool!

I'm feeling sorry for myself with meds making me feel ill and fecking with my sleep. So very tired.

nothing wrote: »
    Ooh one day ww sounds cool!

I'm feeling sorry for myself with meds making me feel ill and fecking with my sleep. So very tired.

Have something bold and sugary to pep you up :) Wish we could do that everyday without the calorific side effect ;) Paint reveal tomorrow so you'll need to have some wits about you the :pac:

ari101 wrote: »
    Have something bold and sugary to pep you up :) Wish we could do that everyday without the calorific side effect ;) Paint reveal tomorrow so you'll need to have some wits about you the :pac:

Had a couple of cornettos :)

Looking forward to the paint reveal so much!

See all you folks on the other side of the hopefully super successful move!

*already in withdrawal :D

ari101 wrote: »
    See all you folks on the other side of the hopefully super successful move!

*already in withdrawal :D

Plenty of time to conjure some new games!

nothing wrote: »
    Plenty of time to conjure some new games!

Time I should focus on the day job with less distractions :pac:

Here's a few Pacs for the road :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In case I don't make it to the other side (or even if I do make it, but then subsequently reject the new site as if it were a defective organ transplant), it's been a blast here while it lasted.

So long and thanks for all the fish!!!

PS. RIP pac-emoji :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Requiescat in :pac:-e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

See you all on the other side

Advertisement