Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

You put into words what i couldnt articulate. Vax have a pass (Privileged). Go and spread covid. Unvaxed (non privileged) get tested on each exit and reentry to country but because their unvaxed their seen as scumbags.

Is there an echo in here? How many times can you say the same thing?

And don't go giving Tony ideas - if you're worried about catching covid there's a vaccine for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So fully vaxxed uk into Ireland Post July 19th, we good?

I read Éamon Ryan wants to drop quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

And we're back !

Has everyone (vaccinated) received their DCC ?

Neither Husband nor I have. We were vaccinated in a MVC.

Parents received their DCC on Monday after receiving their second jab Friday 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Has anyone who has been vaccinated in the pharmacy received a DCC yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

Anyone been to the airport in the last few days?

Im off out tomorrow, hoping wont have much hassle i assume its busier now with tourists coming in and out

It won't get them into Spain unless it's 2 weeks since their final jab

I've got mine

In other news flying out from Dublin to Tenerife last Sunday, no Gardaí at fast track in T1

You Had to upload a negative pcr to the docs section of manage my booking on Ba

You could then Online check-in

7 people on the plane to London

Connected fine

Date on the PCR checked in TFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

I'm guessing there has been no update on transatlantic flights to the US yet? Looking like my September trip to NYC won't be going ahead 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I got vaccinated in Spain, and my cert was available immediately, very organised here.

But as there is an "explosion of cases" here at the moment (all young people that 1% will need hospitalisation, 0.05% ICU)

I am not sure Ireland will let me in , plan is to go next month, adults fully vaccinated and we have 2 boys (9,5), the 9 year old will need a pcr,

Right now we are still ok to go ?

U S visitors fully vaxxed are being allowed in here with a day 5 pcr negative result pcr

Reciprocal will need EU USA agreement which with delta numbers high is unlikely to be in time for you

You could try the US embassy for a holiday visa as a fully vaccinated person

A dumb priest never got a parish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

That's actually a great idea. Worst they can do is tell me to feck off. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

I think Ireland is switching to Aged 12+ for PCR for entry here from next Monday 19th

Post edited by SusanC10 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

I flew out to Spain last Saturday and while the airport was busier than this time last year, it was still eerily quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ganoga

Hey everyone,

Have an upcoming flight at 6:30, planning to arrive at airport around 3:30.

No vaccine but purchase a test kit from letsgetchecked, has anyone had any experience with these? There's no test center close to me. I seen them reccomended on Dublin airport's website.

Gonna look through this thread to see if anyone has.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

In Spain now. Flying back to Belfast Sunday, the NI website says "you must have a negative test 3 days before you start your trip to NI.

Friday is a public holiday here and they don't do weekend testing..

We have our tests this evening at 8pm Spanish time, fly on Sunday at 16.15 Spanish time, land at 19.20 UK time.

Should be grand yeah?!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Coming back into Ireland from the UK on the 27th July, have been vaxed and have my cert, will I need a PCR for this, I've been unable to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wh1skeyjack

Where are you based? I got an antigen test in a pharmacy, very quick results. I don't know if they accept a self administered test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Got my DCC emailed to me on Tuesday (2nd pfizer jab occurred 2 days beforehand) . Strange that I got it so soon as the needle woman said I wouldn’t be fully vaccinated until 7 days from the actual injection .

regardless , I’m not flying until the 28th of July so am delighted to escape the testing malarkey at both departure/arrival ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Flights booked home for the 6th and getting my second jab on the 23rd. My wife is already vaccinated, just a matter of sorting out our Certs.

Those of yez who have got them, are they a standard European format or a specifically Irish one?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

For European travel, you need at least 14 days since your second vaccination if you are relying on the digital cert to get you into the country. If you got your second jab on Tuesday, then it looks like you will reach 14 days the day before you are going to fly. Got there by the skin of your teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

It was Saturday that I got it. Still , phew. Your correct there, absolute skin of my teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Was Pfizered back in January in the hospitals, paper cert is in my hands now. Good to see it turn up in advance of the 19th, none of us thought it would actually happen but credit where credits due, they are doing it.... although it came in a Revenue envelope which caused a panic!

