Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Comments

Hoping things improve over the next few days, I find it quite hard to navigate.

My threads are not bringing me to the last post, and not showing as read.

did the lol, thanks, agree, things disappear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭mossie

This is a big miss, I can find my followed threads but not my followed forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Bravo on the job guys...you really nailed it.

Jokes, I give you a 0/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

No way to search for posts by user (this is a huge miss IMO, I used it all the time)

Forum summary page shows last posted time as the time the thread was created (but only for some threads)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Attachments don't seem to have been carried over.

• Advertisement

You don’t seem to auto subscribe (or “follow”) to a thread if you post in it any more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

No (obvious) option to toggle between auto-formatting and plain text. Just beginning to find this annoying as the software assumes that I want to e.g. insert bullet points or a numbered list, but decides for itself what's what (e.g. in post above, decided that the number 2. should be 1. in a new ordered list).

And (yet again) seriously retrograde step in removing all our basic formatting options - bold, italic, strikethrough, colour, size ... Sure - they may be there, but WHERE are they???

Ohhhhhh .... right. Should have guessed - this has become a clickety-click site, so nothing happens unless you click, double click or click-and-click again. And then it seems to be limited to bold and italic. That is really, really, really ancient coding. I hope you got the whole package at 1990s prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It's like a site from the late 90s. Just give us back the old touch site until you fix the new one. It's terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭antimatterx

When you are viewing a user's profile, the option to view threads / comments they have posted is gone.

Is this not a important feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Your followed threads are under "My. Bookmarks"

To find my bookmarks you have to scroll to the bottom of the page and it's under quick (lol) links.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭pah

This is pretty bad. Why do I need to see a truncated list of 3800 users at the bottom of my page. I can't find my followed threads anywhere. What's the point of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Dark mode definetly needed for those with vision impairements /dsylexia/when tired at night and a good few boards members are getting older if they dont have sight issues they will soon!

The light grey text versus blue very hard to deferiatate between. So no idea if you have posted a working link.

The actual font not too bad at all.

Yes please reinstate thankyou option ..nice to be able to acknowledge a post in that way.

Somebody asked what is

wooh just expected a link when I posted that not an image

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭klose

Also is the wall of text list of active users at the bootom of the page on mobile needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Why do I need to see a list of over 3000 users while scrolling on mobile? It takes over most of the page depending on what thread I'm looking at (if I can find the one I want, that is).

Is there a need for this 'Social Activity Feed' with Users changing their profile photos that I really don't care for?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,577 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

To be honest, I'd say no myself as all it seems to be used for is some posters dragging up posts someone made months or years ago in a different context to try and score points against them now.

Something we could do without IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There doesn't seem to be the ability to use spoiler tags

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The Groups seem to be broken at present and no discussions have carried over, even though it says 22k discussions beside the soccer forum.

Bookmarked discussions from groups also do not show in the MyThreads tab, would it be possible to add that

The SEO is messed up from Google. When I click any results, it brings me to the homepage as opposed to the thread:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Glaceon

+1, was about to say the same myself. It always made me feel uncomfortable to see someone trundle through a user's old posts in an attempt to find something to hang them with. I'd be happy if this didn't come back.

Regarding the new design, I'll hold judgement until the issues are ironed out. I've read several "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" comments but the old site was very much broken so I agree something had to be done.

I often use it on my own profile also. I think it's an important feature. It's literally on every discussion site (reddit?), and is an expected feature. IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sorry, you planned a massive site move with just ONE dev!? What in gods name were you thinking of making that decision. Your wallet....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

is this the new and improved experience?

same as all the previous new and improved experiences

nothing improved, user experience diminished, standard.

made an absolute hames of it, an absolute hames

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

The loss of link ins from Google search results is surely a site killer, no? 20+ years of information with broken links would surely turn people off the site. To me, that's a huge overlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Glaceon

That should sort itself out over time. The same thing happened when the old responsive site was made default outside of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Nice to have the site back up and running again.

Will be nicer when the bugs are ironed out but for now, it's good to be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

where is soccer? It's not appearing under the Sports category

where is my subbed list?

this is amateur hour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

On My Threads, a thread title remains bold even when it has been read making it impossible to determine if you're up to date on your thread at a later date. Also no notification of how many of My Threads are unread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Mobile site is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Yeah honestly cant use Boards without the Dark theme, the fact you went live on a new design in 2021 without a dark theme is baffling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The wasted space above a quoted post is annoying.

And no uniformity for the borders of a users profile on the left of a post

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement