Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soldier F

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,156 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mikethecop wrote: »
    what about you do you think sf should hand over info on their war crimes too ?

And again with the desperate defection attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭mikethecop

And again with the desperate defection attempt.

you dont see the relevance to the post i was responding to ?

or is that uncomfortable for you ?

you dont see the relevance to the post i was responding to ?

or is that uncomfortable for you ?

There is no relevance to attempting to divert thread about the murder of innocent Irish people (led that day by the leader of the SDLP) to SF.

You are trying to insinuate they were combatants and that is disgusting as well as untrue.

Plenty of other places to vent yourself about SF

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Miniegg

mikethecop wrote:
    gas to see you lads react to the idea of justice for all not just for some

mikethecop wrote:
    id love to see where i did that

Then why bring up the IRA? Are you aware the British government legitimised the murders by saying the victims were IRA bombers? That is the only way the IRA are relevant in any way to those poor people, yet you feel the need to mention them. Was it just an unrelated coincidence in your quest to get justice for all war victims?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

what about you do you think sf should hand over info on their war crimes too ?

100% absolutely I think they should.....but I'll repeat again, can you check the title of the thread?

The victims of Bloody Sunday hold the very same amount of responsibility for the actions of the Provos as you do.

If your family were murdered by state forces, would you be in here telling everyone it was grand because sure didn't Gaddafi do just as bad?

• Advertisement

There is no relevance to attempting to divert thread about the murder of innocent Irish people (led that day by the leader of the SDLP) to SF.

You are trying to insinuate they were combatants and that is disgusting as well as untrue.

Plenty of other places to vent yourself about SF

now francie thats a nasty little lie to try to smear anyone with

now francie thats a nasty little lie to try to smear anyone with

Why are you insisting on talking about the IRA so?

What relevance do they have to innocent Irish people being shot in the street by the state.

By introducing the IRA you are making at the very least excuses for the actions of the state.

The entire thread is onto you on this, you are fooling nobody.

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    100% absolutely I think they should.....but I'll repeat again, can you check the title of the thread?

The victims of Bloody Sunday hold the very same amount of responsibility for the actions of the Provos as you do.

If your family were murdered by state forces, would you be in here telling everyone it was grand because sure didn't Gaddafi do just as bad?

when did i say its grand ? you dont even know what your so angry about fionn

What are your feelings on the state murdering innocent people? Can you express them without mentioning SF?

Can you talk about anything without mentioning SF. :D

Why are you insisting on talking about the IRA so?

What relevance do they have to innocent Irish people being shot in the street by the state.

By introducing the IRA you are making at the very least excuses for the actions of the state.

The entire thread is onto you on this, you are fooling nobody.

what a relief i was afraid you would start to see sense

• Advertisement

What are your feelings on the state murdering innocent people? Can you express them without mentioning SF?

Can you talk about anything without mentioning SF. :D

generally negative as would any sane person

they are your party of choice , isnt that why you come here so much ?

generally negative as would any sane person

they are your party of choice , isnt that why you come here so much ?

QED.

You can't talk about it without mentioning SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

I'm angry about innocent civilians being murdered by state forces and said state covering up those murders, Mike....I would've thought that was quite obvious.

I'm absolutely offended at the concept that you'd try and diminish this by trying to reference what a completely unrelated terrorist organisation did as if that has any relevance to the topic at hand.

mikethecop wrote:

See post #197 in this thread, g'lad

Miniegg wrote: »

I'll quote it because it is exactly what they are doing, carrying on from Unionists and the British doing it until the British had to own up to the overwhelming evidence.

Nice guys and gals.

Miniegg wrote:

I'm sure he, and the other similar posters on this thread, know exactly what they are doing.

And as much as they say the British were wrong and justice should be done, there is always a "but, what about the IRA?", which again, as they know, links innocent victims of BS and BM with the IRA.

They then equivocate the disgraceful actions of the British government (whose primary responsibility is to protect its citizens), with those of the IRA (a paramilitary group).

So really to them justice would be "great" , but they want to sow the seeds that the people who were murdered in cold blood kind of deserve it because IRA, and the British were kind of right to cover it up because IRA.

er thats you saying something not me

mikethecop wrote:
    er thats you saying something not me

Really because that's what you've been saying the whole time you've been on here

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I can tell you this...long before those people where even born they were on a 'side'.
    A 'side' Unionism and the British conspired to subdue and deprive of basic human rights. When that 'side' took to the streets to protest in the only way they could, that 'side' was mown down in the street by the state who then attempted to cover it up, whitewash it and who have now conspired to kick justice down the road to the point it cannot be delivered.

That is the 'side' I am on, I am happy and proud to be on it too.

Those who are on a side are the problem.