Only problems left -

• HSE lock on travel is in place still, PRESUMING that expires on the 19th, but they sent around a reminder about current HSE home quarantine rules only last week. Not sure what'll happen Monday but I can't see updated guidance appearing in an email at 9am.
    • I've already had the "Well you can go on holiday if you want to risk killing your vaccinated parents" from the oldies I live with. Marvelous. Thanks RTE.
    • I won't be going away for a few weeks until we see how these checks bed in reality, and what immigration queues are like. And we maybe see what delta does in the short term.

You got it

But its no use to you until you are at least 14 days vaccinated if you want to enter most EU countries as vaccinated instead of tested

• Registered Users Posts: 13,961 ✭✭✭✭josip

Here’s our experience of EU travel in Covid times from 2 weeks ago. A lot has changed since then I expect, even Boards.

Dublin (Fri 2nd) gosafe24 deep in the depths of the Rosemount Business, PCR test in the evening, 5 laps of the lower nostril, results exactly 4 hours later.

Rosslare (Sat)   Gardai parked up, but in the cars not checking, we were the last car to arrive 1 hour before departure.

Stena Check In guy apologetically asked for a PCR for our 11 year old (which we had)

France (Sun)     We were delayed getting off the boat and by the time we left, there were no police to be seen anywhere in Cherbourg.

Most people on the streets in Cherbourg seemed to have masks at least partially on their faces

Hotel in Strasbourg did not require test or vaccine results to checked.    

Same as Cherbourg, most people on the streets in Cherbourg seemed to have masks at least partially on their faces, probably going to work on public transport.

(Mon)                Got a free tourist PCR test in a Laboratoire 3 mins walk from the hotel, nasal swab was the brain tickling variety. Hopefully the last I’ll need

Germany           Same as Rosslare, Polizei parked up at the German border but nobody being stopped.

N95 (no cotton/paper surgical) masks required for autobahn McDonalds, staff in surgicals. 3M make a lot of N95 masks :)

Any kind of mask ok for Hotel before the Austrian border. Everyone eating outside the local restaurant, staff had masks, no masks evident on the street unlike France, but rural location in Germany

French PCR results came through in English before midnight

Austria (Tue)     No Polizei visible at the German-Austrian border

Polizei parked up but not checking on the Austrian-Slovenian border, long queues on the other side for traffic entering Austria from Slovenia

Slovenia            Transit Slovenia via non-tolled roads and filled up with (30c) cheaper off motorway fuel.

When I returned to the car I suddenly realized that the girl behind the counter had smiled (politely) at me.

I hadn’t copped that nobody working there had a mask, normality !

Croatia              Entered Croatia via very quiet border crossing, offered PCR tests to Policija, but knew we didn’t need them for transit, as did Policija who noted our entry time and gave us our 12 hours. Policija didn’t have any mask and asked us about our trip.

Dourest (unmasked) Policija in Croatia does the passport check leaving Croatia.

Serbia               Staying overnight in Serbia, so show PCR results to unmasked Policija on the Serbian side

Masks in big supermarket in Serbia, but not by staff or most guests in our hotel and in some small shops.

Lidl employs people to spray and sanitize trolleys and people at the entrances.

Macedonia (Wed) PCR results requested and accepted by unmasked Policija on the (North) Macedonian border.

Mask wearing in Macedonia seems similar to Serbia

38C here again today.

Too hot, missing our nice Irish clouds and westerlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Travel experience post:

Flew into the UK last week. No issues flying in, no Gardaí in the airport at all - 7am. Through security in about 3 minutes.

Flying home, I had my vaxx card, PCR and locator form. Wasn't asked for anything to board the flight home, they didn't check PCR tests for anyone before boarding.

Upon arrival in Ireland, through immigration in about 3 minutes. No check on my locator form, a cursory glance at a screenshot of my PCR results and on my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Anyone have any experience travelling home from Spain recently. We are flying out from Dublin on Sunday for week. Fully vaxed but no covid certs. We got vaccinated in NI. They have yet to issue certs. Will Ryanair staff accept the vaccine cards ?? Are Ryanair asking for them at boarding gates when returning to Ireland ?

Would like to avoid a PCR test for 5 of use (all vaxd) if I can help it !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Has anyone who was done by GP (without registering on portal), received their cert by post? We fly out next week so getting a bit twitchy about it. MrPC7 was done in MVC and received his via email. Thanks.

Advertisement