Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

All this talk of speedy results has me refreshing this thread and my message boards obsessively...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ck18

Skweefie wrote: »
    All this talk of speedy results has me refreshing this thread and my message boards obsessively...

Same! Dying to know if I passed or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

Any idea how long it will take to get down to the 1100s, in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

They are at least half way there at the moment. I was mid 500s and I have done stage two already . Just waiting on results so I would say not long at all the way the placements are going at the moment

They are working on batch 2 at the minute. So Depends how many they call in batch 3, you might actually be waiting for batch 4 with that number. Hard to tell when they’ll go through that many batches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

Thanks Hunter72. Looking back at public jobs messages and see I got oom 9 for Offaly after stage 1. Does anyone know have anyone been called forward for Offaly or if I'd expect to get called in the lifetime of panel.

Offaly has called to OOM 4 i.e 5 candidates in total. Very small number to call forward never heard of it being done like this before... .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DancingQueen1

Thanks for that MiggyB. That's a very small number being brought forward to stage 2. I have decided to accept Dublin. Good luck with the process. Are you in top 5 for Offaly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I have a question. I put down Dublin and Tipperary as my choices. I'm currently awaiting the results of Stage 2 in Dublin, and either they haven't called anyone from Tipperary yet or they haven't reached my OOM. If I fail at Stage 2 in Dublin, does this mean I'm out of the running in Tipperary as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CivilServant91

I have a question. I put down Dublin and Tipperary as my choices. I'm currently awaiting the results of Stage 2 in Dublin, and either they haven't called anyone from Tipperary yet or they haven't reached my OOM. If I fail at Stage 2 in Dublin, does this mean I'm out of the running in Tipperary as well?

Yes you would be out- scores are carried across so you only do each stage once

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jobdoer001

So got my offer and have taking it, I was in the 50s of the 1st batch. Staying in my department so that's great news too

• Advertisement

jobdoer001 wrote: »
    So got my offer and have taking it, I was in the 50s of the 1st batch. Staying in my department so that's great news too

Congrats, can I ask when was the offer made and how long was the process from confirming you were taking Dublin?

Just trying to estimate how long the process will take for batch 1.2

Okay so got notified I passed the interview at the end of May. Then got told I Wass being considered for a position in mid June. Told I was assigned to ags on 24 June and got the formal call earlier this week

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

Okay so got notified I passed the interview at the end of May. Then got told I Wass being considered for a position in mid June. Told I was assigned to ags on 24 June and got the formal call earlier this week

Congratulations no messing around there

Fair play and thanks for the detailed timeline and thanks again. Batch 1.2 seemed to get called for clearance/consideration for Dublin the very next day so we could be called even quicker!

But thanks again and best of luck in your new position

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Brera

Congratulations.

They do seem to be moving really fast this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Has anyone from Batch 1.2 heard anything since the clearance forms went back?

Has anyone from Batch 1.2 heard anything since the clearance forms went back?

Not me anyway- although I am in the 30's

Not me anyway- although I am in the 30's

Thanks for that. I wonder how long it will take. I know they have already been in touch with my manager for an evaluation/reference. This has been my only section in the CS too, so i'm not sure what else they will do. I assume they wont check the same references they checked when we entered the CS?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DancingQueen1

Haven't heard anything back yet either. I'm in mid twenties.

Thanks for that. I wonder how long it will take. I know they have already been in touch with my manager for an evaluation/reference. This has been my only section in the CS too, so i'm not sure what else they will do. I assume they wont check the same references they checked when we entered the CS?

I very much doubt that they will go back any further- I think they told us the next step is for our prospective departments to get in touch with us. Open to correction though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 RedBarchetta

Did you request to stay? If so did you ask before or after your interview results? Thanks.

Did you request to stay? If so did you ask before or after your interview results? Thanks.

If your looking to stay where you are now would be the time to be contacting your HR and PAS if your in batch 1.2... but they wont gurantee anything

No, just a coincidence. I've heard people say you should contact your hr department after being successful in round 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Christ I'm dying here waiting to find out did I scrape through to stage 3, wish they would just put me out of my misery!

Patience is a wonderful thing to have!

italodisco wrote: »
    Christ I'm dying here waiting to find out did I scrape through to stage 3, wish they would just put me out of my misery!

Same! Isn’t it so hard to wait. Just constantly refreshing my emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

italodisco wrote: »

The first batch came out this day in the timings so I was hoping we would have our results today.

Has anyone in batch 1.2 heard anything since the clearance forms were issued?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Hi all,

Does anyone know how long there is between being notified of the interview date and the actual interview date please?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Not a thing from me unfortunately.. I wonder will any news from now on come via email or through our PublicJobs account?

Advertisement