Those of us who condemn all criminal acts and want all perpetrators of criminal acts brought to full justice, to serve their full sentences, with no amnesties, with no early releases, and no hiding by governments are the only ones who have no "side".

blanch152 wrote: »
    Those who are on a side are the problem.

Those of us who condemn all criminal acts and want all perpetrators of criminal acts brought to full justice, to serve their full sentences, with no amnesties, with no early releases, and no hiding by governments are the only ones who have no "side".

The victims who are the subject of this thread have no connection to your 'needs'.

They were innocent. Discussing them does not require mention of other crimes.

You and others constant attempts to connect them to the conflict/war are despicable and straight out of the belligerent Unionism/British playbook. Nothing unique there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnsae2231

are you confusing the IRA and SF from the 20s with what exists today ?

not the same thing at all. not even close

No I am not, the provos had some of the biggest funerals in Irish and world history, the provos political wing (sinn fein) are the most popular party north and south of the border, there are framed pictures of provos hanging up in the Dail and there are memorials and streets named after provos from the Middle east to Australia to the United States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 johnsae2231

To be honest I would far rather see the intelligence services like MI5 who used loyalist paramilitaries to kill hundreds and hundreds of innocent civilians by proxy as part of their psychological warfare campaign and the serving members of the British government at the time who legislated it go to prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

What convinced you a paramilitary group was 'democratic'? I CERTAINLY never claimed it and always asked you and others to show me paramilitaries and revolutionaries who 'sought a mandate'. Their mandate could only ever be guessed at.

Well the murdering actions of the PIRA, we can speculate that they wanted a United Ireland and were willing to kill anyone who got in their way. A goal still not realised by the way, a UI.

It is funny though that you admit that paramilitaries should be held to a lower standard than a state, given their actions were so reprehensible and all that. Yet you defend them and what they stand for day in day out.

By that mere fact, paramilitaries can never claim the high moral ground.

Victims have no rank but murderers (and who those murderers represent) absolutely do.

Terror groups killing people is completely different to an elected government murdering its own innocent citizens with impunity.

Terrorists killing people is different? How?
    How is an ISIS bomber killing young girls at a concert killing people different than say someone being killed by the military somewhere else?

A murderer is a murderer, end of the story. This latent ranking on who pulled the trigger is nothing more than trying to protect one's ideology and cause over this fact.

For the record, I think someone like Solder F, the little I know about him should spend the rest of his life in prison.

I also think Republican or Loyalist terrorists who murdered people should also spend the rest of their lives in prison. We all know that there was a peace agreement that resulted in those people left free.

Yet some want justice for some murderers, yet want other murders left go, all because of the ideology they have.

We say, remember the victims of bloody Sunday, yet if one brings up the victim of say, Warrington, two young innocent boys, we are lectured by the same Republicans that although the deaths were regrettable, they were justified for the cause, for a United Ireland.

Blatant sickening hypocrisy.

Really because that's what you've been saying the whole time you've been on here

so why not post a quote of me saying it then ? because your trying to manipulate again

markodaly wrote:
    Yet some want justice for some murderers, yet want other murders left go, all because of the ideology they have.

Gas, so because I see the clear distinction between terror groups murdering people (which is what they do, instill terror), and an elected government murdering its own citizens, I must have an ideology? You thinking that says more about you than me.

At the time of BS, the IRA were not a force to be reckoned with. At that time, the British government oversaw an apartheid state in Northern Ireland, and Catholics living there protested for equal rights. Do you accept this?

The British, who had responsibility to provide equal rights for its citizens, and to protect them, sent the army onto the streets of Derry to murder them and ever since has covered it up. So dozens of successive governments are complicit.

An elected, democratic government sent the army onto the streets of one of its cities and murdered its own people who were non violently protesting for equal rights. Even saying that is insane.

Do you not see how this is entirely different to the actions of a terror group?

mikethecop wrote:
    so why not post a quote of me saying it then ? because your trying to manipulate again

Manipulate what?

Why not come on here and say those victims and their families deserve justice and the British government cover up is an absolute disgrace, and leave it at that. Why bring up the IRA at all?

No such thing as political murder....unless convicting those infringes tory party base prejudices

All inquires into troubles killings to be stopped,if the british are honest in their attempts to halt prosectutions,they should release all documents they hold pertaining to the troubles for an independant investigation or for open source research

Nationalists are long used to perfidious Britain when it comes to hypocrisy on justice, it's the Unionist/Loyalist victims I feel for here. They identify as British and once again the British in their own selfish interests want to shaft them.

Was 3-year-old toddler, Johnathan Ball and 12-year-old Tim Parry combatants as well?

You do know that SF/IRA killed way more innocent civilians than the British Security forces.

• Advertisement

Who claimed they were anything other than children Mark? You gonna trade on some emotional stuff now to deflect away from criticism of Britain?

Advertisement