Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LD23

nicchick88 wrote: »
    How long is clearance taking for you guys? I’m currently in the review stage of clearance and it’s taking 2 weeks to look over my docs, I was told it was only going to take 1-2 days.

I was wondering this too...

Sent my documents back to them last Tuesday, emailed again on Thursday to confirm they had got them and they hadn't - was in my sent box too, so if anyone hasn't received confirmation that they've got their files I'd advise emailing again.

Wondering is this going to slow things down with progressing. Would they already have the department you're going to decided on before this approval comes through?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    They asked me for all the docs in one go. References, University degree, ID etc.

I’m currently waiting on Garda vetting. They said around a week for it but would be surprised if it’s not longer.

Great thanks! Yeah a week seems a bit optimistic with Garda Vetting but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EO2020

oisinnisio wrote: »
    Does anyone know when a new competition would be expected to open for eo position in 2021? I assume this competition will be closed soon?

This is a 2 year competition so it’s at least open till 2022. They only run EO every 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

EO2020 wrote: »
    This is a 2 year competition so it’s at least open till 2022. They only run EO every 2 years

They ran an EO competition in 2019 which only finished up this year. & this one started in 2020. They may run one later in 2021 or early 2022 yet depending on demand. It's not always a 2 year gap.

blondie007 wrote: »
    They ran an EO competition in 2019 which only finished up this year. & this one started in 2020. They may run one later in 2021 or early 2022 yet depending on demand. It's not always a 2 year gap.

2016/2018/2019 all ran for 2 years from application. It says in the info booklet for this comp June 2022 so I’d say it’s a save bet considering they’re only starting batch 2 of Dublin and only a handful of regional counties have panelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 CoolroeMan

Any updates on Cork interviews please ?

I got an email this evening in relation to interviews in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

CoolroeMan wrote: »

What number are you if you don’t mind saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Got email for Tipp inside top 10 only have until tomorrow to reply. Just outside top ten for Limerick which is my preference oh the dilemma

What number are you if you don’t mind saying?

8 I think!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

8 I think!!!

Is that before of after your interview?

• Advertisement

Is that before of after your interview?

Before

Thanks for that & congrats. Best of luck with your interview.

Are you on the Open or Interdepartmental panel ?

EO2020 wrote: »
    2016/2018/2019 all ran for 2 years from application. It says in the info booklet for this comp June 2022 so I’d say it’s a save bet considering they’re only starting batch 2 of Dublin and only a handful of regional counties have panelled.

Yes, each panel runs for 2 years but there isn't always a 2 year wait for a new one to start up -
    eg one started in 2019 & another started in 2020. So while it's unlikely for another one to open up in 2021-it's a possibility.

Thanks for that & congrats. Best of luck with your interview.

Are you on the Open or Interdepartmental panel ?

Open

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Keeks101

Hi guys, interview tomorrow for Dublin I was batch 2 OOM 184.

If anybody has any tips whatsoever or any questions that caught them off guard I’d really appreciate it!

Nerves are getting the better of me today!

Keeks101 wrote: »

If anybody has any tips whatsoever or any questions that caught them off guard I’d really appreciate it!

The interview was well structured and they asked me the competencies in the order they are on the familiarisation material. One interviewer took the first half and the second the other.

I was asked about a project I saw through start to finished, the results of it, what I learned and what I’d do differently, a difficult customer I had to deal with, a difficult staff member I had to deal with and how I handled it. I was also asked about civil service values and which one I thought was most important to me so might be worth having a look over just in case, a few of my friends were also asked this.

Don’t panic if they cut you off or interject with other questions, usually this means you’ve given them everything they want or they ask questions to help you along. The interviews are under time constraints and they do seem to religiously stick to that time which was about 40 mins or so.

The very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 VintageDenim

Keeks101 wrote: »

Hey it is very nerve-wrecking but don't stress, you know your own experience best. I would say the interview moves very fast and they didn't allow me much time to get my experience across before they would ask a follow up question so don't be too rigid with answer formats. Just answer what they are asking to the best of your ability. Spend you prep time just refreshing your best anecdotes for each competency in your head.

I didn't get any questions other than the competencies and follow up questions so nothing to really 'catch you off-guard' but you get some time at the end to talk freely/ask questions so maybe have a quick pitch which summarizes why you should get the position. I did this instead of asking redundant questions like when will I receive results etc. (I felt my interview went horrendously but ended up doing quite well so don't get fixed on the interviewers or their reactions)

Hope that helps a bit and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kulka_s

Hi all!

How long does it usually take to get the e-tray results?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Did anyone apply for the Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission( GSOC)Assistant Investigations Officers (AIO) (EO) roles?

And we're back !!!

Any updates on Cork lads ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 BB2018

Did an interview for Dublin last week. Found it tough :/ Just wondering are people interviewing for Dublin this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Similar question, I did interview for Sligo last week and I just wondered if they are still interviewing in Sligo if anyone could enlighten me? BB2018 good luck and I hope you get good news soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LISAMC38

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LISAMC38

Good luck, hope you passed. What elements of the interview did you find tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

Any updates on Sligo?

Thanks. I found the questions very specific at times which made it difficult to work in my examples I had prepared. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AJMG

Interviewed Monday week ago and no updates. Not really expecting any word till late next week. Would be great to hear sooner tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HillyMammoth

Perhaps this has been previously answered but can anyone tell me how the batches work? I've placed quite high OOM but in a lower batch so I'm wondering about how I should feel about my prospects of being called for a position?

• Advertisement

Congrats! I got Dublin results today and was pleasantly surprised:)

Advertisement