Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Found this, interesting stuff. Going to try put weight on my front foot for all the swing including backswing. Then off to the Pro if that doesn't work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muRaZFR9PZM

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

Irishder wrote: »
    Found this, interesting stuff. Going to try put weight on my front foot for all the swing including backswing. Then off to the Pro if that doesn't work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muRaZFR9PZM

I found this series from Rick Shiels very good - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKnkfgDBi62lTGPqEciFLZixkaagTOd39

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

in what is no doubt going to be a vain attempt, I'm going to try and bring this thread back on topic..... ie off topic!!!

anyone watch the Monaco Grand Prix the other day? I usually love it, my favourite place, been a few times (drove the track (in traffic :()which was cool) and the only GP I've ever been at, but my god it was a boring race the other day.

And as for the Mighty Reds, what an end to the season. The middle third of the season where they only amassed 12 points from 14 games really was such a bad run which was be hit hard with the injuries they had sustained but they really got back on the horse and took 26 points out of the last 10 games with some of the replacements really showing great improvement in their form. Gini will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Seve OB wrote: »
    in what is no doubt going to be a vain attempt, I'm going to try and bring this thread back on topic..... ie off topic!!!

anyone watch the Monaco Grand Prix the other day? I usually love it, my favourite place, been a few times (drove the track (in traffic :()which was cool) and the only GP I've ever been at, but my god it was a boring race the other day.

And as for the Mighty Reds, what an end to the season. The middle third of the season where they only amassed 12 points from 14 games really was such a bad run which was be hit hard with the injuries they had sustained but they really got back on the horse and took 26 points out of the last 10 games with some of the replacements really showing great improvement in their form. Gini will be missed.

I love the F1 but Jesus that was a boring race. The only overtake that I can remember is Mick Schu on marzipan. Been a great season so far. Hoping to get to a race next year, hopefully Spa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I really lost interest in F1 a couple of year ago, but got fed up with it to be honest. I think its partly my dislike of Hamilton as I think that he is a very good driver, but had the vast majority of his success at a time when his car was light years ahead of the nearest competitor.

Monaco is generally one of the more boring ones, unless there are incidents as theres feck all opportunities to overtake. Spa is usually pretty class alright

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I lost interest in F1 when Senna died, I was working for a Brazilian bank at the time and no one came to work for nearly two weeks and when they started trickling back you could hear a pin drop, the man was a God to them

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,914 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Check out drive to survive on Netflix, it's very good, even ms Toboggan with no Interest in F1 loves it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

padmcv wrote: »
    I found this series from Rick Shiels very good - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKnkfgDBi62lTGPqEciFLZixkaagTOd39

Thanks for posting that, great info. Looked at the series and went to the range last night. def fixed my big slice and pain issue. still not perfect but getting there and its great to know what's causing the slice.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

I see on McGuirks website in thier Ts&Cs they say they not only will match the price of products elsewhere but beat it. But there's no information on how to actually avail of the price matching. Do I need to go into a store to do this or email their customer service?

elvisn wrote: »
    I see on McGuirks website in thier Ts&Cs they say they not only will match the price of products elsewhere but beat it. But there's no information on how to actually avail of the price matching. Do I need to go into a store to do this or email their customer service?

Another off topic fail...:D

However, I know people that have gone in to shops offering this before and just brought up the competitors website on their phone and showed the sales guy in the shop the quoted price.

Back on the on topic, off topic side of things, anyone any recommendations of non golf related youtube channels with decent content that would pass some time?

• Advertisement

Another off topic fail...:D

However, I know people that have gone in to shops offering this before and just brought up the competitors website on their phone and showed the sales guy in the shop the quoted price.

Back on the on topic, off topic side of things, anyone any recommendations of non golf related youtube channels with decent content that would pass some time?

I’m watching some lad called Ali Dimock. Also a few sketch up how to videos. They be grand If you want to build a shed :D

Actually if you like woodworking (and even if you don’t) check out Steve Ramsey

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

VSauce is usually good for killing some time. I'd also recommend checking out some interesting subreddits like ELI5 (Explain like I'm 5), AskScience and AskScience:fiction (this is like ask science but related to fiction, so have ever wanted to know an in world answer as to how a warp core works or how blaster rifles ammunition works or what a clone from the stars wars clone wars paid time off is like, or want to know how Spiderman can afford web shooters but can't afford new jeans and so on) it's oddly entertaining and addicting.

Non-golf youtube, i watch a guy called George Austers, he is a mechanic and puts up doing work on his own cars. great if you have a BMW and are into doing your own work on them.

Premier Lawns for lawn care tips
    Super GT for Gran Turismo vids
    Restore IT, he has restored an E30 BMW which i intend to do myself at some point.
    Jake Sloan for drone videos and tips. He is in Alaska so gets some class shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I'd watch a bit of Super GT but prefer Jimmy Broadbent, he's actually racing now aswell in a Praga

This distracted me for two hours

I have watched a couple of Jimmy's videos too and do enjoy them, really like the ones where he is at a race weekend and getting some in-race footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I have no idea where to put this. I got out to watch the Connacht Women's senior Open in Athlone over the last couple of days. Some serious golf played down there. Made me realise that I really am not at the races at all :D They all hit the ball so long and so straight and short games are so good.

https://www.golfireland.ie/regional#/competition/2959968/leaderboard

Rikand wrote: »
    I have no idea where to put this. I got out to watch the Connacht Women's senior Open in Athlone over the last couple of days. Some serious golf played down there. Made me realise that I really am not at the races at all :D They all hit the ball so long and so straight and short games are so good.

https://www.golfireland.ie/regional#/competition/2959968/leaderboard

Well definitely not in the only non golf thread on the golf forum :D

Maybe here https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058140919/22/#post117508392

Well definitely not in the only non golf thread on the golf forum :D

Maybe here https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058140919/22/#post117508392

Cheers lol - I was searching for pages and pages looking for an appropriate thread. Just picked one in the end that was probably the most wrong of all lol :D

This is some game of ball!

Seve OB wrote: »
    This is some game of ball!

Agreed, who thought Kildare had under age hurlers!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Are we back live?

Yeah, but not mad about it especially the phone version.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Not a fan of the new site at all to be honest. Might be ok once we get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

They seem to be adding features on the fly. Earlier the Like and Flag buttons weren't there and now they are. Some features still to come I'd imagine. Threads are currently in bold whether you've read them or not at the moment, although the icon to the left seems to indicate this. Site is quite slow also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭coillcam

Spot on, it's going to be buggy for a while. I imagine they had to go live without implementing/testing everything as the site was offline for so long.

Yeah, mobile version is very poor so far to be honest. Desktop site is relatively close to what was there before

New site looks horrible.

But I like the private messages feature of giving you a snapshot of the last couple of PMs received

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

New site is painfully bad! I'd say my days are numbered

Anyone have a recommendation for a good Sun cream that is easily applied when out on a well groomed piece of land? I put suncream on when im out but the one i use is cream, is there any good sprays that would be easily used? or are all the spray ones the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭coillcam

I've Friday off work and looking to get a round in on a different course (home not available due to leinster ladies' c'ship this weekend). Does anyone know of any singles comps scheduled in the midlands or east of the country?

Alternatively, recommendations for any interesting courses in the area that won't break the bank(€60 or less I guess).

Advertisement