Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

I know theres a ship in Emden currently thats due to get into Dublin on Sunday. Dealer said he should have news monday or early tuesday which is why I was hoping it might be on it. But maybe not. Is your car not out of final production yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Took delivery on Tuesday. Delighted with it.

It's in final production for at least Two weeks but dealer had no news at all so my guess it will be weeks yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Nice! Wear well. Same colour as mine.

I'll wave if I see you around the county. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Nice, how come? Did they find a bucketful of capacitors or whatever it is they're missing?

PS wtf is the craic with the new site...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I like that Stonewashed Blue ... looks really nice.

The site has been changed over to a new platform and due to some problems, has been off-line for a week. Missed me fix bud!!

Yeah I know its been down, but on twitter they've been promising that it would look and function much the same.

Far from it. Even though I'm posting in this thread it doesn't show in my discussions. I can't access a list of my followed threads. It's a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Your followed threads are under "My Bookmarks"

Its much more familiar and easy to navigate on pc. The touch site is hard to get around alright.

• Advertisement

Down the bottom of the page for me on mobile.

Perfect found it.

Why they have a list of most of those links in the menu button at the top, but not the bookmarks, is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

ended up buying one at the weekend, tested a Leaf last year, and an E308 a couple of weeks back, the ID3 just seemed right. Seems like I would have agonised more buying a laptop

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Id thank your post only theres no option to on desktop site lol!

Well wear. Yeah we test drove a few cars but decision was made very quickly after driving ID.3 also. Did you get one in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It looks like the over-the-air updates are about to happen. I got an email the other day with my VIN etc and to agree to the update... so I'm expecting the 2.3 update to magically appear any day now.

I dont care about any pricking around with the infotainment layout... they better have the charging timers fixed! 😡

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Someone requested pic of a Scale Silver id.3 - here’s my June registered Tech spec model with 18” Derry alloys.

There must be something going on in the background because there was an option to like and separate agree button there this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I've a first and got the confirmation mail with the link to accept the update last Friday. Still no sign of an update. The cars is supposed to poll the VW servers once a week for updates. I haven't seen anyone in various forums of the 1st mover Facebook group who has actually received the update.

It will contain very little of new functionality but I'm hoping it will fix my constant connection issues.

best colour by far imo.

( but we ordered moonstone grey).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 OscarBluth

Can I ask a question from people currently buying an ID3?

Is there a huge wait time, and is there a reason why dealers might not be returning my calls? I've been trying for over a month to arrange a test drive, I've been a bit casual about it (we want to upgrade before new baby arrives in November so we've felt like there's no big rush) but its the third time nobody has got back to me now, don't know if its the dealers not bothered, if this is the norm (have never considered buying a new car before) or if they're not interested in selling the id3 due to backlog. Was advised on the phone not to call in without an appointment as they're so busy.

Also, if you've seen more recent price lists: the Volkswagen website suggests pricing starting at 32k - is that miles away from what you'd actually get? We have a budget more like 30, so not sure how far we can stretch. This will be our first electric car purchase, whatever we end up with, and hopefully a car that will last us for ten years: we're really not car people and I've been finding it a bit frustrating how had it is to get basic info out of people.

On the chat function with VW currently, they've checked the commission number and confirmed that the car is in production (it was scheduled for week 29).

Can't tell me anything more though, so I still have to go back to the dealer for updates.

There are long lead times for a lot of cars at present due to chip shortages. I ordered a car the first week of May and I don’t know when we will get it. Mad lad ordered his at the same time and it is listed as being in production still. I hope we will have ours by mid August but who knows.

I found dealers reasonably responsive in our part of the world. The South East.

I wouldnt hold your breath for having a new ID.3 in your hands by Novemeber, particularly since you are only starting the process with the dealer now. Unless you were buying one from dealer stock, like an ex-demo, which wont likely be anywhere near €30k as they will be high-spec.

If budget is an issue you could wait until the shorter range version comes in. That should be under €30k, but there are no details on its price/spec yet. Likely to be 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Saw that video, recognised a lot of the roads he drove on. Must have been made a while ago, temperatures were quite low on the car thermometer. Also I don't remember him saying what the total mileage was that he did, but he did mention in the comments that he did a bit of driving around as well. Should be a very easy trip with the milder weather, no need for any hypermiling. And what was the giving out about the regen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Hi,

Still debating whether an EV is for me or not and would appreciate some feeback on the following 'typical/needed' scenario:

Commute from Galway to Limerick and back again, so ~200km round, includes say 50-70km of motorway, possibly stay the night in Limerick, and ideally charge at work when I arrive but impossible to guarantee. I will have a home charger and am okay with a 20min rest stop to charge, say a circle K in Limerick/Shannon. But I can see myself in wet winter just wanting to be home asap.

What I am worried is that my life will become a constant search/ anixety for charge - or worse out at 7pm in the evening to use work charger and hanging there for a few hours cause I have an EV., then I read don't charge to 100% and don't let it drop below 20 at which point 60% of the quoted 350km isnt ideal. I am thinking about a Family 58Kwhr, zero kids and mainly just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Did the same yesterday and same result, in production but no more info yet. I ordered mid May with production due first week July (model year 2022)

He doesnt understand regen!

He said he was trying to eek out more miles and do hypermiling and was trying to force more regen, which is not what he should have been doing at all. The idea is to let the car coast if you want to go further. And he was flicking between B and D continuously, when all he had to do was let the car figure out the regen for him or just use the brake pedal and that will invoke it.... continuously flicking between B and D was ridiculous.

By forcing regen he was actually make it worse... but thats Bob!

Good luck pointing that out to him. He can't take any kind of criticism at all, even the constructive variety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I thought the regen bit was strange too. I only drove the car for a few hours but figured out how it worked fairly quickly!

Advertisement